Anonymous
Years ago

Lower divisions-why bother

City south why bother. Thats a joke, at least at city south you dont have to pay a fortune to get treated badly.
I have played lower division ball for 7 years, most of the time we dont have a coach, the club dont give a dam, and I pay the same fees as div 1 players.
whats worse all the clubs are the same.
why are we allowed to play, is it just to pay the bills.
I cant wait for city south or something like it to get going. i will flick the bassa comp in 5 seconds

Topic #5301 | Report this topic

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i agree, with everything u just said.

Reply #60373 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

I'm assuming you mean the div 4-5 senior comp. Your fees support the club as well as BASA. I take it you don't train either. You should sus out where your fees go or who they go to.

Reply #60405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its true clubs do not even think of developing god players in the lower divisions. It does not even matter how good you are nearly all clubs stick with the same div1 players from u10s all the way up to the senoir level. If u started late too bad for u.

Reply #60406 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

I disagree anon. It is more about attitude and willingness to accept that maybe the individual who started late may simply not be cut out for div 1 or div 2. Admittedly, clubs will always have "favourite" type players, but these guys usually have proven themselves as capable of performing their role in the team, and it usually works well. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Reply #60408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lower divisions are nothing but a cash cow for clubs ABA teams and the BASA debt.

Players in div 3 and below should be playing low cost, low travel competition.

Reply #60414 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

div 3 is a pretty good quality competition. Having played div 2 and 3, the major diference IMO between them is mainly the training ethics of the teams, and it relates to if they train, have a coach and a regular 7 or 8 player balanced team with some good quality backups.

why don't they eliminate games at morphetvale and push to use Wayville as the prefered venue. Reduce travel costs acrossthe board, and wayville will not necessarily benefit teams, forestville the exception.

Yes I do currently play div 3 and make the trips from northern suburbs to southern area each week for games. Including game fees, club fees and travel expenses, my average expense is somewhere between $20 and $25 per game. Not including other expenses for training etc. If finals are included, that is a significant cost but one that I am prepared to pay in order to play at that level. Imagine having a couple of children doing the same.

Reply #60417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets add it up.

You can play U/16 Div 5 Boys where

you always seem to play at Port Adelaide.

you pay $6 per game and get lousy Pt Adelaide ref's.

you pay full fee's from your club for a no clue coach to run trainings.

you play in a comp where some guys have no clue.

Sure why would I rather go and play social ball near where I live. (insert sarcasm here)

Reply #60531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well play social ball then.

Stop whinging and just quit.

Demand is obviously there, otherwise there would be no competition.

Reply #60534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754