Anonymous
Years ago

Why the Dragons will have a future!

News is that there will be Southern Dragons as the name for the new victorian club!
Old, yep

But, will they do better than any other victorian team that ended up folding?

Yes!

Victoria has been known for that and you could blame the league a bit for not helping but mainly they just don't get the crowds or they waste money!

Who has folded from Vic?

St.Kilda
Geelong
Tiitans
Victoria Giants
North Melbourne Giants
South Melbourne

The Giants played at an arena that could only fit 1000 people! The dragons will play at Vodaphone Arena, the best place to play! 10,000 people! Having the owner coach and son playing was stupid, they could hardly play or coach. They took buses rather thanm flying, they didn't use there full budget. They needed frequent flying points to get axed Rychart to Adelaide. They offered low salaries and could hardly even get a 1000 people to support!

Budget, Budget, Budget NOT a good idea!

Vodaphone Arena, scouting for a really good coach and import!

Cowan, youv'e made a team that could have more support than melbourne and maybe even seeing championships soon, similar to Sydney.

But, there will only be one team that has succeeded better than anyone else and that would be the General's men, i mean the Adelaide Puremilk Sixers

Topic #5452 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I thought it was Puramilk?

Reply #61940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heard they are going to be red and black - clash with the Tigers????? surely not

Reply #61943 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

erm, the Titans played at Vodafone, with a top coach and roster and folded after a few seasons.

I think playing at Vodafone is a mistake. It is very expensive to rent, has virtually no atmosphere and is fairly central to the city, limiting the extent to which the Dragons can be 'southern'.

Reply #61945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your right da PURA MILK SIXERS!

SORRY PEOPLES!

what is the of the NBL teams, can anyone say they DEFINATELY know it?

Vodaphone Arena WILL be GOOD!

Reply #61947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blue and black

Reply #61948 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The "Southern" bit is in relation to Victoria, not South Melbourne, so Vodaphone's central location isn't a concern from that standpoint.

The Giants actually played in a stadium which held 2,200. They only reached that figure once, for the 36ers rematch after Catt got suspended. The initial match only had 947 people at the game.

Reply #61950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the sixers should return to there original uniform colour. White as an away uniform is a true Adelaide colour.

Reply #61951 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"what is the of the NBL teams, can anyone say they DEFINATELY know it?"

I'm afraid I can't definitely say but I'm pretty sure.

Reply #61954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754