Reply #59562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

105-106

SIXERS UP BY 1 POINT!!! MAHERSY AND HOMLMES HAS 20

Reply #59566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IF YOU LOOK AT THE SCORES AND COUNT UP WHAT THE NBL SAYS THE PLAYERS GOT ITS WRONG- TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS

Reply #59567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

105 ALL TIED UP!!! 35 SECONDS LEFT IN THE FINAL QUATER HUNTER HAS THE BALL

Reply #59568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HUNTER SINKS A THREE ...

HELMS HITS DA THREE, BAD NEWS...

HUNTER 108, SIXERS 107

Reply #59569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HUNTER HAS THE BALL

Reply #59571 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

hmmm NBL Scoreboard says sixers won 104 - 102

Reply #59572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who won?

Reply #59573 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

SIXERS BY 2 as far as Im concerned.

Holmes scored 20, 17 Boards and 5 Assists

Not Bad

Reply #59580 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, nbl says that Maher hit a duece with 14 seconds on the clock to give us a 2 point win 104-102.

Reply #59582 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I dont trust te NBL site, but Sportal has a fulltime result in favour of the Sixers by 2, C'MON that was a danger game, had to win and did!

Reply #59584 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Same with Crocs game - from beginning scores added up to be 5 more than 'score' showed.
I suspected it would be a player mistake as had Abney with alot of points to start with.

'Official' score sheet on NBL site shows Abney with 5 less than what 'live' score showed.

Could be same for Sixers!

Reply #59585 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Someone just called me from the stadium and said that the Pirates are still warming up as they believe Helms hit a bucket on the buzzer to tie the game.

Officials are trying to locate the sixers to get them back in the stradium to play the OT!!

Reply #59586 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I just added up what both team scored from the players scores and the both add up to 108 each

Reply #59587 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Noti Bagy, Dont say that! Please Dont let that be true!!!

Reply #59588 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

NBL site shows 'officially' that sixers 104 - pirates 102 - box scores up so get out that abacus

Reply #59591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IT WAS 104-102 SIXERS WAY

CAN THE NBL GET THE WHOLE THING RIGHT FOR ONCE?

OT? HELMS HITTING A JUMPER?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply #59592 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Noti... shouldn't mess with people minds like that on a sunday night.. that's enough to drive someone over the edge...

Reply #59593 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

There you go - Crocs live showed Abney on 41 but 'officially' got 36.
Farley live shows 17, 'officially' got 13.

Reply #59594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HELMES ACTUALLY HAD 24PTS NOT THE 28 THAT THEY PUT ON THE SCOREBOARD

HINDER GOT 20 INSTEAD OF THE LIVE SCOREBOARDS 22

THE SCOREBOARD SAID 13 FOR L.DAVIDSON AND 17 FOR CULLEN BUT THEY ACTUALLY GOT 15 PTS

B.DAVIDSON GOT 9 NOT THE 7 ON THE SCOREBOARD

SELWOOD GOT 6PTS NOT 3 AS STATED ON THE SCOREBOARD

EVERSTYN GOT 9 NOT 6 AS STATED ON THE SCOREBOARD

Reply #59596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THAT WAS JUST FOR HUNTER!

Reply #59597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley only got 13 not 17

Reply #59598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl has got alot of work to do. can someone do something about it? Nagi? Could you do something?

The NBL said at the start of the season they would have a new scoreboard, its bad but right now worse than ever. The sixers one was great last year, someone typing up what happens with something like, the3 crowd is deafening!, Farley Jam!!!, The clock would keep on going down rather than specific tmes when updated. You could really feel whats happening...

By the way Nagi, superb Around The NBL articles, no one is a better journalist than you.

By the way TR, it's Boti not noti.

Reply #59601 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

What's with the shouting? Is someone excited or what?

Reply #59602 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Anon

it is Noti that other guy that you praise is an imposter!

TR sorry thought it may be funny....great effort by the NBL, how hard can it be to get the scores right?

Reply #59605 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dude, Anonymous, Anon, blank, whatever you call yourself, I suggest you may want to hit the 'edit' button. The blokes handle is Noti Bagy.

Reply #59606 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Noti, it was funny, I was running around the house looking for sharp objects, I was even looking at a set of chop sticks in a funny way..

Reply #59607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am talking about the newspaper writer and yeah i obviously didn't pay much attention to actually reading his name right... sorry TR and Noti!

Reply #59608 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Simple solution.... the NBL needs every club to broadcast their games over the net and/or radio. They can't get FTA going, the only way to get the game to the public via 'non Fox' methods is f*&@ed (sorry Isaac) and isn't worth my broadband or the time to constantly refresh my screen. My finger is bruised from hitting F5 all damn afternoon, and then to be told the scores a screwed.... The NBL is run by a bunch of douche bags that couldn't organise a r&*t in a brothel (sorry again, Isaac, my weekly rant)..

Where are those damn chopsticks....

Reply #59609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the best contact medium for the NBL, does anyone have an email address??

We need to make sure the NBL knows of our disapproval everytime this happens.

Reply #59611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that was a very funny post but all too true,

what happened to INTERNET RIGHTS???

I saw about someone saying, i think it could of being you, not sure, about they use the same calculator for the live scoreboard and the Kings salary cap. Just add more...

The NBL is really------ -- basically what TC said

Reply #59612 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anonymous #59611 you can contact the NBL by clicking onto the Feedback section at the bottom of the home page. However, don't count on getting a reply. I'm still waiting after 3 weeks.

Reply #59617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have always emailed Marc Howard at the NBL and received a reply within a few days.

Reply #59620 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

The difference in the scores usually comes from an input error by stats people, which is then corrected. That corrects the Box Score, but there is a bit of a "glitch" in the NBL live scorebaord in that the correction does not take straight away. Alos there can occasionally be changes at Half Time or at the end of the game where Stats & Scorers have different numbers. Usually, this is when a "tip jame" is credited by one group or the other and the othe rgroup has the first shot as made.
The only way to correct the Live Scoreboard is to run a full refresh of the systme and this can only be done during breaks between quarters, because of the time involved. Sometimes this can't even be done then due to edits and number of Media reps who require Box Scores.
This is in fact an improvement on previous seasons, because we couldn't run a full update during the game previously.

Reply #59633 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

My suggestion would be to not have it at all if it does not work properly.

Better to have people wait til the end of the game to get correct figures than to not serve the customers correctly by giving them false numbers and hopes.

Can't imagine any other business' releasing something for clients to use if it does not work properly.

Reply #59634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Especially in the case of a close game when it comes to an apparent end and no one is sure if it's the final score, or still needs to be corrected, etc.

Reply #59636 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

i sent a feedback email yesterday after the game and got a reply today - so kudos to Kelly Jury, NBL Coordinations Manager (as listed on email). Albeit the email seemed to be something of a 'form letter' basically saying they love receiving feedback (and encouraging it) and my email will be forwarded to the internet manager.

Reply #59654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

real helpful, not

they never do anything.

More people should send about it.

They don't care about one person.

Reply #59662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754