Bizzy
Years ago

Miami Heat

Are the Miami Heat just in a form slump without Shaq Daddy in the middle or have they stacked the team with too many stars?

My thoughts are that they are having a hard time gelling as a team. It is going to take even longer with Shaq still yet to return to the line up.

Really if you're getting beaten by the Raptors - you are in a bit of trouble. With a scoring spread of D-Wade 33 points next closest was Zo with 11 - pretty big difference there.

On a side note - how about New York they've won 3 of their last 4.

Topic #5204 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I would hardly say they are struggling at a Southest leading record of 6 and 4. Yeah, they're not dominating, but they lost Shaq daddy.

Look at how the Lakers went after they lost shaq, they were below .500 and they had Kobe taking up the scoring load like Wade is doing now.

So I think they will always struggle to be a title contender without Shaq, but at least they aren't going as bad as the Lakers were without him.

In saying that, it is a long season and they have plenty more games to lose if they want to, but I think they will be okay.

Reply #59635 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Great game today between the Rap's and Heat.
Miami dominated early, then went to sleep, allowing Toronto back into the game.
Toronto scored 40 in the last quarter to take the victory.
Villuneva and Calderon were huge off the bench.
On the heat though, too many bad shots in the last. Zo was the biggest guy on the floor, yet he didnt get a touch in the last when the game was on the line. Without Shaq, too much is trying to be handled by too few on the Heat. Though Wade did hit some big jumpers to keep them in with a chance.

Reply #59649 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I cant understand why Walker starts on the bench. Surely he is worthy of a starting spot. He is the 2nd best scorer and just a general all round player. Another team in bad form is Houston. Yao is over-rated. When is this guy gonna step up and perform? 8 RPG from a guy who is 12 foot tall is not enough. With McGrady injured, he should be doing more. I also see the Kings on the way down.

Reply #59659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #59666 | Report this post

NOZO  
Years ago

I have seen two Toronto games this season and they look good. Mike James for Skip to my Lou looks like the worst trades of the NBA offseason. It would not suprise me if the Raptors make the playoffs. They will be dangerous in the second half of the season.

Reply #59695 | Report this post

SI_1_^  
Years ago

i cant understand why heat r on a slump when they hav so many talented players? sure u dun hav shaq but hello?, wade, walker, payton, white boy, posey...

Reply #59704 | Report this post

NOZO  
Years ago

Mike James
Toronto Raptors
Position: G
Height: 6-2 Weight: 190
College : Duquesne
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics
PPG 18.1
RPG 2.9
APG 4.6
SPG .80
BPG .00
FG% .500
FT% .773
3P% .432
MPG 33.5

Rafer Alston
Houston Rockets
Position: G
Height: 6-2 Weight: 170
College : Fresno State
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics
PPG 7.1
RPG 3.9
APG 4.1
SPG .88
BPG .38
FG% .323
FT% .727
3P% .280
MPG 31.3

Reply #59741 | Report this post

SI_1_^  
Years ago

The thread is Miami Heat, Not Houston Rockets?!?!

Reply #59745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754