Anonymous
Years ago

Navy Seals Behavior

I think people will be interested to know that you may never see the navy seals at games again after last night - an that is not a bad thing!!!
I have it on good authority that the NBL has been told about the incidents last night and the degrading behavior that has been seen in previous weeks and has instructed them to not be present at games again.

Topic #5636 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Already covered here.

What degrading behaviour are you talking about?

Reply #63642 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

I'd still like to know what incidents these are? We sit right near the Seals and dont have a bad word to say about them. They do their best to get under the opposisions skin but it is all done in jest and they quite often get smiles back from the players. Against Hunter, Cullen kept looking over and joking back to them. The only thing we heard them say to pearce was calling him a skater boy because of his shoes.
The Seals are great for the club. They ran a BBQ before yesterdays game with all the proceeds going to the HudsonMayer Foundation. They are some of the nicest guys you could run into at the basketball.
They stood up for the cheerleaders also when some drunk yobbo across from us was yelling out sexist remarks and being a horible sleaze.
Go the Seals!

Reply #63643 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I haven't noticed anything unsavoury about their behaviour either. In fact I think they could make a bit more noise to add to the atmosphere at the Dome. Surely they would have been given guidelines as to how to behave in that position by the club.

Reply #63645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it when anon people try getting some attention claiming they "have it on good authority" that something is going to happen when like myself they know none of the facts and are just a nobody.

Reply #63647 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon why dont you email issac with who said what and im sure he will pass it on so we can deal with it because i dont remember hearing anything racial and im not saying it wasn't said

Reply #63648 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The navy Seals have made the DHD a more fun atmosphere. If the game gets a little slow usually the fellas try something to spice it up again.

This can only be a good thing and people whoare jealous or are expecting A++ enteretainment from a group who are not being paid should take their hand off it!

Reply #63663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Navy Seals are fine although the YOU SUCK! part is a little un adelaide like...

Adelaide is an educated crowd and that kind of destroys the reputation of Adelaide

Reply #63667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The You Suck chant hasn't been played for a couple of games now.

Until there is a confirmed report of a complaint against the Seals, and not just someone sitting nearby calling out, then I'd assume that the creator of this thread is the same person pushing their agenda as they've been doing all season.

Gee, I wonder who it might be?

Reply #63668 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

navy seals are doin a great job, those who make these pathetic allegations or complain about there "non" entertainment are nothing more then pathetic imbosiles,

hope ppl realise accusing someone falsely about a racial slur is defamitary (how ever you spell it) and a offence under the laws of our country

be very carefull and just because you post as anon doesnt mean you are untrackable

Reply #63672 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

You know you're doing something right when the haters come out making up allegations.

I wonder when was the last time Anon #5636 ran a BBQ for Hudson-Maher foundation, used their own time to make the game night experience better for the crowd or spend their time entertaining children with special needs at games.

Being a coward and making allegations under an anonymous post is a cruel act against guys who have done nothing but good for the club. The guys all seem like great blokes, and unless a full investigation uncovers that they did say something I can't believe they would say something of such nature.

Why not put your name to your post and what you think you actually heard, and your seat number while you're at it, seeming as you would have to be close to actually hear it. Otherwise put your race card back in your pack of "hater" cards and shut the hell up. Punk bitch.

Reply #63680 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon if u feel the need to discuss this face to face we will all be at the findon hotel around 9-9:30 tonight and we will gladly sit down over a beer(your shout) to sort this situation out.
Or if anyone else would like to shout us free drinks your welcome as well!!!

Reply #63683 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

OK quick question for everyone....

Does anyone on this forum actually know the full story of what happened?

After reading through the topics there have been lots of people complaining about the Seals and the things they do. Personally i don't have a problem with what they do, and i was just trying to figure out if all the people that are posting have any idea on the whole situation.

If people feel the need to complain and whinge about things around them they can.... BUT when people are placing blame on people when they dont know ALL the facts around it is a pretty low thing to do.

Reply #63684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I am not going to post my name at this stage.

