Get a New Name
Years ago

Dann cited by NBL

Here's the story:

"The National Basketball League has cited West Sydney Razorbacks player Graeme Dann following Saturday night's Razorbacks versus Kings match at the SuperDome in Sydney.

Dann will answer the charge of 'Unduly Rough Play' in the third period.

League Commissioner Rick Burton made the decision to refer the case to the NBL Tribunal after viewing vision of the game on Monday afternoon.

Dann has until 5.30pm (AEDT) on Tuesday November 22 to decide whether to have the case heard by Assistant NBL Tribunal Chairman Dan Kirtley at a formal hearing, or to have the matter heard via a telephone hook-up."

Anyone see the biff?

Someone told me he and worthington locked horns, can anyone fill me in?

Didn't they both get selected in the Boomers squad?

Topic #5219 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Dann got selected. A couple of weeks ago he didn't even have a team.

Didn't see the fray, but heard someone suggest that Jason Smith hit Dann. And that Dann elbowed Sheridan a bit viciously on an earlier play.

Reply #59730 | Report this post

Get a New Name  
Years ago

the talk i heard was, someone (either worthington or dann) was dribbling cross court, and got hit by a nasty shoulder by the other. then it was on

ps. you can delete the other thread, i forgot to put a topic, sorry!

Reply #59731 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Reply #59742 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Dann should have been cited for what he did, I agree with that, but since Jason Smith also got an unsportsmanlike foul for chargin in from half a court away to send Dann to the floor, the almighty should have also ben cited, but as long as we protect the Kings!!!

Dann was playing physical, no doubt about it, he gave up a hard (and stupid) foul, got slapped with an unsportsmanlike, then Jason Smith decided to take matters into his own hands.

From what I have heard, sounds much like the Fellas' games against Sydney.

But still what Dann did was no worse than what Jason Smith did, how about fair and equal treatment?

Reply #59743 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

And also why doesn't the NBL do anything about Anstey throwin the ball at Ree's head?? i guess if your team is Tigers or Kings you can get away with a fair bit.

Reply #59748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously Boy Gorg got a lil upset someone finally got physical with his lil boys....Dann only did what the rest of the league would like to have done to an untouchable king/queen.

Reply #59757 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

pfft mark worthington's a big girl anyway, good on Dann for laying him out

Reply #59811 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

not sure it was worth all this. it wasnt like he lined him up or anything, he just stayed upstraight and worthington went flying because he wasnt ready for it.

Reply #59824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754