Vangrumpy
Years ago

Which Van Gundy has resigned? Stan or Jeff?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2256435

Topic #5434 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Its Stan, and Pat Riley is back to take over the reigns in Miami

Stan Van Gundy Resigns as Heat Coach
Ira Winderman and Keven Lerner of THE SUN-SENTINEL write, "Two years after stepping down as Heat coach, team president Pat Riley is resuming the position. Riley takes over for Stan Van Gundy, who said he resigned for personal reasons

Reply #61704 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think he was pressured into giving up the job. Riley has been sitting in the back docks since the start of the season just biding his time.

Reply #61705 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more! Amazing timing now that Shaq is back too - results should now start to go the Heats way which will make Riley look like the saviour and Van Gundy a chump. Disappointing really as I thought Stan did a reasonable job and nearly got the team to the finals last year

Reply #61707 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This happened a little quicker than I expected. I was going to say All-Star game before Riles took over the reigns, not 20 games into the season.

Reply #61719 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What were the odds given at the start of the season for this happening? I remember that we had a thread about it somewhere.

Reply #61735 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Yeah , where is that thread Isaac ?

Anyone ?

Which coach would be gone first !

Slick Haired Gordon Gecko is back !!

Reply #61738 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First Coach Replaced odds, courtesy of Dunkenstein back in October.

SVG was paying $15!

TR, m dizzle and TC all tipped SVG, especially m dizzle:

stan van gundy - pat riley will take over

Reply #61741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754