kb
Years ago

LAST NIGHT'S PICK-UP

ballers, you'll have to forgive me if i'm not my usual enthusiastic self. it's been a tough weekend. we (the academy) went down and the sixers & fellas as well. not to mention, "da wood" missing out on the last playoff spot to slappy's flames. to top that off, the pick-up action was "HOTTER" than "HOT" last night.......literally!! everyone's batteries were drained due to the heat. i grew up playing in that kind of heat......but damn, that was quite a few years ago. our numbers were okay, not as good as i thought they would be after last weekend. nevertheless, i'll see you slackers next weekend. same pick-up time, same pick-up place. different out...... POWER TO THE INVENTOR OF THE AIR CONDITIONER!!!

Topic #5426 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Go the Panthers!

Reply #61632 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Did they have an air conditioner at Wayville?

I know my local rec centre does but refuses to chuck it on.

Reply #61638 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

kb, move the pick-up UP to starplex, thats where the real action is (not to mention the air-con ;))-its like a fridge in there....

Reply #61691 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

double clutch, it's probably the same situation at wayville. but in defense of wayville and other venues.....we all know how expensive "chucking on the AC" can get.

besides, we don't need it at pick-up anyway.

balling in that type of heat..........or just standing is one of the best ways to burn off some calories and build mental toughness.

you've really got to focus when you're having difficulty breathing and your skin is peeling off.

Reply #61716 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

is that you hustle-man? BLOODY PANTHERS!!!

you guys have totally ruined what would have been an awesome weekend. it ain't over!

anyway......good luck in the playoffs.

Reply #61718 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Cheers KB.

Reply #61731 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754