BLAZER
Years ago

hospitality suite new years

I noticed on the sixers site the special for the box at$795+gst.

it also says "Food and beverages will be charged on consumption"

I would have thought, even as a special, $50 per person would cover enough food and beverages for that couple of hours.

My question to those in the know, what is the difference in the food/beverages available? and, is there any advantage being in these suites?

Just curious to know if a group of 16 would be better off purchasing regular tickets, and making a session out of it after the game.

Not saying it is a bad deal or anything like that, just curious as to the benefits of the suite.

Topic #5405 | Report this topic

Tce44  
Years ago

according to the newsletter even for a regular season match food and beverage is an extra charge for both the hospitality suites and the corporate boxes.

why would I pay $1,250 + GST per game, for 16 seats and then have to pay for food and drinks on top of that?

Reply #61375 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

That's what my issue is. What is the benefit and/or advantage of being above the environment of the game.

anyone been in one of these suites before? what was it like? would you go again?

Reply #61380 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

"anyone been in one of these suites before?"

yes joe, I know that is vewy poorly done, and I know obviously poeple have been ...

Reply #61381 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

BLAZER...wow, I didn't know that. I was thinking very seriously of trying to get a bunch of friends & family together and hire a booth for one game just for the fun of it. The one and only negative of having season tickets is not being able to sit with friends and family when they come to the odd game.

I never followed through because I couldn't be bothered trying to organise everyone. If I knew that information, I wouldn't have even wasted a thought on the idea.

Reply #61387 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

hope I don't get into shit over this.

Reply #61389 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

they are designed for corporates to entertain clients. the cost is high because companies probably claim it as advertising or sponsorship, therefore they are willing to spend more.

unfortunately they are not designed for a bunch of pisshead mates. (otherwise i would be in them every week)

Reply #61391 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

You would think they would set a price that would include food and drinks though?

Reply #61400 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are they talking about the courtside box or the actual suites up top? The suites have seating and then private space behind with a minibar, etc. What's the issue?

Reply #61411 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I had imagined them to be the courtside boxes. Why would you go and sit on the other side of the Black Stump and with no food or drink included for that much money. You can sit that distance away from the court for $15.

Reply #61416 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

I believe they are talking about both the courtside boxes and also the corporate suites up top.

They may have mini bars but from what is said in the newsletters, food and beverages are extra.

I run a business and was interested in utilizing a box but it is very expensive.

Reply #61419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been up in a hospitality suite a couple of times.
1) The view is nothing special. I'd prefer closer to courtside anytime.
2) Not worth it unless you are going to have a few drinks.
3) You must be with 15 other people you are comfortable spending time with.
4) Don't do it for a game you really want to watch.

TIP: Take your 50 bucks, go to Subway, buy a reasonable seat at the basketball, throw back some drinks and keep the change!

Reply #61422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are talking about the upstairs corporate seats that they can't sell anyway.
The club has charged much less for these suites over the years because the normal corporates don't want them on New Years!
Word to the wise, the New Years game used to be always a winner because it used to be a sellout plus the club could always on-sell the boxes that were'nt attended.
Guess what, its not hasn't been a sellout for a couple of years now!
This is not the USA that has these traditional games , lets have NO New Years Eves Games (actually, lets go back to winter where our game belongs, but thats a different story!).
It used to work because the club could get money for nothing but not anymore!

Reply #61423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754