Anonymous
Years ago

18 div 2 girls

what are your thoughts on the 18 div 2 girls? should woodville go down and have a chance at winning some games? or should they stay in div 1 where they'll face tough competition? who's your tip to win?

Topic #5029 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should stay in DIV 1 whuch teams do u reckon will make top four

Reply #57854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon north maybe, im from eagles... we have won 2 and lost one... im not saying we'll make top 4 coz i dont think we will but i havent seen many of the other teams play so yeah we'll just have to wait and see i spose

Reply #57888 | Report this post

go fellas  
Years ago

woodville should keep their u18 girls in div 1 - it is depth that they need help

6 players is a big ask - albeit most of them haqve always been div 1 girls

perhaps lynne should seriously chase some div 2s from elsewhere to stock up

some of those that chose western magic - missed a perfect chance to play div 1 with good coaching

div 2 would not help 4-5 of those girls' game at all

they should stay in div 1 and accept the fact that it will be cellar dwellers - but relax, enjoy and play hard!

Reply #57925 | Report this post

go fellas  
Years ago

u18 div 1s - top 4 u ask?

west
north
norwood
sturt

Reply #57926 | Report this post

go fellas  
Years ago

woodville need those girls to move up for ABL

Reply #57927 | Report this post

shoota  
Years ago

im from forestville aswell and we have a pretty strong team. we only lost by 10 to north and the umpire had it WAY in for us..not that im using that as an excuse but you know how umpires are. very bad! what other teams our contending in this competition?

Reply #58303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think that both west div 1 and 2 teams will have a great chance at winning, they both have talent. the div 2 girls will be hard 2 beat, they're a real team, there isn't any stars which is good 2 c. i havent seen many other teams but north will be pretty good 2, its hard to say so early on.

Reply #58725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was speaking to some caoaches and i found out that in under 16s (first year) the woodville girls lost to north by like 90 points. They just played eachother and the difference was about 40. Dont forget half norths team r state players and woodville is missing a crucial player (post). Woodvill has improved an awful lot and should be credited. They are a division one side. GO GIRLS!

Reply #59542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who does sturt have do they hav any1 good or r they just average do they still hav the young marino? I haven't seen her out there

Reply #59921 | Report this post

basketballer  
Years ago

West div 2 will dominate, sorry to say it, but they are a champion team. Look out!! Watch for rebecca mcleod and jennifer drake to dominate proceedings this season and push for selection in the div 1 team. They will be very hard to beat this season.

Reply #60663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what are so good about those 2? i dont think i remember them.

Reply #60665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its looking good 4 both west div 1 and 2s for the grand but there will be some teams out there that will be a threat to west in both grades. i wouldnt say they are unbeatable teams but they are both good enough to make grand final. both teams have outstanding players. div 1... alice, kirsten, amy, and zoe. div 2 .... cassie, elle, stacey, alana. just to name a few. who agrees?

Reply #67446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is kirsten?

Reply #67454 | Report this post

ham and cheese  
Years ago

North div 1 certainly have a very strong team, as they seem to every year! lauren mansfield, jess keller, jodie busbridge, laura rule and jamie peris a very strong top age group group, along with kirsty willaims, ashley brewer, shannon mckay and jess hansberry presents a very deep group with probably the top chance for the title.

However, west who may not have the same team depth team is certainly the next contender here. As mentioned alice gee, amy porter, zoe graham and kirsten sterry form the basis of this team along with first year rebecca riggs. No carlee patterson coaching i believe which may or may not make a difference in the long run.

Reply #67455 | Report this post

ham and cheese  
Years ago

north for the title in a tough GF battle with west

Reply #67456 | Report this post

Ghetto  
Years ago

I agree with ur comment on north and west but also another young player is ashlee from west. what bout the div twos. I think that north have a fairly good team but i think that west may come on top in the 2s. It will be tough for them but i think west may take it out for the season.

Reply #67536 | Report this post

itsacaseof  
Years ago

does anybody know the outcome from centrals v sturt the game was played before xmas?

Reply #69092 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

look on sporting pulse

Reply #69205 | Report this post

itsacaseof  
Years ago

vc fan if you looked at sporting pulse you will notice the results for the game i asked about are missing

Reply #69270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree, but the north and west teams in div 1 and 2 will be hard to beat so it will definately be a north v. west gf in both. west will win both. the div 2 west girls may not have big names but they have heart and passion and that's not seen often enough anymore.

Reply #69785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

young marino, was in Sturt just because of her sister, other players er much better than her,lots of good smalls around

Reply #70725 | Report this post

southiegurl  
Years ago

sturts underrated, theyve had some bad games in the middle of the season but the last few weeks theyve apparently been awesome. we lost to them by about 30 last friday. alex lagonik stepped up and played awesome. shes in hella form. watch out for hannah paul and egle (i wont even attempt her last name) they are awesome too! they have a decent big who has improved heaps and some fast guards. they play north on friday and i think theyll beat them again. good luck girls!

Reply #71567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754