wak
Years ago

Lith vs Aust - just finished!

And what a way to end the minor round - Bogut misses a dunk!

On better note, Cat actually got on the court. Pity about his shooting though. Rillie also. And Rogers, still MIA. Saville had good game, to his credit.

Well, we play off for 9th/10th now against China or Serb... place your bets!

Topic #505 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

And how good did Australia look with Maher at PG????????

Goorjian, you idiot! If you did that 3 games ago, we would still be in it!

Reply #4226 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Correct...Shane looks to have pulled a heart muscle again...poor little boy...just as well BG can look after him

Reply #4230 | Report this post

block party!  
Years ago

goojian is an absolute loser what does he have against sa people they are both better than all the players that were gettin court time. i think it is time the job went to someone else he has reunied australia basketball. my guess is australia will beat whateva team they play aslong as brett maher gets on and c.j. dosent!

Reply #4231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BG is american. he aint gona help aussies, he is here to screw us, it all makes sense.

Reply #4235 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Great comeback considering the second quarter. Good to see Saville knocking down some jump shots too, well done mate.

Reply #4263 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Goorjian is Australian, he became a citizen several years ago.

I have spoken to him many times in my media roles, and actually find him to be one of the nicest guys in basketball.

Unfortunately, I just dont think he had his head screwed on correctly with his decisions made during the Olympics.

Reply #4381 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I was only listening to it on ABC radio, but it sounded like Shane Heal was not used all that much, is that right?

Reply #4382 | Report this post

SK  
Years ago

If you ask me I think the problems with the Aussie started two olympics ago, we have run the same 3-5 high scorers for the last ten years, and the bench has been a variety of good NBL players that only got a few minutes per game. Now with Bradtke, Gaze, Ronaldson out (Ronaldson still there but of no use) we had no young players with extensive international experience. Maher late in his career is only now getting court time. If you want to blame someone go all the way back to Barnes. Just look at the side we had in the 2000 olympics and the easy run we should have had and we only finished fourth.

Reply #4409 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I was saying the same thing there SK.

Time to break the mould and run the TEAM as a TEAM!

Reply #4429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754