MOODY
Years ago

Sixers a Disgrace on the Road

Will Adelaide win tomorrow night, hang on let me check where its being played, oh the Dome, Fame over we win.

But on the road this team is a shocking outfit. They are a B grade team, and show no mental or physical toughness what so ever, THEY ARE SOFT!

I love this team to death, but feel physically sick when I watch them on fox. Farley wont even shoot the ball, yet at home tough shot after tough shot. What is happening with Holmes, Boomer player on the road, ordinary at home?

Forman is shooting consistantly but you wont win to many games with him leading all scorers. Get the act together TEAM, including Phil Smyth, Subbing out Maher in that fourth quarter when for some reason Brisbane didnt want to totally put us away will stay with me for a long time!

Well Ive got that off my chest, Im sure there will be a lot of people who will show all kinds of facts and figures to dismantle any comments I've made but I dont care to much, not happy and many other fans shoudlnt be either.

Topic #5330 | Report this topic

tha_h0bb1t  
Years ago

here here mate... its was shockin to watch... sickening even! i dnt think any stats could substanciate their performances on the road... especially last nite! we do love em to death but geeeeez guys... get ur act 2getha! :o(

Reply #60700 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Moody, Hobbit... last time you donned the shorts and jersey was when????? Your reading way too much into an off night.

Teams have bad games, that's it, a bad game. We are still sitting at the right end of the table, we can be no worse than third at the completion of the round. Big picture kiddies, look at the big picture.

A wise NBA GM once stated that at home you want 80% (kids we are 10-0) of wins, on the road I'll take 50% (we are 4-5). Pretty good GM said that, he had plenty of successful campaigns.

Can't see how you can't be happy, right end of the table, a perfect record at home, 14 wins chalked up already. There are 9 teams that would love to be in our position at the moment. Can't see how bagging the lads is really going to help the cause.

Reply #60703 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

just for the record we have allready won the same amount of away games as last year, yes we are down abit but on the other hand we are in a better position away this year then last year,

109pts away to brisbane on a normal night would be enough to win, but look at there shots rucker was shooting from a diferent post code,

how bout we support the team not bitch about them,

if some one said at start of the year we would be 4 - 5 on the road i would take it hell 1 more win and weve won 20% more on the road then last year,

Keep it up guys your playing well,

Reply #60708 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

I think it might have something to do with their preperation for road games/road trips. With the wins they have had on the road, they hadn't looked too convincing. But yet at home they look unbeatable. Hopefully they can find a suitable preperation program to prevent poor performance!

Reply #60710 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What a shocking game? Come off it everyone, how shocking is 109 points. Hardly soft or lacking in mental and physical toughness. Once again, Brisbane excelled and we couldn't keep up. How many games do you know off where a team scores 130? Especially on their own home court. It would be difficult for any team to contain. I do however question why Smyth subbed all 5 at the same time in the 4th quarter. It was at a time when the gap was closing. If the team was on a roll, they should have been left there to continue. The game wan not over at that stage.

Reply #60711 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Thomo, Adelaide has not won as many road games as last year as yet. Still they are only one W off.

As for the guys defending the team, I'm as passionate as anyone when it comes to the team and love the club to death, but there was absolutely no excuse for Adelaide's defensive effort in Brisbane. EC, the reason why most teams don't score 130 points in a game is because other teams actually play D. Guys like Rucker and Black only start hitting big shots after getting their confidence going having so many open looks early. The Sixers last night were soft. I don't care what their preparation was; not boxing out on free throws by Mark Bradtke is just unacceptable within the first minute of the game. I am sick and tired of turning on Fox to watch the Sixers not show up to play defensively on the road. If some of the punters who play over $300 dollars a year to watch the guys play, $150 a year on merchandise, $500 a year on Foxtel plus interstate games showed up to work with the effort the Sixers showed as a collective on the defensive end last night they would be in the unemployment line.

I'm being very critical, but it's because I'm passionate and want to see the club do its best. This group is talented, and can play at a championship level, as shown against Melbourne. It's just very frustrating to watch a team go from such highs to such lows in a short period of time.

Reply #60712 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

EC.. exactly, how many games do you know of when a teams scores 130?!? That is simple evidence enough that the Sixers defense was apalling. You don't give up 130 points if you are playing good defence. And as my old coach used to say "Defence is 5% skill, 5% communication and 90% effort." The Sixers reeked on D on Wednesday night, it was a disgrace.

Reply #60714 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It wasn't the threes to Rucker that bothered me, but the difference in the defense elsewhere. As soon as one player faltered, the rest of the team would be on the back foot playing catch-up. Or it was easier for Brisbane to exploit the situation so that Black was defended by Oscar, etc. Black scored a decent amount inside. Holmes got one memorable block in the second half, but no one else had any from Adelaide.

Reply #60723 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I can not believe some of you people are defending the team? I could guarantee you that if you asked any sixer if they played good D on Wednesday that everyone of them would say no.
I agree with Jasmine as well. You don't see too many teams score 130 in a game and why does this occur??? Because of a lack of defence! Seeing as we are all quoting coaches how about the most simpliest of quotes..."Defence wins games..."

Reply #60728 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide looked tired on Wednesday night. The defence was bad. Does everyone think they will keep their perfect record at home intact on Friday. Three games in six days is tough!

Reply #60738 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

why is it when we play good teams on the road that we lose badly? when we play bad teams on the road we only just pull it off apart from playin the Breakers. when we have teams like sydney come play us at home they lose but they lose respectfully putting up a great fight. last wednesday was not a great fight.also if u look at hte big picture yes we ere doin pretty well but had we lost most of those tight ones we would be in the position brisbane are in now. we should have also kained townsvil hawks and perth at home by like 20. the way we play tigers on saturday is where our game should be at always at home and off the road.

thTs my 2 cents

wolly

Reply #60756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm thanks wolly

Reply #60759 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Double Clutch, how much D does a team have to play half way down the court because this is where Rucker and Black were shooting from. They got really lucky this game because most of their shots went in regardless of distance. If the Bullets consistently played like this, they wouldn't be 8th on the ladder. They had a hell of a lot of luck on their side.

Reply #60794 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

It's not luck. It's called not getting your hand in the shot pocket, not locating your shooters, not containing your man off the dribble for 3 quarters, not getting back in transition etc and by doing so allowing confidence players to get in a zone.

Rucker hit 2 shots from deep. Black had a heap of lay-ups and open 3s. MacKinnon had dunks off made 36er baskets! Hardly "luck".

That D was so bad it looked like a team trying to throw a game, (similar to college point shaving scandals).

That D was so bad it looked like a team trying to throw a game, (similar to college point shaving scandels).

Reply #60801 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How many games have been "thrown" on 109 points? It was quite clear which was the superior team in this game but how "little" did the Sixers actually do to score this well? I call it luck on Brisbane's part because they just have not played like this on a regular basis. Their record this season alone suggests that they have been very ordinary. We may have allowed them to score this well but their D also has to be questioned when they allowed us to score well. 109 is very good, 130 is out of the ordinary. The only thing that worries me here is that if Brisbane can pull a game out of the hat like this against us, then we have a real threat again in the playoffs like last season. A whole season of good work can be undone by one game. What we should hope for is that we don't come up against them in the playoffs. If both teams are lucky enough to play the grand final, then our higher position on the ladder should see us with more home games.

Reply #60805 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754