Zodiac
Two years ago

Isaac White signs with JackJumpers

A bit surprised by this Isaac White has signed with the JJ's as a temporary injury replacement for Clint Steindl.

https://nbl.com.au/news/jackjumpers-find-white-fit

Last I heard Steindl was only expected to miss the first month of the season, surely there were better options for White out there?

Topic #50320 | Report this topic

Scout  
Two years ago

Do people think this is a good get for the JJs?

Reply #896897 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Strikes me as exactly the kind of guy that will seamlessly blend into that system

Reply #896898 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Will be interesting to see if he plays behind or ahead of Weeks, he's a better player than him IMO.

Reply #896901 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Rims are tight in Tassie, will be interesting to see his 3pt numbers in nbl23.

I wish all the rims were like Wollongong's. They have the best rims for 3pt shooting.

Reply #896903 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What venue do we all have down as having the tightest rims in NBL history?

My vote goes to State Sports Centre where the Razorbacks played out of. Those were nasty.

Reply #896924 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

A little surprised. He's been playing very well in NBL1 North, but much shorter and won’t get the shots off that Steindl could. Maybe Roth thinks he won’t need to use him that much.

More concerning to me is that I just read a Roth quote that says he doesn’t think Magnay will be ready to go for start of season due to ongoing knee problems. Wow. Like will we legit ever see him again.

Reply #896933 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

All the rims seem real tight compared to the NBA. Anyone know if there is a FIBA regulation?

Reply #896943 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Worst rims I recall where somewhere in NZ, every shot made a loud clunk when it hit any part of the rim and the game was ugly as fuck... for some reason im thinking of Bullets playing there.

I feel for White as he seems definitely good enough for the league and i hope he remains in a Jackjumpers playing uniform all season.

Reply #896944 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Will be interesting to see if he plays behind or ahead of Weeks, he's a better player than him IMO"

White will be playing a different role. Macdonald is the one that could move ahead of Weeks, but Jarrad earned a lot of trust last season with how solid he was.

Reply #896946 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JJ's now after another injury replacement - this time for Will Magnay. Most of the list will be injury replacements!

Looking for a big, any suggestions?

https://twitter.com/brentcostelloe/status/1555012635909066752

Reply #896964 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

When the JJ's gave an injured Magnay a new two year deal I assumed they knew what they were doing, now still two months out from the start of the season they're looking for an injury replacement for him? That's not good.

Reply #896965 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

JJs need only 2 signings to be a good chance of playing in the final again. The issue is that those 2 signings must include a (Thon Maker, Dante Exum, Jack White, Brock Motum) type Australian Marquee player and a very promising 3 and D Next Star. Isaac White is a good player but does not move the needle. Are the JJs still serious with their recruiting or are they just sitting tight with a smile of satisfaction on their faces?

Reply #897006 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

2 signings? The JJ's roster is complete. White has only been signed as a temp injury replacement for Steindl.

Reply #897010 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

@Zodiac Exactly. While JJs think their roster is complete if they are not looking to improve it they are lost.

Reply #897016 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It's amazing, one year ago I thought as well as lot others the JJs were shit, certainly proved that wrong. Can they pull of a staggering performance again, like my opinion last year I doubt it, probably get my opinion shoved down my throat again.

Reply #897024 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

What big men are available to replace will mahogany?

Reply #897027 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Hodgson, Maker or Risseto available, along with some others ie C Bairstow etc

Reply #897064 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Good to see Hodgson's name thrown in there.
Hodgson played with Magnay for Bullets and Magnay has never looked better. We all acknowledge how important team chemistry can be but ignoe it when we talk selections.
Look at Patterson, Hogson and Law as examples. Both were super stars at Bris and both fell apart elsewhere (two of them at Perth, coincidently). Patto returned and did well again at Bullets. Law is gone.
If Hodgson was injury replacement for Magnay and played well enough to keep, he and Magnay would be reunited with Magnay at the 4, his natural position.
JJ's don't seem to chase super stars and even though Hodge is no super star he and Magnay could be a great fit.
If Hodgson isn't worth keeping, he can be replaced when Magnay returns.
I reckon Hodgson is worth serious consideration.
Story is that Hodgson is looking for big bucks o/s, but not getting it, it seems. So why not?

Reply #897077 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Was hoping Anzac Rissetto might have been a DP option.

Reply #897080 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Look at Patterson, Hogson and Law as examples. Both were super stars at Bris and both fell apart elsewhere (two of them at Perth, coincidently)"

Vic Law averaged 20.3ppg at 48% and 8.2rpg in Perth and was unstoppable at times, while deferring to Cotton at others. If that's falling apart, I'd hate to play against him when he's together!

Reply #897081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754