known to all
Years ago

NBL All-Star Dunk Comp

Man missed the whole first quater because i fell asleep because of the dunk comp before the game

Topic #5601 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you didn't miss much the game has been boring as ... as well the standard of the whole product has fallen Yawn

Reply #63270 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

How can Sam mackinnon seriously just walk up and do a dunk taht i could do in year 11. Seriosly it was pathetic! no wonder the people in Sydney dont go to the games when the supposed best the sport can offewr is as F^%$ed as this!

As for the game - pleeeease i couldnt watch after he first 1/4 and turned on again at 3 mins to go in the fourth - my god why do we bother it was sh*&house!

Reply #63271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definately one of the worst games of bball ive seen in my life.

Also, whats with the camera work during the dunk comp?

They zoomed in too much, so you couldnt even see the players legs or how high they were getting up.

The camera work for the whole dunk comp was disgraceful.

Reply #63272 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

yes the camera work was shocking - they should have been interviewing 5 year olds in the crowd - it would have been more entertaining than the supposed dunk comp. Players such as mckinnon should realise they were there to enetertain the paying crowd not just amuse themselves and their mates!

Reply #63274 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

once again, it just proves to me that the NBL couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.... completely hopeless and it wasn't worth watching... I just hope the game wasn't televised to China and such, the NBL is a laughing stock..

Reply #63278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was televised on ESPN worldwide

the highlight of the night was the kid who lost his hands and foot in that backboard accident in perth last easter. he did the 'jumpball'

the star of the entire event.

Reply #63282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but all being said...

the winner from the Breakers was a great dunker..

had the camera work been better the extent of his jumping abilities would have been clear.

Reply #63283 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Sam McKinnon only did that walk up dunk because he had failed to register a score before that, thus as a joke that look he could actually dunk.

The guy from New Zealand was awesome, at least this year the dunk comp was won with the same moves that won an NBA dunk comp.

Can't bag his efforts.

Reply #63292 | Report this post

John Dong  
Years ago

If you thought the event organisation looked bad on tv, you should have been there...

Amateur production at best.

Reply #63294 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah the NZ guy was the only real guy that did some REAL dunk contest dunks. If Roberts had been in the final, it would have been heaps better.

Reply #63326 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

agreed Rolan said he had 3-4 others he wanted to try out but hutr himself first doh!

Reply #63665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HEY MAN MAN MAN HEY

Reply #160624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754