I think the Navy Seals have awesome potential but the fact that this isnt the first indiscretion by the seals perhaps shows that there needs to be a level of control by the club that is currently lacking.

I think the Navy Seals concept is awesome and 99% of the time they are doing the right thing, its the 1% that is unfortunately going to taint them and may see the end of the concept and that will be very sad. My understanding of the racial taunt was to do with his tatoos and the tribal nature of them.

I loved the you suck chant, but I think the club was a bit worried that it breached the guidelines that the NBL has for game night. Would be great if the crowd could do it on their own, it would be better than the old umpires are wankers that we used to chant.

I personally think that the Navy Seals should be part of a larger cheer squad, perhaps we could try and recruit the crows cheer squad, supply them with a free ticket and some sponsors product in the form of Pura Milk and Coke (perhaps alcohol isnt a good idea). Give them drums, cow bells, trumpets etc and tell them to make as much noise as possible.

Reply #63685 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

LOL,

Being a loyal fan and avid Adelaide Crows season ticket holder since day 1, I can honestly say that the cheer squad is a waste of time and they are far from an inspirational lot.

The Navy Seals are also a waste of space and also far from inspirational and should be removed from the court ASAP. They act with unruly behaviour and childish antics and are only bringing the clubs image into disrepute. Who goes to the basketball or the Sixers to see grown men act the way they do. Please.

· Mooning the Brisbane Bullets, very classy
· Chanting, "where is Steven M" Vs West Sydney. Early in the season, all class shown boys
· Allegedly making racist remarks last week
· Bring the 36ers into disrepute

When is this childish behaviour going to stop, the sooner the club puts an end to this shemozzle the better?

Credit where credit is due that they have done some exceptional things for the Brett Maher foundation but sometime 1 bad thing can tarnish the image of the club.

Sorry boys, your time is nearly up. Time to start paying for your tickets again.

Reply #63689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mooning the Bullets - agreed, wasnt real classy, but the Bullets saw the funny side of it.
Chanting "where is Steven M" - what's wrong with that? - most people, apart from you obviously Joe, would see the humour in that.
ALLEGEDLY making racist remarks - exactly that, an ALLEGATION, nothing more.
Bringing the 36ers into disrepute - not likely.
Find something else to complain about.

Reply #63691 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

yeah

how about i dont

:-)

Reply #63692 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Sorry if I don't find make fun of something at someone else's expense funny, I guess I not as cool as you or your beloved Navy Seals.

Just not my sense of humour I guess.

Reply #63694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Find something else to amuse yourself Joe - like having another go at correcting KB's typos.

You are ,of course, welcome to your opinion, but to say the Seals have tarnished the club's image is a little over the top.

Reply #63697 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Thanks I didn't think I was that important that I needed a double post.

I will but for now on I will do as I please.

Don't bagg KB grammar or punctuation&..that is fine thank you. ;-)

Reply #63703 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

joe ur a dickhead for starters we definatly did not make any racial slurs about his tats so, as for childish behavior knock your mammas tit out your mouth and grow up. We are there to support OUR team,we also razz up the opposition we prefer a laugh from them then anger because there are always little kids around where we sit and we are well aware we do representthe club. A lot of time we go to the stag after the game and usally(except for worthington)have a chat with the visiting team thats how we know what we do is excepted by the other teams.

Reply #63708 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Well whoopee do what ever floats your boat fat boy.

Reply #63709 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

and you have a go at us for derogatory remarks

Reply #63711 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Have you ever grasp the concept that opposition player treat you with contempt not admiration. But why are you continually defending the action that never happened? If they didn't happen why would you have the respond in such a negative and aggressive manner

Reply #63712 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

"Derogatory remarks" are you offended at something you flaunt or prostitute off?

Wasn't that the main objective Navy Seals had to meet to be eligible?

Reply #63713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that the main criteria for being a part of the seals was to be over weight, no nothing about the game and the spirit of the game, and and to act like dickheads.
Come on 36ers, show some balls and get rid of them!!

Reply #63715 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Joe,

You obviously come from a very uninformed basketball background.

