Anonymous
Years ago

RIP Barb Dunn(Schlink)

Most people know, know of or have heard of Barb Dunn (Schlink).

Noarlunga City Tigers stalwart, scoretable and stats official for too many games to count, including at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. She was a wonderful volunteer taking on numerous roles within the Club.

Barb was tragically killed in a car accident on Sunday morning.

Our thoughts are with her family at this hard time.

Topic #5507 | Report this topic

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

I had the pleasure of knowing Barb for many years first as a fellow scoretable official later as a great stats person.

I was very fortunate to travel with Barb and stay with her in Sydney for the Test Event in June 2000, and for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

We drove to Sydney of the Olympics and it was a fun filled trip my Olympic experience was so enriched by having Barb at my side.

She excelled at the Games and worked the Gold Medal Men's - she was an incredible lady - she gave so much to so many and never said never.

Her love of basketball was only second to her children Kira, Jason and Ryan my thoughts are with them.

RIP Barb

Reply #62397 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I was fortunate enough to be part of Barb's team at her workplace and sincerely say that she will be dearly missed by all.

Reply #62410 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

To Jason and his family, sorry to hear about your Mum mate, my thoughts are with you.
Jason Baylis

Reply #62432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always smiling, never complaining, Barb was everything a Club volunteer should be....absolutely supportive of her kids, but never to the point where it influenced her decision-making or input at Committee level.

Mt deepest sympathy to Kira, Jason and Ryan

Bill Hopkins

Reply #62719 | Report this post

Kira Schlink  
Years ago

Thankyou you all for such nice words.

Mum was so proud of her work she did with the basketball community, and will be sorely missed.

Kira xx

Reply #63203 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

Jason and the family,
As a NCT junior and senior player i new Barb well and i am deeply sadened by the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time....
Ryan Meakin

Reply #63351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754