golden greek
Years ago

who will win the medals?

ok so far there have been a number of upsets and close games. Team USA obv being the biggest disapointment wif 2-2 record atm. as i see it there are a number of countries who are up for a medal. Of course USA, Lithuania who r both the top prospects for the gold medal. but also argentina, puerto rico, and spain who have put up promising efforts thus far. However, lets not rule out the mighty greeks. Disregarding their loss to lithuania they r a strong team who beat australia, destroyed angola, and had a close call with USA. Plus lets not forget the games r being held in athens so the home crowd should help them along the way.

Topic #508 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Its hard to go past Puerto Rico, Lithuania and USA (yes, USA!). What disappoints me is how close we came to beating all three of these sides!

Reply #4384 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

NZ were unlucky - what was it, all their losses under 10 pts? Top effort from a side everyone had written off.

Reply #4394 | Report this post

GG  
Years ago

the top 8 has now been decided and one team who was expected to make it and didnt was Yugoslavia. This is where it gets interesting with the quarter finals about to begin. Lithuania will pump china and puerto rico vs italy will be a close one but neither being top contendors. Greece vs argentina will be a good game as both r relatively strong teams and both have a chance at a medal. However the game to watch is of course USA vs Spain. Never rule out the US, and with spain going 5-0 this will be an awesome game. My predictions for semis....lithuania vs puerto rico, spain vs greece

Reply #4428 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

All that matters to me is that Lithuania and Argentina do well. If they play off for Gold its gravy for Raab... centrebet bling.

Reply #4532 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i still think that usa will get gold for b ball

Reply #4899 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I had thought Spain on Pau's back for the gold, but he couldn't carry them over the US. I still think the US can do it, depends on their SF matchup though. LIthuania looking good for another tilt at the gold.

Reply #4916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754