kb
Years ago

LAST NIGHT'S MVP?

there were quite a few guys who made a run for it, BUT YO........who said that white men caught jump????? because "MADD MAXX" threw down a "WHOA", last night. "LUKE SKYWALKER" was in da house for the first time and besides for losing his first 4 games in a row, represented himself.....& "da wood", nicely. "BLUE COLLAR" & the "ROAD RUNNER" played well, & a lil dude name "JR", almost stole the show, but not quite because, "THE LOCK" is our "MVP", for last night. his "d" & effort are always solid but his aggressiveness in playmaking and on "o" got him the nod. until next week SLACKERS.....POWER TO THE PICK-UP!!!

Topic #5369 | Report this topic

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

"Who said that white men caught jump?????" (KB 2005)

Good to see the US education and college system is continuing to graduate a high standard of athlete.

"Power to reading and writing"&or how about "pick up a book" sometime

Reply #60946 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

"Power to reading and writing"&or how about "pick up a book" sometime

Haha. How about you spell check your post before you attack someone else on grammar.

Think you missed a full stop as well.

Reply #61006 | Report this post

Bill Walton  
Years ago

Nice comeback but.....

grammar not grammer

How about pick up a dictionary
before you type anything bad about someone who typed something bad.

Reply #61008 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

how about you guys stop being morons.
KB another successful night of summer pick up. Thanks for the props, and a good summary of the night... especially mad maxx's dunk to finish off the game, still not as sweet as your wraparound to end the series on night 1 tho! but if he had a chance when he was driving thru the lane later on in the night after he was fouled I feel he may have taken the cake. Looking forward to next week when hopefully a few more of the south contingent can make an appearance. until then my friends...

Reply #61014 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

listen up rubberneck, that's not the first time i've made an error in my posts..........and it probably won't be the last......what about you? POWER TO PROOFREADING!!! but joe, isn't that a little personal attacking me, my country, and it's educational system over a slight....oversight? i tell you what tough-guy. the next time or whenever you see me, why don't you come on over and insult me to my face.......nothing physical. we're stand or sit there and we can "get it on" on an intellectual level. HOWEVER, on the other hand, in defense of my country and fellow student athletes.........(let's not forget the auzzies with american college degrees, there would be quite a few wouldn't ya think)........you can kiss our "US" educated ASSES!!!!!................or should i say "ARSES"??? POWER TO NOT BEING THE "SWEAT FROM A BABOON'S BALLS"!!!

Reply #61053 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Nice 'Coming to America' reference KB, you diseased rhinosceros pizzle.

Reply #61055 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Intriguing as you have the audacity to question the Australian student and their integrity by suggesting that they simply go over to the US for a degree, and simply for get to mention the huge amounts of American students that come to Australia for a university degree because the exchange rate between the $US and $AD is like paying half the tuition you would in the states.

Nothing against the US of A (United States of Australia, we are the 52nd state after all) as a country and a world leader they keep Australia arse safe but for a standard of education well I wouldn't be gloating about that KB.

The standard Academic Test your senior class sits in high school would be the Australia equivalent of a year 11 exam. First year college is year 12 non-university subjects and 2ns year would be subjects that are required for university entry. Simply put with Australia having 1/10th of your population it allowed for the standard of education to be higher because the average is spread out over a smaller margin of people.

Thank for the rubberneck (is that some sort of cultural perception you have against foreigners or just non-basketball folk) but ask yourself KB "not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and for the record I would never "you can kiss our "US" educated ASSES" do that because of WHO you are, WHERE you have come from or WHAT sort of education you have. The initial post was simply a poke at a "typo" that caught my eye. I apologize if I insulted you or your level of education or questioned your countries way of teaching students how to use of the English language.

No offence cobber.

Reply #61100 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Hey Joe...

Your'e an idiot...

Reply #61106 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Great Comeback

Reply #61107 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Thank you very much; your nomination for the "humanitarian of the year" is greatly appreciated but since you called me an "Idiot" the award should go to you.

Reply #61112 | Report this post

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Reply #61113 | Report this post

greenback  
Years ago

looks like the sort of magazine you would read ELG

Reply #61135 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

"the audacity to question the australian student and their integrity" - "gloating" i don't recall doing such a thing. i simply pointed out that by insulting me, you're insulting those (from across the world) who have received their education from the states......including but not exclusively, auzzies. "the initial post was simply a "POKE" at a "typo", that caught my eye". a "POKE", you say. okay, i guess that would be equivalent to you accidentally stepping on my shoe and me "POKING" my damn fist in your eye. now, what about the "typo" in your initial post pointed out by double clutch or your "typo" in post #61100: "Thank for the rubberneck". you mean "Thanks", don't you....or "I apologize if i insulted you or your level of education or questioned your countries way of teaching students how to use of the English language". firstly, you don't even know my level of education and furthermore, you "caught", oops, my bad.....can't discern it from a "typo. secondly, "countries" (means plural, as in more than one) . it should be "country's" don't you think? and "teaching students how to use of the English language"......i guess that's Australia's version of "Ebonics"! for someone, who obviously caught.....DAMN IT!!!....."CAN'T" distinguish a basketball from a rock melon, why would you come onto this website and offend (US)?.........unless of course, you're "foreskin". one who puts their education above the emotions & feelings and morals & values of others. one who is so shallow that they NEED to belittle others in order to feel good. your parents should be proud.....and unfortunately, they probably are. you remind me of the guy from the movie "goodwill hunting", he's attempting to impress some chicks, (who by the way aren't the least bit interested in his boring ass) by committing an act of piracy, also known as........(i'll give you a hint, the first letter matches the first letter of your name...."POOFTA")........because a couple of rough-necks are chatting up a bird? that's you right? the guy who dreams of going out with the best looking girl in school, but who's so "EDUCATED", he doesn't have the social skills or balls to go over and talk to her, therefore, he carries around an excessive amount of the, "DATE RAPE DRUG". do you like apples......well i live a damn good "LIFE", you should get one......how you like those apples!!!

