Isaac
Years ago

Anstey sooks re Tucker Non-Star

"Although he is a teammate, I am being very unbiased when I ask, how the hell could Rashad Tucker miss out on the All-Star Game?" Anstey wrote on his website. "It is a joke."
The Tigers already have three players in the game (Anstey, McDonald and Thomas), yet Melbourne want more.

When Anstey calls Tucker's absence "a joke" he is criticising the fans of the league and especially those of his own team, and also the media.

The players picked ahead of Tucker for the World bench, in some cases to ensure that every team has a representative, are:

Mike Helms - Guard (Hunter Pirates)
Willie Farley - Guard (Adelaide 36ers)
Brant Bailey - Forward (New Zealand Breakers)
Adam Ballinger - Forward (Wollongong Hawks)
Rolan Roberts - Centre (Sydney Kings)

Tucker features in the top ten of only two NBL categories: 4.5 assists per game, but is the least reliable ball handler in the league with 4.2 turnovers per game - an APT ratio of barely over 1.

Topic #5444 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anstey needs to shut up . He is all about whinging and getting unwelcome publicity for his team. The Gaze's perhaps need to step in and tell him how to behave and be a little more media savvy.
Tucker is a good athlete, and a reasonable player in this league at best, as an import he is nothing too special IMO.

Memorable Anstey moments for dummy spits anyone ?
My favourite was watching him lose it at the POWERHOUSE a few years ago when Mark Davis roughed him up going for a rebound. Anstey looked like he'd cry and had to be consoled by boy Goorj !!

Reply #61837 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Pansy thats all he is

Reply #61844 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Reply #61851 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

As much as i hate Anstey.....he is right

Cmon Guys.......Brant Bailey!!!

Tucker 1 one 1 would shit all over him

Being a Perth Fan....i hate to see this guy go....in the open floor he has mad skills

There is NO DOUBT he should be a ALL Star

Reply #61888 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

1st of all Bailey CAN play . Google him.

2nd , remember each team must be represented in the All Star game.

C'mon Fez think about it.

Reply #61893 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Tell me why a Team who is bottom of the ladder with 3 wins should have ANY representative in a All Star Game

Brant Bailey

18.3ppg, 6.0reb, 2.0 ass

Rashard Tucker

15.3ppg, 7.3reb, 5.0 ass

Cmon Skyhook.....look at the numbers

Tucker is a standout over Bailey

Its only the NBL's shit rule of every team being represented thats keeping the best players out of a All-Star game......which in the long run RIPS off the FANS of the game

Reply #61896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team having a player is bloody ridiculous, Bailey and McGregor???
Unless the guy is a stud from a shitty team, ala Abney, he just should not get in!
Tucker is DEFINATELY someone that should be in an all-star game!

Reply #61899 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

with your stats fez you forgot to add in the shitloads of turnovers a game tuckers has something like 5ppg i believe

Reply #61903 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thanks Thomo. True.

FeZ,

You wanna see Tucker do some big jams on the break - ok , but if he cant pass the ball around or dribble thru defenders without coughing it up, then what good is he ?

Reply #61925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wanna see anstey slam dunk his dummy....slam it before you spit it Chris

Reply #61941 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Tucker can have Anstey's spot, fine by me.

Reply #61999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player from every team. Thats OK, just change the name of the game.
Not Allstar game just ALLgame.

Reply #62019 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I still think Brant Bailey is better than Scott McGregor....

Reply #62240 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Skyhook........i think if you look at the league leaders in turnovers, you will actually see Brant Bailey at the head of the table

And i do believe Tucker would have the ball in his hand more times than Bailey would

Reply #62255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754