Bizzy
Years ago

Ron Artest Seeks Trade

Is Artest the biggest nutter in the NBA? I would say yes - after just requesting he be traded for the good of the team.

"I'm so demanding of the ball. It's not my fault," Artest told the Star. "Every time somebody is on me it's a mismatch. It messes up the offense. I like Coach [Carlisle] as a person, but I don't like playing for Coach. I like my team, though."

Full Article

He is seeking to go to somewhere like New York. What would be a fair trade from there? Frye and Q or Ariza and Crawford maybe. Still don't see the Pacers wanting to send him to an East Conf team.

Topic #5422 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Could Phil Jackson be the man to tame him and help him play to his full potential? My Lakers sure as hell need something!

One thing is for certain I think this month is gong to throw up some very interesting trades!

Reply #61601 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

I saw the names Hughes & Gooden, from Cavs, for Ron & Croshere.

That at least would give the Pacers some sompensation.

O'Neal
Gooden
Jackson
Hughes
Tinsley

Ilgauskas
Marshall or Croshere
Lebron
Artest
Snow

Reply #61615 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why would anyone want to pick Artest up if they had a half decent team? He would ruin everything. The only team he wants to play on is one that doesn't have a main scorer so he can jack up everything he touches.
Can someone please remind the brother that there is no 'I' in TEAM!!!

Reply #61618 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

What about an Odom - Artest swap ? In Artest you get a better defender a good offensive threat , and Phil is good at controlling ego's and difficult players.
What does Odom make / year? Artest is on 6-7 mil .

The other bonus for the Lakers is that they get a guy who will play hard every night .

Can Ron and Kobe share the ball ? They would be jacking up close to 60 shots a night between them ..

Reply #61620 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No-one will trade for him. He's only on $6.5 million and for the star that he is (he is easily the best defender and one of the top 20 players in the league), it's practically impossible to match up salaries.

Reply #61670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about sending him to new jersey

Reply #61671 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I heard Artest for Peja ... id say that trade is Pretty Fair for both teams

Reply #61674 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Lamar Odom is on 10.5 mill/year.

Reply #61685 | Report this post

'easily' the best defender? I disagree. just because he gets the most steals doesnt make him the best. And his attitude sucks. and his %'s are terrible for a guy who always wants the ball.

Reply #61688 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

Bender will go with him... helps to match salaries.

Reply #61698 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

The guy is all about himself and any team would be stupid to pick him up unless you were sitting in bottom position. Why has he come out and said these comments? To get rid of the coach! Quote.."I don't want to leave Indiana", "I love playing with my team", "I like coach as a person, just not as a COACH!", come on people it's the typical sack him or me issue. The problem is Larry Bird looks after the Pacers and there is no way he would stand for this.
Artest either traded or delisted...

Reply #61715 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Article today has said that enough is enough and the Pacers are seeking a trade for Artest.

Full Article

Reply #61717 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

There are heaps of trade rumours floating around about where that crazy freak will end up.

Here are some of the names that have been floated around (if my name was Larry Bird I'd do the Philly trade ina heartbeat):

New York Channing Frye, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson

L.A. Lakers Lamar Odom, Luke Walton

Denver Andre Miller, Nene, Earl Watson, Earl Boykins

Minnesota Wally Szczerbiak, Trenton Hassell

Dallas Josh Howard, Devin Harris

Seattle Vladimir Radmanovic, Rashard Lewis, Flip Murray

Chicago Luol Deng, Chris Duhon

Sacramento Peja Stojakovic

Cleveland Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Hughes

Philadelphia Samuel Dalembert, Kyle Korver, Andre Iguodala

Reply #61723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ilgauskas is definately not a trade...

C'mon he's one of the best centres now!

I heard on ESPN alot of good stuff about him.

HIM being traded? NOT LIKLEY!

Reply #61727 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anyone and everyone can be traded, so what if he's one of the best centre's. Shaq got traded, Kareem got traded etc etc. Maybe the Pacers will demand Z as part of the trade.