NO OFFENCE......YA BLOOOODY WANKER!!!!

Reply #61145 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

besides cheesedick, your type of "EDUCATION", is over-rated. "Thank" for proving it to us.

Reply #61147 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

michael jordan says that, "the hardest defense you'll ever play, is defending your reputation". damn, not only could he posterized your ass, but he could also drop some "words of wisdom".

Reply #61149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Morgenstern, you must be on a steady diet of penuts. Cause you know what they say "You are what you eat".

Reply #61150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Look, I'm about as much of a language nazi as you'll find on here, but you can either look at KB's posts and say "He has no concerns about sentence structure and proof-reading his material" or you can say "He's excited about pick-up basketball."

I go with the latter and, for the sake of KB not having to call any more people "cheesedick", I'd encourage others to do the same.

Reply #61151 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

That's ok I can eat humble pie

KB,

Your sure did burn me and I bow to you for eternal forgiveness. No I am not being sarcastic or trying to regain any self-respect I have, i just had to show my respect to the man.

Your great man& nothing else

Power to the player (or Playa i dont know) :-)

Peace out

Reply #61152 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

You have shown you have more class than I do, a much higher level of educated than I have and have more game in every single way imaginable.

Today I learnt not to go up against basketball royalty.

Long live the king and may he hold court whenever he wants.

Power to the persuasive argument

Peace out

Reply #61156 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think KB should get a basketball icon for toasting that ass!

That is one of the best "shut downs" i have ever read - still laughing.

I'd love to see a duel between the doctor and KB !

Reply #61158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was the best piece of verbal abuse i have heard (read) ever. Thank you KB!

Reply #61162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aside from the above tirades, does anyone actually realise that KB is hiring Wayville out of his own pocket?
I'm pretty sure he has tried to keep this on the quiet, but can there be any doubt about his passion for the game in our fair state?

Reply #61166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe, quit while u are just a little bit behind.

Reply #61170 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Nothing against KB but everyone on hear loves to kiss his NBA Arse.

Reply #61185 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

No Joe
We dont love to kiss his ass. We just love to hate your's. Simple.

Reply #61186 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think everyone on "hear" just likes that he's hanging around in SA, coaching, trying his pick-up game plan and getting on the forum to chat about it. I haven't seen any NBA Arse Kissing, in fact his first posts on Hoops SA came after a few of us were teasing him about his NBA basketball card rather than glorifying it.

Reply #61188 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

UTBNB

you don't even know me so go get stuffed you wanna be baller.

Reply #61189 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo isaac, is my sentence structure really that bad??? it does matter to me...........sometimes. however, i will make more of an effort to proofread my posts in the future so hopefully i'll avoid any more embarrassing "bloopers", like "white men caught jump". pretty funny, can't believe i actually typed that. joe, i don't have a problem with you or anyone else, "taking the piss out of me". it's happened before on this website and it'll probably happen again. i can take it, but maybe you crossed the line or i was being too damn sensitive. nevertheless, PEACE TO YOU AND YOURS.

Reply #61190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KB, have a look at your post #61145 and tell me you couldn't have hit the Enter key a few times to break it up! I guess sentence-structure is moot as you tend to ad-lib and write in a more conversational style - nothing wrong with that.

I can't believe this entire thread stemmed from one typo! Hilarious.

Reply #61192 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Geez you two (Joe and KB) are almost as bad as the make up hug/love at the AND 1 game. KB he did insult you with his first post and Joe you lost the slinging match. Lets leave it at that and stop this hug and make up crap.

Reply #61194 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

KB,

I have nothing against KB and like I said it was a bit of fun that I took in a direction that didn't need to go (again I apologize). Nearly 100 posts happen on a daily basis and the majority of them would have a typo or poor grammar or punctuation in them but the fact it was you KB and the challenge of pointing out your fault was the motivation of the response. There was nothing random about it and I obviously hit a raw nerve.

The sheep are pretty much yes men on this and would bow to your every move, in the end I just wanted to see if they were willing to agree with me (your average JOE) or just take the NBA player option on something. I guess the sheep showed me.

You post how ever you like KB but it's the Australian way to knock the tall poppy down when they get to big and I guess no one is that tall to get chopped down to size.

