Noti Bagy
Years ago

League MVP

At this stage of the competition who do you think will win the MVP award this year?

My Contenders are

Adelaide- Brett
Wollongong- Ballinger
Sydney - CJ
Melbourne - Anstey

I can't see anyone else being in the running as these guys are getting their teams wins and putting up consistant stats.

Anstey maybe slight favourite as effectively he has replace Gaze and Bradtke and the Tigers have won around the same games as last year.

CJ will have votes taken off him by others like Smith and Roberts.

Brett should be in with a good shot as the league seems to think that the sixers are punching above their weight.

Ballinger is getting the job done in the gong with Cortez only guy to consistantly steal votes off him.

Topic #5366 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Maher, Groves, Bruton, Anstey.

Reply #60927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruton, Groves, Anstey, Maher, Abney.
Throw Abney in there cause even though his teams shitty, he is having a great year.

Reply #60929 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

MVP candidates-bruton, anstey, maher, groves, thomas(DT) is the other player who delivers consistently and for me is in the top 5...Bruton-1 at this stage.

Reply #60930 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anstey, Abney, Groves, Bruton and Brett will battle it out. At the present time I'll go with Bruton, but if the Crocs actually do something and get it together then I'll go with Abney.

Reply #60933 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

I'm a sixers fan, would like to see Maher in the running in top few. IMO, he has had arguably his best season to date, but, even though his stats are his best and he has had significant impact in the clutch, has he done enough to shine as the "reason" for his teams success. Obviously he has come through in the closing of many games (I know this reads strange) but IMO I don't think he stands out as much because he is doing what everyone expects of him, to be there at the end of the game.

Again, be great to see him up there and take the honours.

Reply #60949 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

If what you are expected to do is as good as Brett, then it shouldn't run against you in MVP considerations.

Brett has been (clearly) our best player this year. He's had one bad game, and even then didn't play that poorly.

Guys like CJ, Groves, Ballinger (I love his game) and Anstey have been very good, but it's probably only been CJ who has been a clutch performer as much as Brett.

Reply #60950 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

True.

Reply #61035 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

CJ, Maher, Groves or Anstey

dont see it being anyone other than one of them

Reply #66031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754