The Seals would actually be one of the tamer cheer squads around, are following in the foot steps of the now infamous Uni Loonies from Perth, or the Simon Dwight stand in NSW.

Woolongong, I beleive, also have formed their own "In your face" cheer squad, ready for launching next season (my contacts aren't 100% sure on this).

Given that there is a security officer, and generally at least one of the 6ers management standing in the visitors players race all game, and so obviously within earshot of the Seals, they would have heard these comments you and this other anonymous person allege were made.

You seem to know enough about what happened, but can't post what was said word for word, or even a general paraphrase of what was said except for some benign and broad "racial comment about tribal tattoos".

You have every right to post your opinions, but I think you need to keep in mind there are such laws as libel and slander in this country, and I think you are pushing right on the boundaries of these.

Of course, you will come back with yet another serve of vitriol for me, but who really cares.

The Seals are doing a great job (after I had some very big reservations even after the first game) and I hope booga & the rest of the boys take the slurs made against them with the grain of salt they deserve.

Reply #63718 | Report this post

PRP  
Years ago

Whilst the Posse was not there NYE, I do have a hard time believing that any of the Seals would make such a remark.

We have been sitting behind the Seals for a number of games now & never have we heard anything of this nature ever come out of one the seals.

So if it is true(& if it is then the person does deserve to go), give us some more detail. Which seal said it, what was the exact remark/remarks.

Reply #63728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Murray Magpie and pay one person to entertain more than what the whole seals do together!

Reply #63731 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They mooned a bus and chanted a few tame things at various teams (which is what they're there for) - where's the problem? Talk to a player and you'll find out that it's nothing compared to what they get on the road!

If you're going to sook about a Steve Markovic remark, go and ask Paul Rees what he might've said to Mark Worthington earlier this season - it's called trash talk, and the Seals' version has been very careful compared to the gear that's said on court.

I spoke to one of the girls today and she thought that there was someone who'd been talked to by security for making certain remarks (including some directed at the dancers, whom the Seals commonly defend as friends).

I know that #63715 has their fantasy that the Seals are simply louts, but they're fans - they follow the sport, they're involved in clubs, they've played, they're passionate. Twice now they've put in the time and effort to fundraise for the HMF, and I believe that some may have paid for sausages and/or bread out of their own pockets at some stage. Every game they take the time to come up with a banner, or other ideas (dressing up as Steve Irwin for example).

You can call it lame, or predictable, you can possibly argue that a couple of them aren't exactly healthy role models but they're more positive and enthusiastic than a lot of people around.

#63715, you don't consider yourself to be somewhat in competition with the Seals do you?

Reply #63734 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Yogee

Post # 5636 and post # 63685 were not mine so please stop casting any aspersions about what I could and could not post about what was said. I know nothing about any racial comment that was allegedly said. Hence why I said "allegedly"

My first post in the discussion was post # 63689 under the alias of Joe M

If you don't believe me please check the IP addresses or get Isaac to and you will find that don't match up. I have no reason to worry about any slander charge or defamation suit as I have not said anything that was and could be deemed as liable or malicious.

Your dead right it my option and a few negative responses should not bother anyone but it seems to.

Reply #63740 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on Joe, you cannot be serious. Your list of Seal examples was:

· Mooning the Brisbane Bullets, very classy
· Chanting, "where is Steven M" Vs West Sydney. Early in the season, all class shown boys
· Allegedly making racist remarks last week
· Bring the 36ers into disrepute
The mooning was not in front of the crowd, was a bit of mucking around, and subsequently apologised for. Chanting about Markovic is about as tame as trash talk gets. Allegedly making a remark - part of your ammunition is an anonymous post on a forum which, at this stage, contradicts information from people who sit near them, including the dancers sitting directly in front of them all game long! And then a token comment about "disrepute" which must be the mooning, again?

And you're acting surprised that one of the guys would look to defend the group from accusations?

I'd trade a mooning of a visiting team and some basic trash talk for a couple of fundraising events any day.

Case dismissed Joe, pending more solid evidence. You're now 0-2.

Reply #63761 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Joe.

