"Subject: URGENT RE FRIDAY JUNIOR GAMES

Good Morning

Yesterday an email was sent indicating an intention to reschedule Round 4
Friday night games
to Saturday night. This was done in an effort to promote the Adelaide
Fellas' game on the Friday
night. Feedback has indicated that the affect of this change would be
detrimental to the Junior
competition, particularly given the short noticification.

Thus that decision has been recinded and games will take place on Friday
night in accordance
with the original schedule.That schedule is reprinted below.

On behalf of the Association, I apologise for any inconvenience created.
Please assist where you
can to promote the Adelaide Fellas' games.

Colin Thompson"

E-mail i received -
I hope this clears up any confusion.

Topic #5042 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know if you thought the initial decision and timing of the proposed timing change was good or bad but I would like to congratulate BASA in this instance in listening to the concerns over the change and be "big" enough to reverse their decision. A lot of people once they have made a decision are uncomfortable in acknowledging that the decision may have been flawed and not have the guts to publicly go out and reverse it. Well done.

Reply #57997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like they had any other choice with the flak they received from the clubs!

Reply #58010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give it up. Credit where credit is due. BASA have listened to the people and acted. Good on them.

Reply #58069 | Report this post

eagle  
Years ago

Good idea but unfortunately this stuffed many people around, parents, kids who swapped their shifts etc. too short notice!

Reply #58085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have the decision been changed if it was the sixers?
Would BASA have listerned to the people then. We know who rules Basketball?

Reply #58087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing is......the program for NBL & WNBL is out ages before BASA even realise that they have to prepare another shcedule. So why is it so hard for them to get it right??!!!

Reply #58101 | Report this post

Pioneer  
Years ago

not defending anyone, BUT, when the program came out, Lauren Jackson was in the Canberra team. She gets inujured and they bring in this wnba star. BASA tries to get a bit of excitment going about her, BUT, goes about it the wrong way.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Reply #58113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its pretty simple, Swap games to Sat night and two clubs were forfeiting all their games.

Reply #58147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#58087 is another idiot trying to make men feel guilty for making the right decision.

Basa could have programmed the games for Saturday night from day one and it would have not been a problem. Simply way too short notice.

As for 36ers matches, if they did program junior games for the same night as 36ers I know for sure at least two of my teams in my division would forfeit because everyone is at the game, unlike woman's basketball.

Build up the crowds at the game then ask for junior games to be moved. Don't move junior games to Saturday night so we can all sit home and not watch the women while also missing out on playing/coaching Saturday.

Reply #58161 | Report this post

eagle  
Years ago

Still totally confused. Just checked Sporting pulse and my daughters game is scheduled for Friday, should be Saturday!!

Reply #58234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I am saying it was fine in the early days of the "PowerHouse'with the 36er to move Junior Games at short notice, why can't we as juniors support the Fellas after all the Girls do support the Juniors when the Sixers are found wanting. If the Club were going to Forfeit their games let them - look at the Money BASA would make with Fines. Maybe some clubs are geting TOO BIG for their boots. Should we not support one another for the GOOD of the sport.

Reply #58274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - are you suggesting that Woodville are getting TOO BIG for their boots??

I'm not a Warrior, and I have no idea if they are one of the rumoured clubs that would forfeit all their games.
But I DO know (mainly via this site) that they have gone to a HUGE amount of work to celebrate their (is it?) 25th anniversary which I believe is Saturday night. Are you suggesting they should cancel this huge birthday for the club because 2 or 3 extra people might want to go to the Lightning game? And pretty much forfeit all the hard work their volunteers have put in? Not to mention anyone who is flying in from interstate/driving in from the country!! Perhaps YOU should find out WHY clubs were planning on forfeiting thier games before labelling them!!

Good luck Saturday Green Trainers, hope it's a good night!

Reply #58298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754