NBLTigers
Two years ago

Isaac Humphries signs with Melbourne

We are thrilled to announce the signing of former NBA big man and NBL Rookie of the Year, Isaac Humphries, for the NBL23 season.

Humphries is currently in the best shape of his career and said he couldn't be more excited to join his new teammates in Melbourne and get to work preparing for the upcoming season.
An elite post player and shot blocker, Humphries will help the squad anchor their elite defence, while providing a go-to scoring option inside the arc.

We will be sharing the exciting news on our website and social media at 12.30pm today!

Topic #50284 | Report this topic

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

feel like we could have used the other thread but thanks

Reply #896167 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Good move for Humphries as there are more musical theatre opportunities in Melbourne compared with Adelaide.

Reply #896168 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Umm thought I started a thread on this.

Reply #896172 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

So what? It'll have to be the first thread ever then that's gone from reporting a rumour to confirming a signing?

Shame Adelaide couldn't keep him!

Reply #896176 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

36ers have turned the JVG specials Hannahs, Withers and Humphries into Franks and Cleveland with another big name still to come. Good luck to MU , hope he plays more than the traditional hand full of games.

Reply #896178 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

If hes healthy he is one of the best bigs in the league. Seems to be a very confidence driven player. Vickerman tends to get the best out of guys so I think hes in for a big bounceback year.

Reply #896181 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He's a big softie and Vickerman won't tolerate it, pass the popcorn.

My condolences, LV.

Reply #896185 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Humphries when healthy is a beast. I love this.

I'm interested how they juggle minutes. Hukporti will be in his 2nd season in the United system. I was expecting he'd be starting, now who knows

Reply #896202 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Humphries and Hukporti will play approx 25 mins per game each I reckon. That means there'll be times with both playing together, but Vickerman was heading in that direction this season with JLA and Ariel anyway.

Reply #896203 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm with Zodiac, Vickerman has got more relaxed as he’s got older but his fuse can still explode. Humphries starts playing soft it’ll blow. Could be exactly what Humphries needs to take the next step or as Zodiac says, pass the popcorn.

Reply #896204 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Just double team him when he has the ball and then he shits himself. His offensive move these days is a shoulder charge. Last season his elevation was gone and I doubt it has improved.

Teams will target him by making him defend the PnR as he struggles with that.

His only hope is if can improve his game to consistently knock down a 3.

Enjoy Melbourne

Reply #896205 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"with another big name still to come"

I feel like that's more hopeful than it is based on any info

Reply #896214 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah agree Master Chief was being a tad precious

Reply #896219 | Report this post

NP  
Two years ago

Adelaide clearly had an offer on the table, that they thought was enough to keep Humphries. Melbourne have just saved money on White and potentially Delly, so could up the offer to Humphries.
I think Adelaide has 1 gun signing up their sleeve.

Reply #896226 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Two years ago

Have always wanted to see Isaac do great ever since he joined, and once again I find myself hoping that he can stay healthy and live up to the potential, even if it IS for United...

Reply #896302 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I'm also hearing Melbourne may sign Matt Mobley who last played for Zaragoza in the Liga ACB.

Plays as a point guard/shooting guard.

Reply #896393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754