The truth
Years ago

Starbury to be Traded ??

It has been reported that new yorks favourite son is on the trading block ... Names that have been thrown up as possible trades are.. Wally from the Twolves J willams and Walker from miami or Jalen Rose from toronto none of these trades would really benefit the Knicks Is there really a Need to make a drastic change 4 games into the Season ??

Topic #5118 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Either make the trade early so if it turns out to be ugly there is time to trade again or what for the last minute :-)

Reply #58699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know alot abput gossip and nba rumors. This is not true, i know alot about NBA and there was abit of info but the knicks said they won't. No matter what. However there WAS an inkling it was going to happen. Not now.

Reply #58702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Knicks arn't going to trade Marbury, they don't want to and there wouldn't be many takers as he does have a very large contract. As reported it was just a New York Post writer looking for a story. Everyone had way to high expectations of the Knicks, they are a fringe playoff team at best. Things are bad at the moment, but i think they'll have made a big improvement by the end of the season.

Reply #58708 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wouldn't believe anything out of Isiah's mouth. Marbury is the only player that would hold any interest to other teams bar the rookies and Ariza. There are glowing reports for the rooks and Ariza is highly rated inside the organisation. Every other player on the roster has a sh*t contract. Who wants Jerome James for $5 mill for the next 5???

Too early for a blockbuster trade, but maybe come All-Star game Marbury is at a new home. I think the guy is a team wrecker and wouldn't want him in my locker room.

Reply #58728 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

al harrington and a filler for marbury? what do you rekon.childress needs to be moved on to i think.

Reply #58732 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Very easily give up Childress and Harrington, but it doesn't exactly fit in with the Hawks youth movement. I'd guess the positive is that marbury can't make the team worse (like every other team he has joined). He'd get his stats, push JJ to the SG and Josh and Marvin can flip between the SF and PF possies.

Reply #58737 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

How old is starbury now?

Reply #58757 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

28 I think.

Reply #58760 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

you cant re build for ever so why couldnt we pick up marbury.

Reply #58830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754