Fans (supposed) such as yourself do not care for the sixers much. You are on your own here my lonely friend and when "The Man" Issac starts getting on you you know you may as well shut up.

The Seals are good for the crowd...end of story

Reply #63768 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

I don't care for the sixers because I don't enjoy a few buffoons running around acting like a bunch of gorillas? Oh my god, please don't insult my intelligence any more. I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years, good and bad. Please don't tell me I don't care about the Sixers and my family spends a great deal of money supporting this club and if it came to a choice between the Crows and Sixers&well I guess the Sixer would lose out. I guess someone will come up with a line like "the sixer don't need your support, or something like that"

Isaac did that list of things happen or not? If they did not make any racial remark against any player from the west Sydney then I apologize but I have nothing else to apologize for as I felt thee action were appalling and embarrassing to the Sixers and supporter of the club. That's my prerogative to dislike their actions.

One person pleasure is another person pain and if you enjoy the Navy Seals that's fine, enjoy them but from my seat and perspective on why I go to the Sixers, they are not that high on this list.

And I guess you could not prove that the IP address were the same on Post # 5636 and # 63685 as I don't feel the need to change or hide my alias, I will stand up and speak my mind.

Reply #63776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And I guess you could not prove that the IP address were the same...
Huh? When did I reference your IP address?

Your "list" was a mooning (yes), a Markovic chant (what about when they were needling DMac about his age - oh boy, that was horrible - hahah), an alleged remark (if someone posted allegations about you racially taunting a player, should we all credit that?!), and that's it. That's your entire list!

Yes, I'll confirm that they had a Markovic chant, that they railed Anstey for throwing the ball into Reesy's face, that they made signs about BBQing the Pigs, that they wrestled an inflatable crocodile when Townsville were in town, that they got stuck into Brannen, bought inflatable sheep for the Breakers visit, and so on. And I'll happily confirm that because it's what they're there to do. Not everyone finds it funny, but you can't please everyone.

Go and chat with them and you'll see that they're basketball fans. They talk about ideas for upcoming games, about how the team is doing, past games, etc.

Then talk to a few of the players about cheersquads here and from other clubs. Sure, they might not like being yelled at during the games on the road, but they respect the effort and enthusiasm. Every player wants bigger crowds, better atmosphere, more things like the guys in the F.A.R.L.E.Y t-shirts, the Seals, the PRP, etc. It might not be all that cool to chat in public with a hardcore fan who's wearing a rainbow afro, but it's part of the game, part of the players' jobs and it's part of sport.

Reply #63779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Navy seals are not needed. Loyal fans are.

Reply #63781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyre the same thing idiot!

Reply #63782 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Seals Not Loyal Fans? What A Stupid Statement!

Love or hate them - you cannot deny they are loyal fans

Reply #63794 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Anon # 63781

Seals are not Needed - hmm your probably correct - without them the game will no doubt go on. But having them isnt doing any great damage so why stop it? Sure they arnt to everyones taste - but neither is Coopers or a hot dog?

Why are some people slamming a group of guys who are having some fun and doing their best to add to the game night experience at the dome? Comes down to the old argument - If you dont like it ignore them!

Reply #63808 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Damm right and that's what I have done, I ignored them and hopefully they go away but when there is some place (like this) to air my displeasure do I not have the same right as everyone else to say what I feel and dislike about them just as you have the right to prase them and congratulate them?

Surly the Navy Seals are biggest enough (No pun intended) to handle a bit of criticism or negative attention from a select few?

