Anonymous
Years ago

I can't believe how much we sucked

Well that game was embarrassing. Sure the refs weren't great but we played terribly.

Topic #5413 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

Yep. The refs were total crap tonight. The Sixers were even worse.

Reply #61466 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

We did play pretty poorly but Sydney had obviously done their homework aand played great defence on us. They new what nearly all our plays were and new our weaknesses in defence. Sometimes it takes a loss like this to bring out the best in the guys.

Reply #61468 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Kings shot awesome in the first half

We were too passive in the first quarter and could have really got the dome rocking with some aggressive play but let the Kings settle too much.

Too many small defensive lapses during the game which let them get easy buckets.

They didn't give us one easy bucket the whole night - their defense is so well drilled and they are in your face on everything - we are not, hence why they had some many good looks on their threes.

Refs sucked BOTH ways - was so inconsistent and the game was called like NETBALL. Even the players didn't know how the game was being called after half an hour.

CJ and RR sook way too much.

We missed some clutch baskets in the last couple of mintes during our big run which cost us dearly and some soft fouls on Rychart DID NOT HELP, + a tech = arrrgggghhh!!!

Reply #61469 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Boy Goorj's 2-3 zone is what killed us. Not our dissapointing rebounds, or silly fouls, or poor shot selection, or wastful use of the ball 'exploring', or our inability to "get a hand" to hot shooters Kendall and CJ. It was that damn 2-3 in the 2nd quarter that we weren't able to score against.

Also, Isaac. Is Oscar okay? He was shooting off (FT's), then was very late (a few minutes) coming out of the race. Didn't play much in the 2nd half, if at all?

Reply #61470 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Dusty is a bit of a concern. He hasn't really strung together a good "Dusty-game" (by that I mean 20+ points and about 15 rebounds) since his 44 point game back in October. His rebounds have been qway down the last month and a half and has been totally taken out of the last 2 games because of early foul trouble

Reply #61471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think oscar pulled his groin or something around that area??

Reply #61473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunkenstein, groin injury. I don't think it's too serious though, but might be wrong.

Reply #61474 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Also very disapointing to see the crowd didnt crack the 6000 mark (5756). What is wrong with you people of Adelaide?

Reply #61475 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

skip...This wouldn't be the same Adelaide that took the longest out of any of 30-40 cities in North America, Europe & Australasia to sell out a U2 concert would it?

Seriously, the Sixers have had numbers issues for 3 years now, but still draw bigger crowds than most of the NBL.

Reply #61476 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I got my U2 straight away!! :-)

I know we still have good crowds in comparison. But this was the "Game of the season" and supposedly you couldnt get tickets from venuetix today as they didnt have any left themselves and there were only 500 left at the door. I imagine at least a few hundred of those would have sold so what happened to the people that had tickets and didnt show. Annoys me almost as much as the 100 odd people leaving with 3 / 4 minutes left in the game.

Reply #61479 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

skip...so did I, at 12:01pm actually!

I agree, while it was a good crowd by this season's standard there were more empty than I thought there would be.

Reply #61480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MISSING: The Navy Seals - have been replaced with mutes.

What happened tonight guys? Normally you make hellava noise, some opposition aimed parody. Did i blink and miss it, or were you guys just having an off night?

Not intimidated by the PRP behind you?

Reply #61481 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

anon*

SAY WHAT? I barely have a voice now from screaming so loud. The same can be said about i few of my fellow seals too. The were a few croaky voices at the Findon for the de-brief.
I personally though we were our loudest ever.

Reply #61483 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #61481, you need to have your ears checked.

Reply #61486 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

long live the seals
the pr posses a couple of haS BEEN NEVER beens

Reply #61509 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The PRP has the full support of the Navy Seals.

Reply #61512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh God ... gimme a break. Just because ur in a little clan doesn't mean any of you have any real importance.

I used to think people went to a game to watch the basketball not listen to you guys make yourselves out to actually being important.

Reply #61514 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

i agree anon who catres whether the pr posse or the seals are mates or even mate

Reply #61516 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The Seals didn't stop cheering all night, right down to the last play. Croc Hunter, Skip was responding to a question asked by anon #61481. To be honest, I'd never met any of the Seals until we dominated them in our 3 on 3 battle. :)

And what the hell is a "haS BEEN NEVER beens". Is that similar to a baked bean, or a kidney bean

We are all just passionate supporters, that's all.

Anyone think Reesy and Maher were the only guys playing to win in the last quarter? The Big Fella was in rare form. Worthington can confirm this.

Reply #61581 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anon 61514

I never take myself too seriously, I was just having a laugh.

Reply #61584 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I know he's your hero doc, but that had to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a long time when Reesey pushed whoever it was and then did the bolt! I haven't seen that since second grade!!!

Reply #61617 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Heh Panther - didn't you do the same thing in the pregame?

lol

Reply #61637 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Seriously though, it was good to finally see a team play physical with the academy guys -

Reply #61642 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

watching the replay of the reesy "fight" was the funiest, i pissed myself laughing he sucked rollin roberts in so easy. great job big fella

Reply #61643 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Panther, his "fights" I think are calculated. He knows exactly what he's doing. Young guys will always get unsettled by those tactics. Great pick on Worthington though. Made the news too...

Reply #61645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754