Anonymous
Years ago

BASAs Corporate Box

I am not sure if people will agree with me or slam me for saying this, but here goes.

I do not think that the BASA CEO and other board members should have their own box. Why do I think this? BASA are in so much debt at the moment and the amount keeps growing and growing. I recently spoke to Rachael from the sixers about hiring a box for the rest of the season and was told that there might be one avaliable for 2 games.

Why wouldn't they offer BASA's box?

It just doesn't make sense to me that they would do this as I'm sure they could have seats anywhere in the stadium. Plus the fact that the SIXERS board have decided to start paying themselves again, don't you think that BASA/SIXERS could find more qualified people that would be willing to sit on the board for no pay? The kind of people that want to see SA Basketball get out of debt?

If BASA think they have it hard now making money, wait until next year after the world cup when the A league will be huge.

It's time for a change as we know it for Baketball in SA.

Topic #5473 | Report this topic

BLAZER  
Years ago

possibly incorporated into the package or employment contract. may have been a factor with securing employment of particular individual(s).

Reply #62099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously it's never occured to someone as short sighted as you that the box may not be there simply for the pleasures of the Basketball SA Staff.

Reply #62101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PR PR PR you don't see BASA or Basketball SA staff sitting in the box

Reply #62103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes you do, all of the BASA people are up there. I would have thought Rick Burton may of been in there, but no.

Reply #62110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rick Burton was in the BASA box for part of the Sydney game. I saw him talking to Di Campbell

Reply #62112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's generally used for "wining & dining" the high-rolling sponsors or to try & sweeten up potentials.... or dignitaries etc. someone from the organisation has to be there as "host" and luckily it gets to be some employees...

Reply #62115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754