me
Years ago

dome issues from Saturday

A couple of things, that were an issue as a fan from Saturday.

1) The "you suck" music .. this was running late each time, to the point that some in the crowd were yelling you suck while we were scoring!!!

2) the lack of loud "drum driven" music to encourage the clapping etc. again ..i like the DE-FENSE work by the mic man..but not every time please..we end up with the crowd noise split.

3) we sit in the north eastern corner most times...and we watched what apeared to be some significant problems within the corporate boxes, seemed some inebriated guys were giving a lady some trouble..what worried me was that the security guys didnt seem to handle it...and when the game was over they seemed more interested in getting on the court and standing around..than looking after the lady, who looked quite upset...security may need a review?

Topic #5432 | Report this topic

old shool hoopsta  
Years ago

I think those same guys were out the front of the stadium after the game abusing people as they went past with security doing nothing about it.

Reply #61653 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Regarding the "you suck" chant, the club has, as I understand it, tried to get the chant focused on the opposition rather than the referees. Unfortunately when the visitors have done something wrong, it's usually when they're in defense and we're about to shoot free throws or in-bound the ball.

I like the track and a chant because it involves the crowd, but I wonder if it couldn't be "SIXERS" instead of "YOU SUCK". My girlfriend was yelling out "GREAT JOB" in its place. Haha.

Get "SIXERS" or "DEFENSE" in there and it could be a bit more anthemic and useful in a couple more situations than being directed at the refs.

Or another one would be to replace the country boy song for Rees' entrace with the chant of "REESY". That'd fire him up, surely?

Reply #61659 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I saw those guys too, they were about 4 metres from where i sit .

Their behaviour was pretty ordinary for most of the night , until the 3rd qtr when "the lady" turned around and told them to settle down. Big mistake IMO , they did not take kindly to that and taunted her for a few mins.
She later called security over, and they did nothing the first time.

Then when the game got a bit heated one of the idiots ran over to the advertising panels and nearly knocked it onto the court ! Then security woke up and asked 3 of the 7-8 guys to leave. They were the smaller "younger" of the group. The others told the chief of security to F off and the stand-off began. It went something like this:

Security Guy With No Neck " Oy mate you guys are being asked to leave"

Burly,rowdy spectator " oy mate , im not going anywhere. Theres 2.21 on the clock piss OFF"

Security Guy With No Neck gets on walkie talky , another Security Guy comes over " oy mate you guys are outta here, get up now or we'll move you"

Burly ,rowdy spectator " Im not moving mate , F-OFF get her (the lady) out of here, she's the problem "

The game finished and someone in the group threw a drink at the lady ( i did not see who, only the result) and security are back on the court as if nothing has happened. Pretty piss poor.

These guys probably deserved to be booted much earlier than some of them were, as one of them was obviously trying to get on FOX with his t-shirt " BIGGEST C*NT in ADELAIDE" , which security made him remove just before the first break.

Many Black Douglas? Cans later - the incident alluded to above !

The most disappointing thing for me was that i knew a couple of the guys sitting there (not the main protagonists, these guys are active members of the basketball community from one club ) and they let this crap go on.

I ended up watching more of the incident in the last 3-4 mins of the game than the action on court . Which is sad.

Reply #61660 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Did someone boob throw a bottle onto the court when the fight broke out (between Roberts and Rees)

Reply #61662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the cup seem to came from the end of court to the northern side of the "cheersquad"

Reply #61672 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

"fans" who are asked to leave for behavioural issues and refuse should be banned. Security were between a rock and a hard spot as to force the issue would have started a brawl BUT by not resolving it to the satisfaction of patrons around will not encourage bums on seats. Immediate ban for the persons failing to comply with instructions is required.

Reply #61706 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

there was a plastic cup thrown toward the court, it didnt quite make the court, but landed on the floor, it was thrown from the Nth Eastern corner where we sit, but didnt see who threw it.

the "owners" of the corporate box, should be held responsible for the behaviour of their guests, although i have since heard that the trouble makers DID NOT HAVE CORPORATE TICKETS...if so why were they allowed to sit there. If the lady has been assaulted (drink thrown on her) then the sixers may have some real problems on their hands, as from what i saw the security people left her with no assistance or protection from these idiots.

Reply #61710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of the trouble makers were intoxicated by alcohol, perhaps in future the bar's should be more vigilant to whom they serve it to.

And the second point is, once you are in side the stadium many people, if they see free seats available move to them. It is not like you will get your ticket checked while you are watching the game.

Reply #61724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but the drummers were good weren't they???

Reply #61725 | Report this post

J-Train  
Years ago

Boys will be boys!

Reply #61882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great excuse J Train! Is that your common defence for being a wanker and generally offensive?

Reply #61885 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

That & the always reliable "they were drunk" excuse. Couple those two together & you've got a rock-solid defence.

Reply #61911 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

We'll be back in a moment with Judge Judy

Reply #61913 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

hopefully sixers management are acting and a)apologising to the lady concerned and b)banning the person(s) involved. The silence is deafening. btw what is the legalities of the security personnel manhandling such persons to leave the stage and at what point would they involved police and the person involved be facing disorderly behaviour or some similar police offence. Is there a "fail to leave public arena when lawfully requested by management" charge???

Reply #61920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flatshot

Quick summary of liquor licencing powers for you:-

The Liquor Licencing Act allows a Licensee (including security guards)to use reasonable force to remove someone who is guilty is intoxicated or behaving in an offensive or disorderly manner. If the police are called, they must remove a person at the request of the licensee.

Any person so removed from a premises can not return within 24 hours.

The act also allows a licensee to bar a person from entering the premises in the future.

It is unlawful to serve alcohol to someone who is already 'intoxicated' - although for obvious reasons that is hard to police. The fine for this to the Licencee can be up to $20,000.

A proprietor owes a duty of care to any person on its premises. So a failure to exercise its powers under the act may leave a licensee liable in negligence to any person assaulted/abused.

Can't comment on what happened on Saturday night as I was on the other side of the stadium and didn't see it, but it sounds like the security guards were not really doing what they were paid for. Stadium needs to look at the issue, because there are considerable legal ramifications for not taking the liquor licencing provisions seriously.

Reply #61929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone please tell me the name and info on the new NBL team?

post it on the announcment topic

Reply #61937 | Report this post

Life is short - play hard

Reply #62005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754