Anonymous
Years ago

AXA signs on as Finals Sponsor

The NBL today announced that AXA would become the naming rights sponsor of the 2006 NBL Final Series.

NBL Commissioner Rick Burton made the announcement today, at a press conference involving the Melbourne Tigers and AXA General Manager of Sales and Marketing

The finals will now be know as "the 2006 AXA NBL Finals Series of the Philips Championship'

For all the people who say that Rick hasn't done good job, i suggest you start thinking again.

Topic #5314 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he doesn't bring free-to-air within the next 2 seasons then he has been a failure.

Reply #60545 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

With a name like that the NBL is going to need 2 T Shirts for merchandising just to get the finals name and logo on.

Rick getting it done in my book.

Reply #60547 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

What did AXA bring to the table?

Congrats to Rick for getting several major sponsors this year (nike, philips, virgin & now axa).

What I am curious about is how much are they paying?

what is he doing with the money? (more being spent in development or promotion?)

keep on bringing in the bucks rick!

Reply #60550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats an AXA????

Reply #60555 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I dunno!

Reply #60557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AXA is financial insurers / planners - they do stuff like investments, insurances and superannuation!

SO hopefully they have lots of money to "invest" in the NBL!

Reply #60559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't forget ABC came on as official ball sponsor

Velocity for all star game

Harvey Norman for last years Singapore Cup

ABC for the first Blitz

Radio2 for a radio show

he still needs to get bums in seats and free to air

Reply #60570 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Bums on seats don't you think thats the job of the clubs. I think he is doing a great job but yes free to air TV is a major hurdle.

Reply #60613 | Report this post

tax haven  
Years ago

AXA signing on is great.

i would like to see the teams approach their finals campaign with a focus / slogan.

ie when seattle won WNBA - it marketed
"bring it home" over the finals campaign.
It was a focus and made that campaign unique in it's own - the next year they had another focus etc.

It creates a rebirth for the team focus each year.

Reply #60619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to get bums on seats you need MARKETING, the NBL needs to do MORE!
******** Artist

Reply #60672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754