Anonymous
Years ago

King - Whingers

Why is it that whenever the Kings have a hard game they winge about the opposition. Today Smith is winging about Steven Black and that he is to arrogant and nobody likes him. To me Smith seems like a pansy that always feels he needs to degrade the oppositon when they loose or have a close game!

Topic #5683 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's known as promotion - the Kings have a return game against Brisbane in Sydney next week. It works as well. Every player the Kings have 'picked on' in the media in a lead up to a game have copped it all night from the crowd and added to the heat of the game - Rees, Dann, now Black (who already was no favourite in Sydney).

Regardless of whether you think it's fair (it is Stephen Black we're talking about), or whingeing or whatever, it's created a decent sized article in a Sydney paper along with a nice photo of the on court scrap which otherwise wouldn't have been there. Any publicity is good publicity!

Reply #64278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings are still pursuing an import. Apparently they had one due to arrive but he wasn't on the plane - bizarre. They looked at Bryant Matthews and Rosell Ellis, but there is a US$30k buy-out clause in their NBA D-League contracts and that was too much for the Kings who only need someone for 7-15 games.

Reply #64293 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I agree, and this team plays on emotion and hype. Especially their coach.

Reply #64294 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

They better get one quick to qualify for the finals

Reply #64296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has to play vs Bullets next Friday to qualify. Honestly, he only needs to be a role player. A big enough body and aggressive enough defender/rebounder. Anything else is a bonus.

Reply #64299 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

In all fairness to Smith, I personally would love to have slapped Stephen Black across the back of the head for the way he clenched his fists by his waste and screamed like a total tosser after making that big 3 in the closing minute the Bullets-Kings game.

He gets into it and has fun, at least I'll give him that.

Reply #64321 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

some how i think even if the kings new import missed the next game leaving him only six to qualify the NBL would be able to approve it on the Sydney kings clause oops i mean promotion of the game clause they have

Reply #64328 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

LOL. Good one Thomo!

Reply #64383 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Is it a deliberate ploy on the NBL's part to schedule Sydney with less games played and more to go at this late stage? This gives them the opportunity to replace an injured player and still qualify to play in the finals. If this happened to Adelaide at the same time, it would have already been too late to try and sign on a replacement player. The scheduling of games have certainly gone in Sydney's favour. They should not be given this advantage this late in the season just because they are lucky enough to still have enough games to play.

Reply #64426 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yep agreed EC

but the nbl want BB to take of in sydney big time which its not,

you know whats funny lets say West Sydney lost there import at this stage of the season somehow i dont think they would get the help of the nbl so there goes the nbls argument of benifit of the game

Reply #64431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Huh? If Adelaide had the dense run of games into the play-offs you would be saying it'd been scheduled intentionally to make us more tired by the time the finals arrived.

Open the other eye!

Reply #64453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh EC you dream and bleed the red blue and gold!

it is all a conspiracy

Reply #64457 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Yes Nostradamus Isaac, you know that's what I would have said. I was trying to point out the different positions the 2 teams are in which gives an advantage to one and not the other. A fairer solution would have been to set a deadline date rather than the number of games.

Reply #64474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What would then stop a club from bringing in a replacement, paying them to play one game before the deadline, and then sitting them so they're fired up for the finals? Or bringing in three guys (guard, forward, centre) for a single game at various points of the season, and then reactiving them depending on the opposition for a particular finals game?

I think it's the way it is for a reason.

Reply #64479 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Finding these players available for that limited number of games is what would stop the clubs. Also the fact that they have to have an injured player to start off with to be able to replace them.

Reply #64480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

injure players - where is Tonya Harding when you need her!!

Reply #64488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754