wak
Years ago

Kings vs Someone, but it's not the Sixers!

This is not a typo...
Kings 42 vs Sixers 19
FIRST QUARTER!
No Maher?

Topic #5577 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher is injured, hammy i think

Reply #63028 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

think the team is playing like a Conroy's hammy

Reply #63034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree, maybe we should destroy the team like they did to the ham?

Reply #63040 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For the Kings, Crosswhite (and end-of-the-bench Carter) is the only one without a point to his name. For the Sixers, Hill, Cooper and Hambour? 4 points from Farley?

Jacob and Nashy have respectable statlines, and that's about it.

Current 5 for the Sixers is Hill, Hambour, Forman, Rychart and Rees. Who's playing the two!?

Offensive rebound to BJ Carter!?

Hambour scores! Just Cooper to go now.

Reply #63044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both team don't have any starters on to end the half.

Reply #63048 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

I think Phil has conceded - bringing Hambour on - he doesn't even bring him on in the last 2 mins at home if we are up by 12 or more (not that that has happened much this year.....)

Reply #63050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers had Rychart, they had to have one starter on cos they only have 9 fit players

Reply #63051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the fouls...syd 9 ade 3 in 2nd. must be a bit rough!

Reply #63052 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I'll mention this now before all those people out there who can't seem to acknowledge that we are in some serious trouble: Adelaide is without one of our best players (Maher) and have a couple of others carrying injuries, and are playing a tough as hell team on the road.

That this is the exact same excuse for this type of performance that Hunter could have used last Saturday.

But they didn't have to.

Footnote: Farley, 4 points and 1 FG: what are the chances he's sooking after the three-quarter freeze-out he copped on Wednesday?

(Mod: Added some bold. Very good point.)

Reply #63053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At least we've contained Smith to 5/1/2 at the half. ;)

You'd have to guess that Bruton and Barlow have just been hitting everything, and the rest are filling the gaps.

Here we go to start the second half. Nash, Farley, Holmes, Forman and Rychart. A shooting guard and four forwards!

Down by 30. Now 41!

Reply #63054 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

down by 41..... this is terrible gosh im so anoyyed right now!

Reply #63060 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

The pricks have been hitting shots all season Isaac

Man, i hope the kings dont win it this season.......i hate them with a passion

Reply #63063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

23 to 12 foul count at 3/4 time. Does that sound like Boy Goorg sticking his fingers up or what?

Reply #63066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

105 at three quarter time, and they're running a lot of their bench with Bruton.

Hambour scores again. Sixers start the final term with Nash, Farley, Holmes, Hambour and Rychart.

Sixers go on a 6-0 run before Barlow hits 2 to have 20.

Reply #63068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Hill on the bench all the time ? Is Holmes playing PG ? or is Nash ?

Reply #63072 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Would rather Jacob taking the point than Hill.

Reply #63075 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Well shit, Jason Smith sucked, there goes my win this week for dream team.

Reply #63079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the club record loss was 45 v Wollongong away

Reply #63082 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who else had Maher in their starting five? That sucks.

Reply #63083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope somebody can find out what Farley did tonight - because with only 8 points you got to wonder what has happened recently to this great guy.

Reply #63085 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Yeah I did Isaac, thankfully not Smith as well

Reply #63086 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I had Maher too, when and how did he hurt himself?

Reply #63088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah well...Win some lose some.
Merry Xmas.

Reply #63089 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

How I feel for Jake, the only guy that busts his Moltens all game, with his scoring, rebounding, & assists has to play chump time? FFS, Willy should have been out there for the Fat Lady humiliation, not Jake. Dusty, nice score, but 0 fouls?
Our shooting from the hospital stripe (no charity from Sydney) was atrocious, but still earnt us a good portion of our points.
Last quarter soft? Kings bench play major minutes & commit only 4 fouls? Maybe that's why they're not starters.

Reply #63094 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I didn't think it could get any worse than the Hunter loss, but there you go.

Something has to be done, shoot a hostage and cut someone.

Cooper would be up there for me at the moment, as he has been absolutely useless for the past 10-12 games after being so productive last season and the first 10 games of this one. This was also why I was against signing Paul Rees again as, in the event of Cooper playing badly, Rees is no longer a viable backup at centre in the NBL. Rees has more altercations with opposition players/coaches than blocked shots this season. We are week in the middle, which wouldn't be exposed as much if Farley played ANY perimeter defence.

Good to see Holmes have what from the online scores looks like a solid game, and I'm happy to see Hambour get some playing time. He should get Cooper's minutes in the game against the Razorbacks. Dusty scored well, but only 3 rebounds!

The Kings have shot the ball really well all year from 3 point range, so you have to wonder why you would be running a lineup like Hill, Hambour, Forman, Rychart, and Rees. Of course you are going to give up three pointers!

I don't know when Maher did his hamstring, but if it was before he left you have to ask why they wouldn't take Brad Gerlach so that we had more than just 2 guards dressed for the game. Perhaps we should have asked Goorjian to borrow Luke Martin for the night!?!

Reply #63095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Cooper should have had a break instead of playing in NZ in the off-season? Is it all catching up?

