Kingsfan
Years ago

Poor contract negotiations

A little birdy has told me that one of your imports is looking elsewhere after a poor offer was made on thier re-negoatiation. Hrmmmmmmm =/

Topic #5618 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay, its late so i'll bite.

- Farley is mid contract.

So if your birdy is correct, its Rychart (aren't my methods of deduction genius?).

Dusty has expressed numerous times publicly (and more importantly privatly) that he is looking to live out his life here in adelaide. He has settled with a partner and isn't looking to leave (even after his playing career is over).

Now, find some other, less informed forum to stir.

Reply #63428 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

The birdy was right... but its poor form to be spreading info told in confidence.

Reply #63429 | Report this post

John Dong  
Years ago

I've been surprised that Goorjian hasn't taken a shot at Rychart before. I think he'd suit the Kings and BG well. Not a team that necessarily needs much great offensive production from the bigs, but he has proven he can easily give it if required. He's hard working, happy to play a role and do whatever is needed, and personality certainly seems to fit. I know BG has shown interest in Holmes before, but never even a whisper on the Rychart front. I guess though he's less of a fit with Knight there, and Knight is a similar 'garbage man' in many ways, albeit one who plays a larger enforcer role as well, something Dusty isn't. I mean, Knight sets his defence to almost pure violence.

Reply #63445 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

John, I couldn't agree with you more, Dusty would be great in Boy Goorj's system. (tip to Phil... a system, you know with plays, people in positions etc etc)

God, Dusty in a Kings uniform makes me shudder, more purely for the fact that it's a Kings uniform. I couldn't look at him in the same light.

Knights defence at times is 'R' rated.

Reply #63447 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Gee what a suprise and import unhappy with the first offer made to him.

A refreshing change from the usual sign the first offer that comes my way attitude that so many imports have.....

Reply #63452 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah but he almost got shafted last time so everyone has a breaking point. Hopefully the 6ers respond well, it just happens time and time again. Its like they think they can get good players for nothing just because they like the lifestyle.

Reply #63457 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

when interviewing dust he gave the impression that they were very close in getting a multi year deal done to extend him beyond next season, so to me that means there is allready something in place with him for next season here and hes just looking for extension of that

im not totally sure thats the impression i got

Cheers

Reply #63473 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said Kent! Have to keep him as a very under rated player.

Reply #63541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754