Ballman
Two years ago

Wildcats losing sponsors

Today on Triple M Radio Lauchy was quoted as saying "They've now lost, I’m told, five sponsors. Several of those have been around for 20 years," Lachy said on Triple M Breakfast with Basil Zempilas and Michelle Anderson (filling in for Xavier Ellis)"

New owners need to get competent leadership back in charge and let the leader do their thing to get the club on track.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/perth-wildcats-wheels-fall-off-as-corporate-support-wavers-203003

I wonder how much on-court failure leads to off court disruption.

Topic #50271 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Two years ago

I'd say it's less to do with on court performance and more about the new owners pushing a different style of business acumen and behavior.

Reply #895962 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Sometimes you need to tear something down to build it back up.

Reply #895980 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Before building it back up I should say.

Yeah, I'm really trying to put a positive spin on this.

Reply #895981 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Two years ago

Look guys : sponsors will come and go. You lose 5, you pick up 5.

The main thing is we are changing coach, players and managers. This means good news .

Reply #895988 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I'm curious as to which sponsors; I can't think of any off the top of my head that have been around that long.

Reply #895991 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I was thinking the same and assume Reid is rounding up heavily.

Many long term sponsors went by the wayside after Marvin increased the level of commitment necessary to be considered a sponsor before the move to Perth Arena.

Reply #895993 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Wonder if it also has anything to do with the member survey they sent out in the last couple months where they gauge your awareness of gameday sponsors and their brand visibility. I pay no attention to advertising at the games and attendance was reduced maybe loads of others are the same?

Reply #895994 | Report this post

Train  
Two years ago

Good chance the loss of sponsors is due to new sponsors being taken on board. Wildcats HQ have previously have strayed from alcohol, sports betting and fast food sponsorship. Maybe a case that they are moving in a different direction which doesn't align with other sponsors, hence then not renewing sponsorship. By memory , Colonial Brewing jumping on board last year was the first alcohol sponsorship I have seen for many years, wouldn’t align so well well with the "alcohol think again" sponsorship from a few years ago.

Reply #895996 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Off topic but ex Perth player VicLaw signed in Japan, Chiba jets.

Reply #895997 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I know alcoholthinkagain is still on some of their merchandise such as a backpack I bought last season. I'm not sure if this actually makes them a sponsor (even minor) but they seemed to stick around for a bloody long time

Reply #896002 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

" a different style of business acumen and "

Thank you for this awesome euphemism aa.

Reply #896004 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

"a different style of business acumen and behavior"

Reply #896005 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

such as a backpack I bought last season.

What school do you go to?

Reply #896008 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Yeah not sure why you'd want to tear down what is (maybe was now?) the best organisation in the NBL and one of the best in Aussie sport. Not sure what the hell is going on with the new owners but they're making plenty of us concerned.

Reply #896022 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Not sure why Law came up again from Rillie, he was a small 4 as they go and has had two season ending injuries in a row. Ignoring any real or imagined culture issues the cats needed to go a different direction.

Reply #896026 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Atleast Travers will be stashed at Perth

Reply #896032 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Knightcorp and Pentanet are out.

Chief executive Troy Georgiu was sacked and head of commercial Anthony Radich resigned. Radich has since been appointed Perth Glory CEO. Media manager Wade Dobson has also resigned.

Reply #897088 | Report this post

Outlook  
Two years ago

Pentanet is losing money, needs to stop the bleeding.

Reply #897094 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Not surprised when you see all the cars the owner has bought.

Reply #897099 | Report this post

Outlook  
Two years ago

Pentanet will also give up naming rights to the HBF Arena oval.

Reply #897221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754