Reply #61195 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's the Australian way to knock the tall poppy??? Obviously your not Australian are you Joe?

Reply #61196 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Joe Morgenstern,

"You post how ever you like KB but it's the Australian way to knock the tall poppy down when they get to big and I guess no one is that tall to get chopped down to size."

Sentence Structure??????????????????

Reply #61197 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Of course it the Australian way, Shane Warne, Lleyton Hewitt, Ian Thorpe and the constant gay rumours. Even Steven Waugh and Sir Donald Bradman have been knocked down off that pedestal.

Obviously you missed my point, it was really nothing to do with his sentence structure more to do with who he was. If it was some average Joe I would not give a continental about the typo or sentence structure he/she used.

Reply #61200 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Since it was Kevin brooks I was (and did) have a crack.

Reply #61201 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Ian Thorpe is not gay....just hates being seen with women!

Reply #61203 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Joe, you were shut down because:

1 - You are a pretentious wanker.

2 - People on here are passionate about basketball, and respect others who are like-minded (KB), and will side with them over people like you.

3 - See #1.

I am a Sixers fan, but KB hasn't played with us for some time and in fact is now a Woodville man, so as a Westies boy he is officially a mortal enemy. So far from being a 'sheep' who bows down to him (I feel ridiculous even typing that line!!), I am merely a like minded basketball fan/player/wanne-be commentator who respects his passion for the game and pick-up in particular.

He was in NBA Jam Session, the GREATEST NBA Highlight video of all-time, so I'll forgive hime for the whole Sydney Kings thing....

And Joe, don't worry about the tall-poppy thing, coz you will never be condidered 'tall' enough by anyone to care.

Reply #61206 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yep, point taken! you "da man" isaac.

Reply #61211 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Hey Joe...
Ever played NBL? ever won ABL championships... I doubt it... i have though... hmmm... your'e probably still in high school wacking your little weener every chance you get.

Reply #61224 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

UTBNB,

You telling everyone your won a NBL championship make me feel a hell of a lot better about being the pretentious one. All that I have done is just write a few line on a basketball forum.

The Doctor,

Thanks for proving my point.

Reply #61227 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Joe, whatever it is you have proved, you have done so without any help from me.

Reply #61228 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

will this ever stop? just for the record I'm happy to take Kb's side because I respect what he has done as a player, a coach and an ambassador of basketball generally. And a nice guy to boot... I can say from personal experience that when he was 'the man' back in the 6ers glory days I walked up to him to have a chat and couldn't shut him up! what more could a fan want? now that's humble, and the sort of guy you wish you were Joe

Reply #61229 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Joe, simply as thedoctor said in not so many words - YOU ARE A TOSSER! KB is the man, what he is doing with his passion for the game is commendable. I don't see anyone else offering a free place to play some ball at a high standard.

KB is and always will be 'THE MAN'. When you accomplish even a small comparison to what KB has, you may come back and speak.

Reply #61233 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Is KB a Ambi-turner, if so Mugatu would like to hire him for the very recent Joelict campaign.

Reply #61239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt there a joke that goes 'what does the special olympics and arguing on the internet have in common? Even if you win your still retarded...'

This is just a purely funny sequence of posts..

Reply #61245 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

"He was in NBA Jam Session"

Doctor, do you know which bit? There's a few Nuggets clips but I couldn't see KB in (the background :) of any of them.

Reply #61253 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

KB will tell you his massive move was not given the exposure it deserves. It's in the credits at the end. He does a behind the back wrap around move for the dunk.

He's wearing that Nuggets uniform with the skyline on it.

Reply #61255 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

One of the very last dunks if I remember correctly. Damn nice too I must say.

Reply #61256 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

Damn, that was a fast reply! Just found it myself. Go KB!!!

Here's a screenshot for the 2 of you that don't have this video.

And here's the clip.

The guy at the bottom of the picture in the warm-ups looks like KB as well. This is after Chris Jackson's 70 foot game winner.

Reply #61260 | Report this post

haha did you see that defender go flying?!?!? That number 4? oh man

Reply #61271 | Report this post

Dirk  
Years ago

Joe, Warum machen Sie Streit? Haben Sie Angst. Sie sind nicht höflich.
Ich habe morgen einen Test. Konnen Sie meine Grammatik korrigieren? Vielleicht, deine Mutter gibt Sie keine Liebe und dein Vater zu viel.
Alles klar,
Dirk

Reply #61284 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Don't know who posted it, but I just translated the above post:

Joe, why you make controversy? Have fear. They are not polite. I have tomorrow a test. Konnen you my grammar correct? Perhaps, your nut/mother does not give you too much love and your father. Everything clearly, Dirk.

Reply #61302 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

• Cost to hire 3 courts at Wayville each Sunday night - $60 a court.
  • Time spent talking to a 13 year old starstruck Double Clutch in the 1998: 10 minutes.
  • Seeing KB shut down posters on a forum - priceless.

Reply #61304 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Theres somethings you cant buy, for others use mastercard

Reply #61308 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

"haha did you see that defender go flying?!?!?"

I think it's Spud Webb.

Reply #61351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754