wak
Years ago

Back to the future...

Reading Sixer related posts in the past few days, and with the guys having a bye, I pose a different perspective to arguing who's to blame and who's not.

You are the Manager of the team! What are your plans for the next 2 years, then 5 years, then 10 years? List your teams (core players for years to come), the direction you've taken the club, and how.
BONUS QUESTION - same rules re the NBL and how you've contributed to the where it is at in 2, 5, then 10 years.

These are the rules - my opinions follow to start things off.

Topic #5695 | Report this topic

wak  
Years ago

Sixers -

2 years:
Schenscher, Rychart, Holmes, Forman, Maher, Hill as the core with others to fill up.

5 years:
Schenscher, Rychart, Holmes, Newley, Hill, Maher off bench, with others to fill up.

PS - Smyth takes back Boomers coaching after numerous failures by Goorjian and Heal's recommendation is laughed at.

10 years:
Maher is Coach!
Smyth is focused on Boomers alone because has achieved Boomers' highest position in Olympic Games.
Schenscher (being paid nearly that of european wage due to AFL rites $$$ upping ante in all sports), Rychart off bench, Rees dressed up as Murray Magpie shooting socks in people's faces at breaks, Newley blitzing league for past years but JUST not good enough for NBA, Hill the 'Pippen' for the team, and of course the other's to fill up.

In 10 Years :
The NBL secured FTA TV with CH9 because they lost the AFL rites and CH9 have made a fortune on the sport as it has BLOSSOMED - all that was needed was 'direction' and advertising (and no Heal!), not to mention an 'interesting ALL*STAR game. People from everywhere, even NZ, Asia, USA because the NBL has of course expanded to a 29 team league (has to be an odd # to make Finals system work, obviously orchestrated from Canada) can't get enough of this 'Reality' TV sport where there is no 'travelling'. Teams including Hawaii, , South NZ island (because the North got good picking 'old' discarded retirees like DMac), the French Polynesians (because Sydney, having been penalised for eternity for breaching the salary cap, have to be able to beat somebody), and the rest being Asian teams because they can't get enough TV (and a hole in the pocket to spend, spend, spend!).

And Rees rides into the sunset!

Reply #64395 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Oh, forgot... in 10 years Rychart is doing the Sixer's website (constantly updated and the measuring stick of sites amongst the league - the rest just blatant advertising), and the South Dragons now called the Canberra Dragons.

Go you good thing!

Reply #64399 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

And to pump up my post's stats - The Canberra Dragons, number 1 with the bullet (fired by a Cannon of course).

C'mon people, post your posts - helps with a couple of reds and smirnoffs (in moderation of course).

Reply #64400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

buy some baygon and rat traps for the vermin the domestos didn't clean up at the dome

Reply #64401 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Dream on Wak, there's nothing wrong with that.

Reply #64406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 years
schencher at dragons
newley in nba
hill our "franchise player"
dodman and ingles killing shit aswell

Reply #64407 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

if they can get the 36ers looking like this next year i would be happy.

PG:Maher/ Newley
SG:Farley/ Ingles
SF:Holmes/ Forman
PF:Dusty / Cooper
C :schencher/ and that really tall guy from hunter who has blonde hair.

if we can achieve a roster like that we might acually stand contenders for the title. just my thoughts......

Reply #64481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you wanna cut brad hill wolly?

Reply #64482 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

it was either him or newley

Reply #64483 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

not that i dont likebrad hill its just if it came down to him and newley i would pick newley

Reply #64485 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Hills gonna be a franchise player i reckon we need him long term

Reply #64499 | Report this post

mr. clutch  
Years ago

i don't see newley or schencher in the team next year and knowing adelaide's recruiting i doubt we'll have ingles either. i don't see cooper at power forward, he's not quick/good enough to gaurd some of the quicker forwards... i don't see why we have cooper in the team now

Reply #64571 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Add Rees to that. time for him to go as well.

Reply #64577 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Wolly , you want Jason Everstyn ? LOL he is hopeless..
Pull the other one !

Reply #64637 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

How about those who mock other's comments actually having a go at the theme of this thread?

Skyhook, give it go and let us all know who you'd think would fit the team.

Reply #64885 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

How about those who mock other's comments actually having a go at the theme of this thread?

Skyhook, give it go and let us all know who you'd think would fit the team.

Reply #64886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754