Isaac
Years ago

Funny Forum changes

As of tonight, the Recent Posts column will be filled by replies made within the category you're viewing. This way, you can see the latest action in your preferred categories without them getting mixed in with others. So if you're in the Sixers category, the recent posts column will be the latest replies to Sixers topics.

For School-related threads, head to the School category as those topics (once moved) won't show up in the front index. It's all basketball, but some of those topics/posters are proving an annoyance to others, so this was probably the best course of action. For those interested only in the School-related threads, you can easily bookmark that category's index. In addition, any ego-romps about how big a block you got on your little brother will be put in that category too.

The main index will feature the latest topics from the other categories, and the main Recent Posts column will be the latest replies from within the non-School categories.

If you have further suggestions, please reply to this thread or drop me an email.

Topic #510 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Isaac,

May I make a suggestion?

I think it would be a good idea to create some system where you should have to log on with a user name and password to post on this forum. Reading only without logging on would be okay but making people log on would avoid all these people who are "anonymous" causing trouble. What do you think?

Reply #4760 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

We did have registered useased posting to start with MW, but Isaac, in consultation with mods on the board decided that it wasn't really warranted, as at the time everything was quite tame and running smoothly.

I think with the enw changes that have been made, the schoolies can go and have their threads....and whilst I'll have to look occasionally to ensure it isnt getting out of hand, there is no oneed ror anyone who doesnt wantt o deal with their ytrash talking even needing to go to that section.

I think the forum is running really well now...what do other people think?

Reply #4777 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #4779 | Report this post

Mr. Assist  
Years ago

good to be able to read and be read freely - keep up the good work.

Reply #4780 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I will look at creating advantages for registered users. Maybe the option of ignoring anyone posting anonymously or unregistered too.

Most of the junk is getting posted in the School forum and I figure that unless you specifically head over there you can easily avoid it. It's trivial for someone to register with a fake Hotmail account and muck around anyway, so that's no guarantee of ensuring quality posts.

I'd prefer to skip forced registration as it limits participation (look at the Sixers forum of now, and of 2001 -- very limited posting), but there are other things we can try to limit bland posts or allow others to ignore it easily.

If there are specific posts you have a problem with, email me and I'll look at removing them. I've already blocked about 4 users in the last day or so for petty sniping on the School forum.

Reply #4791 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

No worries, keep up the good work Isaac!

Reply #4792 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

thats cool. i think it will improf the forum

Reply #4882 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

Nice work Isaac. The Reads info is another nice addition.

Reply #4892 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Showtime -- added it within a minute (literally) of seeing you mention it over at the Sixers site. It's been in place for a couple of weeks so that I could have the Popular list (based on reads rather than replies), but was shown only to moderators. Any other suggestions, let me know.

Reply #4900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754