Isaac
Two years ago

The Current Durant Saga

The NBA never fails to deliver a story of the moment. In recent Durant developments, if anything reported is remotely true, Durant has pushed for a trade, saying it's him or Nash/Marks. Owner Tsai indicated he was backing the coach and GM.

Tsai must be just about ready to throttle all of them - imagine copping the Durant, Harden, Kyrie and Simmons stories all at one club within about a year.

Durant was keen on the Suns, then post-Ayton situation, is liking the Celtics or the 76ers. Clearly wants to cakewalk next season. Doesn't seem to fancy his ability to pull a team together around himself.

It's odd because I always got the impression that, of the elite players, he was the one with an almost singular basketball focus, yet he's doing a great job of complicating things off-court.

How will it play out from here?

Topic #50353 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Two years ago

I hope Brad Stevens lets him nowhere near my Celtics! Hopefully he was paying attention when Danny brought Kyrie to Boston and has worked out that selfish stars who think they are bigger than the league are team killers!

Reply #897485 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

4 years on his contract, if I'm the Nets I have him play next season alongside Kyrie and Ben to see what the 3 of them can do together. Though also read that the Lakers are willing to give the Nets the first round picks they wanted in a trade so who knows now if Kyrie will stick around.

KD has tarnished his career, but he doesn't seem to be the type who cares.

Reply #897486 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

I hope Brad Stevens lets him nowhere near my Celtics! Hopefully he was paying attention when Danny brought Kyrie to Boston and has worked out that selfish stars who think they are bigger than the league are team killers!

Years ago I would have given anything for him to come to the Celtics.

But I have lost a bit of respect for him if he did indeed say sack Sean and Steve or trade me.

I can handle private trade demands.

I dislike public trade demands especially only to nominated spots.

I was dead against offering Jaylen Brown for Durant, now I'd still have to think twice if Nets wanted Gallinari for Durant.

Reply #897487 | Report this post

Esky68  
Two years ago

hes cringe

nba is full of cringe

Reply #897488 | Report this post

twenty four  
Two years ago

Somehow, on a team that has Kyrie and Simmons on it, KD is the least likeable. Desperately wants to be seen as a tough guy, yet goes out of his way to make sure that nobody can possibly view him as that.

Probably goes back to his crying about his mum when he won the MVP getting turned into a meme or something...

Reply #897491 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

It was insane what the Celtics were offering and Brooklyn still didn't take it

That suggests they'll drive a hard bargain and struggle to find what they're after.

What a shytestorm of a situation with Simmons and Durant, two absolute prima donnas, and Kyrie who put his aversion to vaccines ahead of his club's championship push. Not a team first player amongst them. Thankfully they have Patty otherwise the entire stadium would implode in a fireball of narcissism

Reply #897492 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

hes cringe

nba is full of cringe

This.

Reply #897495 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Only good thing about Kyrie was having Delly cover his arse when Kyrie blew a heart string with Cleveland.

Reply #897496 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Tsai must be just about ready to throttle all of them - imagine copping the Durant, Harden, Kyrie and Simmons stories all at one club within about a year.
They traded for Simmons and Harden after it was clear they were going to cause issues, didn't they?

Reply #897497 | Report this post

Toddy  
Two years ago

LOL I'm off this bloke. Don't rate his attitude one bit.

Reply #897505 | Report this post

Esky68  
Two years ago

Always thought it was an oldhead thing to call the current generation soft

I now understand why

Reply #897532 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Harden and Durant reunion? Third time is the charm. Harden was the first to see the hot the Nets were and Durant came to the same realisation

Reply #897533 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Hot mess

Reply #897534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754