Mix Master Wipe
Years ago

NBL ALL-STAR VOTES

Anyone know if Reesy made the all-star team? Results were to be on the NBL website 1/12/05

Topic #5371 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

I haven't seen any results yet. I was hanging out with Reesy at his self-funded school for homeless orphaned blind amputees yesterday, and he didn't mention anything.

Reesy for PM.

Reply #60959 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

As far as I was aware they were meant to announce the starting fives on the 1st dec and the remaining team on the 7th dec. Reesy must be nervous as hell!!!

Reply #60966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox sport as said that there has been a mistake with the voting, so it may be a while before we all know.

Reply #60983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they probably thought all the votes for rees were mistakes

Reply #60990 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Mistake...... Reesy as starting centre is NOT a mistake. I call for a Royal Commission onto the NBL All Star voting. This is just another example of the corporate machine looking after its mates.

Reesy to head up Royal Commission. It's time to take out the trash....

Reply #61011 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Whats the deal with the story in the paper this morning. By the sounds of it all the voting was a waste of time as the NBL is adding people in who they think deserve a spot. If so I want my money back.

Reply #61017 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Boti said yesterday that Brett was left out of the options for the media to choose from.

How can the NBL balls even something as simple as this up?

Reply #61018 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Question: Why would we want Reesy and Brett being coached by Brian anyway. They will just get sores on their behinds from sitting on their chairs all night!!

I also assume the game will not be on free to air so those of us without Fox will just have to hear about it later.

Reply #61021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the should just go by the votes thats what the nba does and some good players miss out and some no so good players get in if we wanted the nbl to choose we woudnt have voted in the first place

Reply #61027 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

The NBL are doing what they always do, pretending to get fans opinions/votes and then doing what they think is best

Reply #61028 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think the starting 5's go on public votes, and the bench voted by media. Is that correct? I think NBA is the same.

Reply #61030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear the coaches have swapped roles this year; Smyth coaching World v Goorjan coaching Australia.

Given that Smyth got Australia over the line last year wouldn't it be good if he got the World over the line against Australia.

I am wrestling whether to support Phil over Goorjan or Australia over World. I am leaning to the former; what do others think.

Reply #61031 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Well, Sydney V The World hehe.

Reply #61032 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Jacob Holmes was also mentioned for the team!!

Reply #61047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can the fans vote for the starting FIVE of the World All-Stars when the asian dude is going to be their 1 man. Or is he starting off the bench.

Reply #61068 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Have the players been named yet?

Reply #61167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754