Isaac
Years ago

Bullets to cut Copeland, Egan?

A rumour currently out and about is that the Brisbane Bullets may cut Copeland and Egan to make way for an incoming import.

Neither player travelled to Singapore for the game against Perth, though it's unsure if they were injured or not.

Will be interesting to see if it happens or not!

Topic #5145 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland injured his shoulder and was at the Melbourne game on Saturday for the tribute to the Gazes.

Reply #58895 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Would they have to pay out copes' contract? Hardly worth it plus hed be a good locker room bloke to have around

Reply #58909 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

If there is any truth to this rumour what do others think about the 36ers trying to pick up Egan?

Wouldn't have to pay him as still under Brisbane contract and he is a proven rebounder/inside defender which is what we need off the bench a la Garrison in 2002.

Last year I recall he killed us on the boards in a couple of our games v. Brisbane.

We definitely have the points space and while Hambour would drop to 11th man, Smyth does not give him many minutes in any event.

Reply #58921 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would still take Copeland ahead of Egan for this years team.

Taller guard who can defend on the perimeter, plus is a threat offensively as well

a good replacement for Nashy if he is out for a long period.

Reply #58922 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

From whispers I have heard up here it may not just be players who are in the firing line......

Reply #58924 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

jvg?

if they cut joey, jvg's job must be in danger 'cos he wanted him & backed him to the hilt.

Reply #58926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not happening, they will keep both players, and coach...

i know it and everyone is fine at the Bullets maybe at the end of the season joey could be dumped though

Reply #58996 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754