Anonymous
Years ago

FREE TO AIR

BRING BACK FTA!!!

GET RID OF FOXTEL!
EVIL FOXTEL!

I HAVE FOXTEL BUT ANYWAY...

NBL ON FREE TO AIR WOULD BE GREAT!

ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE FROM A FTA STATION? IF SO TELL THEM TO HELP GET NBL ON FTA!

NBL FANS AGAINST FOX!
WE WANT MORE 36ERS GAMES!!!!!

Topic #5168 | Report this topic

Simon K  
Years ago

It's just that simple, click your finger and say "Give us NBL on Free to air TV" have a high costing product with a low rating percentage on a FTA network. Gee what idiot who works for a commercial network missed this boat.

Evil foxtel? If fox sports didn't cover the NBL; it would not be on TV at all. What media coverage there is, it's because of fox sports.

NBL set up is to expensive for channel 2, and 7, 9 and 10 believed that the return and potential revenue from sponsorship will not be a viable or commercial decision.

Reply #59193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel seems to just put on Bullets and Kings games. Ver rarley Sixers. Yes there is about 5 games shown this month but Adelaide deserve it after being top of the ladder and winning good close games. High ratings...

They should show all SKY broadcasted games and more games by putting on Heal and Gaze even if they are biased.

More games the better. More Sixers games the better, preferably away.

Reply #59309 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

i think the overall product of the nbl needs to marketed better for fta to pick it up, and biasness towards sydney is not the answer, should show all major matches especially i reckon concerntrating on qld matches, eg, cairns v crocs or bullets etc.. and games like adel v melb tradtional rivals etc... cause im pretty sure fta is not gonna come out of sydney it will come out of national exposure not state exposure, i know thats what most potential companys, stations would look out how they could get recognition australia wide,

NBL is favouring towards sydney to much in that aspect yes they have won 3 in a road but who really wants to see bs matches like sydney v nz i reckon less ppl would have watched it on tv then turned up to the match

Look at next round (if these games a on tv i stand corrected) Wildcats v Kings in Perth, would be good promotion, Crocodile v Bullets with the way BB is going in Qld and ideal way to get sponsors names out in state derby then on sunday when theres no tv matches Hawks v Taipans should be a cracker and worth watching

They need to pick and choose there matches carefully not just bias towards reining champs, and yes i would be saying the same thing if it was adelaide as reigning champ playing a weak team as well

Reply #59375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754