Reply #63810 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

We are all big enough to take criticism, thats not the issue here. But when false accustaions are thrown at us they arent so easy to ignore. Espcially when we are being called racist, something that I find sickening to be labeled with.
We will continue to strive to entertain people and support the team as best we can. Sure we do get stuck into the opposition and I absolutly love it, especially when you can get right under somebodies skin and put them right off their game. 99% of the time tho, the player will just laugh at us and give us just as good back. I have personally spoken to most of the players that we have got stuck into after most of the games and they have a great laugh about it. Nearly all the banners we have made this season we have got the targeted player or team to sign after the game. (Which will all be going up for auction in 1 big lot at the end of the season with proceeds again going to the HudsonMayer Foundation) They include guys like D-Mac who we constanly nagged about his age, Trahair about his many clubs he has played for, Brannen whose banner reffered to drugs, Anstey about throwing the ball a reesy and pictured him with a massive nose, Robert Rose who was complaining he wasnt starting each week, Bailey about being so short, Goorjian about just being Goorjain and many more.
There has been the odd one who hasnt taken it so well, the best example being Melvin Thomas who lost it just by us all chanting his name. He yelled and abused us going off at half time and then only scored 1 point in the 2nd half. Id hate to have seen what would have happened had we really got stuck into him.
Its just all meant to be good fun Joe and all the anons (however many you are).
We know we arent going to please everyone all of the time but if we can please most of the people most of the time and support our team as best we can then I am happy with our job.

GO SIXERS!

PS - Is Melvin ever gonna come back to Adelaide to collect his soul?

Reply #63814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus - Joe Morgenstern is like the second coming of Yogee. He gets everyone offside with his wild claims & accusations, then digs himself deeper & deeper into his hole trying to defend himself.

Reply #63816 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I don't think a bunch of guys who get together at games and cook a BBQ for charity are likely to lower themselves to the standard of racial vilification. I saw the Navy Seals for the first time New Years Eve and although I wasn't sitting close by they certainly didn't do anything that I would be embarrassed by as a 36ers fan. They looked like they were having a great time. Good onya guys.....although it may be hard to read some of the things being written on hear about you I would ignore it (although the slanderous comments about racial discrimination are completely inappropriate without any basis)....many out there love what you bring to the game. See ya next time!

Reply #63825 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hey I resent that!!

I'm one of a kind! :)

Reply #63826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, it looks like you have a deciple Yogee!

Reply #63827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so do we know yet whether the NBL has taken action against the seals?

Reply #63908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I been informed by one of the seals it was defiently some drunk person in the crowd & not them. Perhaps skip or booga could come on & give a complete explanation of events, I don't know the perticulars.

Reply #63916 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

There was a drunk guy sitting in the corner by the Sixers race, he was yelling obscenities all game - not just at West Sydney but our own players and the cheerleaders. No action has been taken and the club has had no complaints.

So the anon that started this thread and Joe with his pointless ranting I hate to disappoint you but the Seals will be there at the next game.

Reply #63925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like an anon poster with a rumour has had it all wrong from the beginning!

Reply #63937 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Bizzy,

I may rant and rave and talk a lot of crappolla but I always have a point.

As Andy Warhol said "Everyone get their fifteen mins of fame" and I guess this is there's.

Reply #63994 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joe, I think Bizzy and the other Seals are due an apology as you referenced earlier in this thread...

Reply #63996 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Isaac,

That's fair as I did say that if they were found to have no involvement I would offer an apology.

"On behalf of well me I officially offer a hearty apology to the Navy Seal for perpetuating the rumour of their alleged involvement and any verbal comments about a racial remark made to the West Sydney player and representees. I may not like the idea about the group but that no reason to bring this up again.

I didn't start the rumour so I cannot apologize for that but I do for perpetuating it.

Not sure why Bizzy deserves any apology, unless he is a Navy Seals as well.

Reply #64000 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

yes, bizzy is a Navy Seal. He was the one dressed as a cheerleader a few weeks back :-) Sorry Biz.

Reply #64002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #64013 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im starting to wish that photo would vanish!

Reply #64014 | Report this post

Steamrolla  
Years ago

Didn't he look cute. :-)

Skip's right. We're there because we love Basketball and the 36ers are the team we prefer to support. After that we just appreciate the skill and commitment of all the NBL players.
Like Isaac said, most of us played/play basketball. Get to know us and you'll see we are just a group of sometimes big but always happy, fun loving guys. As Booga said we are usually at the Findon after each game and we are more than happy to have a drink and discuss the games with anyone that would care to join us.

Go 6ers....

Reply #64039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754