If I were the Pacers I'd be going after Howard or Iggy. Iggy is a younger Artest minus the brain explosions, and Howard is a one of the better up and coming SF/SG in the league.

Reply #61748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq WANTED to get traded!!!
Karren WANTED to get traded!

GGGGGGGGEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Reply #61762 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Most of these trades are rubbish, especially the philli one - a decent centre, one of the leagues best dunkers and 3 point shooters for Artest. And i doubt AI would wont to play with artest. The only ones that seem realistic are the Chicago, Sacremento and LAL deals.

Reply #61783 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The trades ain't proposed packages, they are player names that could be targeted by the Pacers and would work with Artests price. Some players don't work like Dalembert, he's a BYC so trading him to pretty much mission impossible.

Reply #61787 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

What makes the Lakers want him

No way would i trade Odom for Artest

With our lack of height and big man depth, atleast Odom can swing from SF to PF

What can Artest swing too?.....SG, and for what when we got the best SG in the league

Reply #61813 | Report this post

here's a news flash, kobe isn't the best SG in the league.

Reply #61819 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Artest can most definately swing, he swings a lot of left and right hooks.....

Reply #61823 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Who is then Gorilla?????

Reply #61878 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

artest for al harrington done deal.

Reply #61892 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

hmmm then let him play for Atlanta for a few games - realise how much they suck and start another fight out of frustration. Suspended for life so the Hawks again get buggerall for a trade and end up worse off than when they started!

Sweet - make it happen!

Reply #61895 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

u put alot thought into that statman. oi statman dig a hole. stoudamire johnson artest williams zaza. perfect fit artest is. we got shooters in jj and salim and defence from artest post player in marvin and zaza as the banger.

Reply #61897 | Report this post

who knows who's the best sg. Manu? Wade? Certainly not kobe... his team wouldn't be 8th in his conference if he was.

Reply #61898 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

What a ridiculous comment to make

Im asking YOU who is better than Kobe at the SG position, regardless of record or standings

You cant even answer that

Reply #61900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think i can!

Kobe RARELY passes off. He took an average of 30 shots per game for the past 6 games. (From ESPN)

Now is that helping other team mates??? No possible way!

He hardly got any in anyway. Not even an average of 45%

He doesn't have Shaq to rebound so PASS the ball and make team mates better. Then Kobe, Jackson and the rest of LAL will be a better team.

Kobe the best SG? Not likley! With that percentage i would want to trade him, but they have no one else better so they would have to keep him.

Kobe could pass to
Mihm,Odom and many MORE players!

Kobe is NOT the best SG in th NBA!

Reply #61927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and...

Twenty Four, your right!

Those trades are absoulute.....

i won't go further

Reply #61928 | Report this post

Boost  
Years ago

why would indiana accept a trade for harrington? wasnt he on their list up to two years ago? that would be hte stupidest move ever - mind u if isiah was in charge it just mite happen..

Reply #61931 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

If Artest went to Atlanta he still wouldn't be happy, as you said Cheeze you already have shooters in JJ & Salim + more and Artest who wants to be traded to be MORE of an offensive player. Doubt Atlanta will trade for him.

Reply #61935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone please tell me the name of the new nbl team?

(in the Announcement topic)

Reply #61936 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

My fave trade option for Ron:

Pacers get : Lamar Odom and Earl Watson
Lakers get : Ron Artest and Andre Miller
Nuggets get : Jamaal Tinsley, Chris Mihm and either Scot Pollard or Jonathon Bender

Nugs get a running PG and some more bigs.
Lakers get 2 players who should fit reasonably well in the triangle.
Pacers get the likely the best talent replacement for Artest and sort out their PG situation.

Reply #61946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mark who are so right!

Reply #61949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a kobe bryant def is the best SG...i mean mcgrady is grate but look at his team...wade is also grate but they hve basically the same record as the lakers... sooo u cant base a teams performance on who is the greatest SG..kobe wins by far

Reply #62149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754