Ben S
Years ago

Funny Tell me about BASA

Hi all...

I'm a postgraduate UniSA student, looking for some information on the BASA organization and the facilities it owns and/or manages. I've read some posts people have entered recently and I'm encouraged by the discussions related to change within BASA, potential mergers between district clubs, and the management of specific facilities and venues.

I'm interested in finding out more about how the basketball community see BASA as an organization, and in particular:
- its organizational structure,
- the main stakeholder groups, and
- their relationship(s) with facilities/venues in SA

I will be contacting BASA for much of the same, but from what I can gather from the forum, input from community users will be just as useful. I'll be taking a subjective approach, but your opinions are welcome... any input would be appreciated...

thanks (and thanks again Isaac)

Ben S

Topic #544 | Report this topic

Omar  
Years ago

Looks like you got heaps of information so far. doubt anyone would want to comment on basa and how they run...most people wouldnt even know!

Reply #5010 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

basa is made up of 10 member clubs
centrals
west
north
sturt
norwood
woodville
forestville
southern
south

oops with the nct / adel merger make that 9.

each club has representatives to the junior and senior committees and on each committee there are 3 positions which make up the executive, president or chairman, vice chairman and secretary.

the presidents also have a committee that meets and there is also a board of which members i believe can't not be affliated to a club.

all clubs therefore have a vote on committees and eastern are invovled as well but i don't think they have voting rights yet.

relationships with venues and the basketballing public in general is a little bit harder to define but also really differs from person to person and how long their involvement and whether they have seen good or bad.

on the whole i believe basa does an good job on limited means. like in clubs far to few people to do too much. which means at times it falls a bit short of the mark on what it is trying to achieve or what should be acheived.

hope this helps

Reply #7180 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

has im the only unknonw get ur own name

Reply #7184 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

unknown my bad

Reply #7185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754