my 2 cents worth
Years ago

What happens with the Split with Melbourne?

If they beat us in Hobart and it's 2-2?

Topic #5283 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

It will be worked out on points.

Sixers 94-92 +2
Tigers 115-103 -12
Sixers 109-92 +17

Sixers 2 games to 1 +7

So Tigers need to win by 8 or more in Hobart on Dec 21 to take the head to head series.

In the case of the Tigers beating us by exactly 7 in Hobart than it will go on points percentage for the season for each teams, I can't see the Sixers getting their percentage up high enough so in you can nearly safely say that if the Tigers win by 7 or more in Hobart they will take the series.

Reply #60248 | Report this post

my 2 cents worth  
Years ago

Thanks DJ, I thought it may work like that, but in that event you would think the Tigers would of played harder the last couple of minutes last night.

Dusty's cheap 2 points on the buzzermay come back to haunt the Tigers.

Reply #60250 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I had wondered why Phil didn't put Hill or Hambour on last night when we were up by 15 or so with a couple of minutes to play, but the crucial countback should we lose in Hobart is a good reason to keep a competitive squad out there.

Reply #60273 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

Would the coaching staff have even been thinking about this issue?

Reply #60287 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think so. Because there was a good chance of splitting the games 2-2, they would've been considering the points difference as early as that blow-out in Melbourne.

Reply #60289 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Im sure Breheny would have been on to it!

Even if they wern't a good confidence booster after the dismall game a few weeks back against the Tigers in Melbourne.

Reply #60303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754