Doctor E
Years ago

Will we miss out on Schenscher?

He's made it pretty clear in several interviews that the 36ers would be his number 1 choice if he ever comes to the NBL, but I fear we will be beaten to his signature by the Dragons who are already well advanced in negotiations with him.

According to an article on the Dragons site Cowan seems very confident with comments such as:

"We know Luke's excited about the prospect of playing with the Dragons and it's really just a matter of coming to an agreement that's acceptable to both parties," said Cowan.

http://www.southdragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=33

Come on Sixers, act now. We can't wait until the offseason. He would be ideal for us given our weakness at centre.

I fear we will miss out on yet another quality player that has some interest in playing for the 36ers.

Topic #5544 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Will Schensh be a 10 now that he has played in the D league? Or is he still classed as a rookie like Worthington this year?

Reply #62920 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Wouldn't be the first time 36ers have missed exciting local talent.

Reply #62922 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Where would the Sixers get the money if he's not classified as a rookie? There are six unsigned players and Dusty is the only one of that bunch costing all that much. The club are looking to re-sign Dusty and Oscar, and would want to retain Nash you'd think, so that leaves Cooper, Rees and Hambour. Even if you got him for a rookie wage and promised more down the track, who would they offload two years later to get him in at that higher pay rate?

I'm not optimistic.

How's Sam Harris doing?

Reply #62923 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Worthington would be worth a three under the rookie clause

"Rookies (b) An Australian returning to any NBL Club after two years in the US College system (NCAA) is rated 3 Points"

Kent, I think your right, Schenscer would be a ten...

"Overseas Returning Players: (1) Players returning from overseas shall be rated according to the following:

b) If the player returns to play in the NBL after more than one season overseas, he returns as a 10-point player to any club, including the club he was with prior to leaving. This rating exists regardless of league played in or amount of court time said player was receiving but can be reviewed by the Points Appeal Panel (see below) at the Commissioner's discretion.

Commissioner's discretions!!! We are in trouble.........

Reply #62925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"commissioner's discretion" meaning Luke would be a 3 for the Dragons, but a 10 for the 6ers!

Reply #62928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Ingles will be the next player the sixers miss out on and Ryan Kerstan after that, guys wont go to places the wont get developed or get playing time!

Reply #62931 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i think J-ingles is already signed for next season.

Wasn't that rumoured on here several months ago?

Reply #62933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, joe has ordered his knitting needles and wool already, to join hambour making seat warming covers for the team

Reply #62946 | Report this post

Bosco  
Years ago

No signiture on any paper plus every other team in the comp wanting him means he can still decide where is best for him, and thats not Adelaide, even thoughn i would love to see him in sixer blue. He needs to have further development and a chance to play!

Reply #62955 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Luke would be 10 pts

Reply #62958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you'll find Dodman for Rees and Ingles for Hambour. However Dodman is still a while away from the sixers so watch for Rees to pick another one year.

Reply #62959 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dragons closer to Schenscher NBL signing

The Dragons are believed to have Schenscher's signature on a pre-contract agreement, with Cowan admitting he hoped to have Schenscher's signing confirmed in coming weeks.

"We know Luke's excited about the prospect of playing with the Dragons and it's really just a matter of coming to an agreement that's acceptable to both parties," Cowan said.

Reply #62970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, i don't think we will get Shenscher ever...

Adelaide seems to lose or not get players...

Boodnikoff
Wheeler both born in Adelaide

Mee left, Rose gone, Bradtke gone, Stiff chose the Tigers instead of Adelaide, also played in Adelaide for several years. Rille played for us, now the captain of the crocs.

SEE!

The only player we have successfuly kept is MAHER!

I hope Forman and Holmes stay with the Sixers, and also that NG comes back!

Reply #63006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh, and i forgot Cattalini left us and did Ronaldson ever play for Adelaide?

And Rodgers was too cheap to return to Adelaide

...CHEAP SKATE!

Reply #63007 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

would you want tony's fat ass?

Reply #63045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is clearly too tall and plays in the paint too much for the Sixers, unless he shows the normal allergy to physical contact and is content to just shoot perimeter jumpers then let him play on another baketball team as opposed to the Adelaide ThunderbirdSixers

Reply #63139 | Report this post

cheezebuger  
Years ago

phil wouldnt be interested in a 7 footer who can rebound and score and block shots.

Reply #63147 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

It's a difficult issue isn't it.

As much as Schenscher should be our number 1 target given our problems in the middle, we clearly don't have the dollars that the Dragons have to throw at him.

According to the Victorian media, Schenscher has all but signed with the Dragons (with NBA out clause) making the argument moot in any event.

The big question is how long Schenscher will play NBL anyway. You'd have to think he will only be here for a season or two at most before going to Europe or cracking an NBA roster.

Newley and Schenscher are two the 36ers never should have missed out on but having said that, I can't see either of them playing many seasons in the NBL throughout their careers.

Reply #63152 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Must've been living under a rock but I only just saw the article:

http://www.southdragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=33

"We know Luke's excited about the prospect of playing with the Dragons and it's really just a matter of coming to an agreement that's acceptable to both parties," said Cowan.

If he plays for them, I'll bloody spew. How can this happen to a boy from Hope Forest? C'mon Sixers - this just isn't funny any more.

Reply #64247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti Nagy stated on Talking Hoops on Tuesday night that in speaking to our coaches within the last week that they or the club had not even contacted Schenscher!
I find this absolutely beyond belief.

Reply #64257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

welcome to the world of smyth/brehney Moses, I am no surprised. in fact I would have been surprised to hear that they had actively pursued him.

Reply #64259 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well, let me be the first to say they should go ..... or at least have the player side of things handled by a GM or someone in administration. This is unblvbl.

Reply #64261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Say hello to Paul Rees for a bit longer kids...

Reply #64268 | Report this post

Years ago

Pure insanity that the Sixers would let a 7'1" local slip through their fingers so easily, especially when they're in such need of size in the middle. Even if they would be strapped for the cash to sign him, they could at least make Luke an offer. He might just consider less cash for the chance to play in his home state.

Reply #64273 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

What was funny is that Maher said before Boti got on that he had been told that they had been actively talking to Luke! It went very quite when Boti said they hadn't.

Reply #64295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word on the street is that Jordan Doddman wil replace Rees in the 10 next season. Apparently he has been tearing it up at trainings. Not bad for a 17 year old...

Reply #64455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not what i heard but heres hoping!!

Reply #64465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754