ifeelsore
Years ago

Negative attitude to womens basketball

A few times I have read posts which have had extremely negative and undermining comments regarding womens basketball. I'm sure women and men alike would find this very offensive. Many of the best games I have ever seen involve females. Yes...women are generally not as fast, tall, powerful etc etc.....even more reason for scoring to be more skillful!

PS Anon: very interesting that you have comments about womens basketball such as "who cares...its boring", along with other negative comments, but you have also actually started topics involving women????????

Topic #5135 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You make a fair point, and in most cases I delete needless bagging of the sport (if you find it boring, don't watch it or comment on the threads).

Just wanted to point out that anonymous or anon could be any number of people so it's unlikely that it's the same person claiming the sport is boring and starting topics about it.

Reply #58846 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Thanks for that Isaac. I assumed that a name could only be utilised once. I thought it was a little strange that someone would do that...but then again some people just like to stir!

Reply #58847 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If anyone finds women's basketball boring, then you didn't see last Friday's game between the Fellas and Canberra Capitals. It was one of the best displays of women's basketball I have ever seen. The fast pace of the game and excitement was electrifying. It was right up their with any of the men's games I have seen.

Reply #58868 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I saw some college highlights tonight and i tell u waht some of those girls can shoot. I cant see how people can say that womens basketball is boring and then go out and watch 10 yr olds play and find it riveting. Incase anyone hadnt noticed Australia is better at womens basketball than mens basketball, so pay some respect.

Reply #58876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have often heard that the women's game is the 'pure' (for lack of a better word) game. As women don't have the athleticism that the men have, they rely on a game which is more thought out and often more structured than their male counterparts. This is not to say that the men don't do these things, just that the women's game relies on them a great deal more.
Those people who really do understand basketball will more often appreciate the women's game as they are able to recognise various strategic elements within it.
The Fella's game on Friday night was a fantastic testament to women's basketball. It had everything, the crowd at times were literally on their feet as the Alana Beard spun her magic, as the game went into overtime, and then double overtime, as Erin hit amazing shot after shot.
In Australia we forget how lucky we are. Our women's basketball here is arguably second best in the world behind the USA, and that is probably due to depth caused by population differences of the two countries. We have amazing athletes (yes, on Erin Phillips bio, her profession is listed as an athlete.) Who can and do match it with the best in the world. Watching our Aussie girls play ball is something we shouldn't take for granted!!

Reply #58883 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

Crap!

It's boring. Watching them get shown a play, then complete the play perfectly, only to have them shoot the ball into the bottom of the ring time and time again.

Operation successful but the patient is dead from frustration!

Thats why girls play netball.

Reply #58941 | Report this post

egalitarian  
Years ago

Ed

you are a tool.

When was the last time you saw the girls play or watched a game of net ball. Netball is boring and is all about the umpires not the game.

I suspect that you are one of these macho blokes that acts tough but is afraid of females and does not have the ability to keep a girl friend. You probably find girls too boring and would prefer to hang out with your mates. The Fellas/ Lightning dont need you nor would they want you to be a fan coz u mate are boring.

Reply #58946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Ed suffers from little man syndrome

Reply #58950 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

No way...I have a girlfriend and she agrees with me. I have seen too many games of girls basketball which is why I know I am right and I can tell you that the silent majority agree with me.

I imagine the vast majority replying here probably bat for the other team making the Fellas an appropriate name....

Reply #58952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ed apart from being a jerk

i find your comments offensive to say the least

why bring sexuality or personality into it is a discussion on basketball and from what i've read of your posts in this and other threads you have yet to remove your foot from your mouth - typing must be difficult

but then that might just explain the crap you have typed.

Reply #58963 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Ed......It's people like you who compelled me to write on this topic in the first place. Irrespective of what you think you obviously have no appreciation of basketball in general. Any true, passionate lover of the game would do everything to promote it and appreciate it for what it is. I'd love to know your opinion on what makes a good basketball game....taking out the biological aspects that female versus male can not possibly compete with (such as sheer build, speed. Then again, I'm sure that there is quite a few women that would give a heap a men something to compete with!

Reply #59033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, womens basketball lol thats a good one XD

Reply #247082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, to me mens basketball is extremely more entertaining to watch then womens because of so many aspects, for afew examples when watching mens basketball your watching the best of the best, I mean lets face it an average man is generally stronger then a bodybuilder women, its genetics, and to the casual fan, SLAM DUNKS FTW, to an experienced watcher its just another 2 points and fundamentals are more important but men do these better by going faster and driving harder. also what I asked one of my friends (Coach of College league team) in mens basketball it is more intense, men will just really get into the game and go in with serious injuries which is why WNBA will never be a truly respected league by more then 15% of audiences.

Reply #247083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ya women's basketball is pretty interesting i like to watch it when nothing is on the paint drying channel

Reply #255361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 361. There are penis enlargers available for tiny wee men like you, look into it.

Reply #255378 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I would have liked to have seen Cayla Francis -
26points 17 rebounds etc in only 25mins on friday and 19points,10rebounds etc in only 21mins today.

Reply #255379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754