kb
Years ago

Last night's Summer Pick-Up / Wayville 6-8PM

what it is ballers? as you are undoubtedly aware of, opening night on the 6th didn't go so well. zane and i were the only two there. however, last night at wayville was officially our opening night. there were four abl players, another baller who rocked up and myself. all the players signed waivers, which simply protects the wayville sports center, their affiliates and myself from any liability if someone unfortunately was to injure themselves. it's totally necessary and not an inconvenience whatsoever. afterwhich, we hooped it up for the next 90 minutes, (the other 30 minutes were for my frequent oxygen breaks). we played 14 games of 3 on 3 to 7 (by ones), the last game went to 11. zane reeves was in the zone all night, and the australian version of sean kemp (based on talent only) was jumping a little too high for me. they were killing us.....but, we pulled it together (they got tired) and managed to bring it even by the end. it was a good work-out and good competition along with some shaking & baking and a few thundering alley-oops, (none by me). the players said that, "they'll be back next sunday", as will i and we'll continue to build on our numbers, our fitness and our games. POWER TO THE PICK-UP!!!

Topic #5128 | Report this topic

steveP  
Years ago

WORD TO THAT KB ENJOYED IT ALOT,ITS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO PRACTICE AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE YOURSELF.ILL BE A REGULAR ATTENDEE I RECKON,ILL TRY AND STOP THOSE THREES NEXT WEEK..FOR THE REMATCH!!!!!
P.S I THINK IM MORE OF A VINCE CARTER THAN HAS BEEN KEMP.....

Reply #58771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good report KB.. i had a great time and its nice to be on the court with you and that jumpshot - next time i'll make sure a few more of mine are dropping! zane has my vote for my opening night mvp honours - well played mate, you were too good for me on a number of occasions. hope i got some back. mind you KB stole the show at the end. wayno i had nightmares about your mid range last night and stevie, thank christ u missed that dunk on my head (and you too zane)! matty found his range late on which was sweet, but who can forget that 'i got it shake and bake forget about the defence going baseline under the hoop throw down on your head' to finish off the night's play... too nice KB. See ya'll next week

Reply #58797 | Report this post

Tar Heel  
Years ago

So who were the players that went?? Zane, steve p? Pilkington?? Matty???

Reply #58839 | Report this post

eagle  
Years ago

Sorry kb you are putting people off by stating" NBL/ABL" standard players only. There are many around who are probably as good but wont go cos they think they are not good enough.

Reply #58849 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Eagle,

What's stopping you from starting the same concept with non NBL/ABL level players?

Over the summer break pick-up games should be run once a week from BASA for div 2/3/4 players etc if there is demand for it.

Reply #58884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tar heel, it was zane, stevie P, wayne hayden from fville and aaron lockyer from south, along with an unknown baller and KB. was great competition at a high level of balling. rematch is sunday!

Reply #58917 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo eagle, i stated many times that yes, former nbl, former & current abl players only. HOWEVER, i also remember saying that players of that caliber are welcomed as well. therefore, i didn't mean to put you off. high caliber players are welcomed to come out and hoop it up, even 17 and 18 year olds. only thing, you must have a parent sign a waiver on your behalf because you're not legally old enough to do so. in conclusion, if you got game, we'll recognize. see ya sunday. POWER TO THE PICK-UP!!!

Reply #58977 | Report this post

panthers22  
Years ago

hey and the only way to find out (for us and you) whether you do have the requisite game is to get your ass out there and give it a go. you'll soon see your shot get sent onto court 3 if you're not good enough or have your teammates cussing you for your crap D. just come on out and play

Reply #58982 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754