Reply #63097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holmes also played in NZ and he seems to be getting better and better in the last 4-5 games.

Reply #63098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats up on nbl now.
Look at the rebounds and the turnovers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #63100 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscore is online

Farley 2-13 FG. 50% Kings, 43% Adelaide. 42%-32% from outside. We beat them from the stripe. Hurt 51-39 on the boards. They fouled more. Almost double our assists. We had 23 turnovers (Holmes 7, Hill 5, Forman 3). Beaten in every quarter.

Probably worth noting that the boards difference came from offensive rebounds alone.

FG attempts: 104-72!

Reply #63101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True. Holmes has a bit more 'meat' on him so maybe he has more stamina & energy?

Reply #63102 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Scoop wasn't the only one playing in the off season.
While your're think'n about that, backtrack a bit & ask yourself when Neon Leon had an off season break.

Reply #63103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Holmes probably has superb stamina - witness the season during which he carried Eastern. Played some serious minutes that year.

Reply #63104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it is time to give Oscar the opportunity to play SG and start Farley on the bench to come in as no 6 ?

Reply #63105 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

If you start moving Farley to the bench you might as well cut him.

The increase in turnovers over the past few games is alarming as throwing the ball away IS NOT something that Adelaide teams have historically done.

Also, given that we played most of the night with one guard plus 4 front-courters, how the f*ck do we give up 26 offensive rebounds?!?!

Reply #63106 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see if Boti can find a way to blame this on (insert ex-CEO here).

Townsville is trying to out-do us: down 36 after three.

Reply #63107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So should they cut Farley ?

Seems to me the investment is not paying off this year - but I hope he will come good again and surprise all of us .

Reply #63108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time the Sixers cut somebody during the season ?

Reply #63109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what when the season is over?

Reply #63110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what when the season is over?

Reply #63111 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Jeff Brown maybe? What was that, about 1997?

It's just such a shame with Farley as, I have always thought, one of the best things about his game was his passion and intensity. And that seems to have disappeared.

Reply #63112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Mutley , so let us hope his passion and intensity has just taken an early xmas holiday and it will return.

Reply #63113 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

i think the boys should do some team bonding, maybe go see a movie may i suggest the bad news bears !!!!!

Reply #63114 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

man with no maher i thought it would be a loss but this is shocking

not making excuses but as a whole i think the NBL schedule this year has been farked to many long trips and conjested games look at a lot of the better teams strings of losses it comes of the back of 3 games in 5 days or 4 in 7 etc.

no excuses though this one sucked

Reply #63117 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

On a positive note (God only knows we need some positives right now) the worst of the road games are out of the way. The remaining seven games of the season and particularly the 3 at home are all quite winable games. The team has to focus on winning everyone of their remaining games. A lot of confidence will be gained winning the remaining games for the finals series. As mean as this may sound, Farley needs to move out from his family for the next 2 months. The difference between last season and this season is having his family with him. If he has a job to do and family is interfering, he either moves out or re considers his position on the team. If the two aren't mixing, something has to give. By the way, I am quite prepared for all the flack that I will cop for making such a harsh statement so go ahead, fire those missiles.

Reply #63122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

many have families with them and it doesn't affect them

surely farley can combine both - he is after all doing his job

and the majority of us have our children with us and still manage to attend work and perform our tasks

Farley is not the only passenger or culprit but the most glaring one.

Forman/Cooper/Rees and to a certain extent Rychardt are not performing

The coaching is woeful, Smyth and Breheny might be a hands off coaching duo. but they need to take control of the teams destiny. they are the two who prepare the team physically and mentally for the floor.

surely it isn't rocket science and all teams had horrific road trip sequences thru the year.

Sixers ATM IMO are playing like they are the bottom team not the third. It isn't pretty and it is downright horrible to witness.

Reply #63129 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

A bit harsh to Forman in that list when played in position he has contributed well. If you paid attention you will have notice Phil using Oscar more on the interior to cover the disappointing games Cooper is putting in at the moment.

Reply #63150 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

didnt see the game last night (thank god), so its hard to judge, but the stats are simple to read Turnovers a joke, rebounding an embarrassment, the question that must be asked...is the coaching staff doing anything to solve these probs??? a couple of thoughts..
1) holmes has never been a fave of mine, but this year has changed that, is playing some serious ball and getting the results !! long live you jacob!!
2) Farley seems to have lost interest, cant afford to cut such a talent..find out what is missing and fix it coach!
3) have been a big oscar fan but he seems to have lost confidence, early year shoioting ws fantastic..now abysmal..again..coaches..help him fix it!!
4) coops not sure if hes up to it, had a great start defensively..again..looks like confidence
5) Brett..is still a legend..but maybe have a look at his games recently..shooting "appears" (coz i havent checked) way down..3 pointers not dropping?? struggling with FG's

This team seems to have a massive confidence problem..only the coach can start to fix that!!

Reply #63156 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

So Anthony if Coach Phil has been playing Forman on the interior in replace of Cooper can you explain why 6 of Oscars 7 shots were beyond the 3 point line. Just what we need our 4 n 5 men standing on the 3 point line hoping to get an open shot. Great game plan!

Reply #63232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754