Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Tim Duncan is first to say no to Team USA

Tim Duncan is the first player to say no to Team USA. Jerry Colangelo has met with 15-18 players so far and only Duncan has said no.

Kobe Bryant has said yes.

Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal have said they're interested but won't confirm yet (I'd like to see them both say "yeah, but only if Kobe doesn't - ala the supposed Isaiah/Jordan situation in 1992).

Iverson has said yes.

All players will be required to be in training camps each July for the next three years, and play games against other international teams. For many players, it will be too much to ask for.

Of note, role players are being asked too. Makes you wonder who they are (I just hope Ron-Ron gets a gig!).

Topic #5708 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

I think Lebron said he would too, him and Iverson wanting to erase everyones memories of Athens.
Moses, do you know who has been asked to play yet?
And I would love to see Shaq and Wade say they will play as long as Kobe doesn't play too. You would have to go with Shaq and Wade.

Reply #64558 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

That should read,
'do you know who gas been asked to play so far?'

Reply #64559 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

paul pierce better get a shoto on that team, what more does he have to do than what he is producing at the moment.

Reply #64562 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

@ Moses & 24

"I would love to see Shaq and Wade say they will play as long as Kobe doesn't play too"

Why wouldnt you want to see Kobe in a Olympics

As far as i see it.......Kobe can atleast hit the 3....Which was Team USA's biggest problem

Whats Wades 3pt percentage this year??...... its .091% with a career of .244%

Shaq & Wade should bothe Play, but Kobe playing shouldnt turn either of em away from playing for their country

If they dont because Kobe has already agreed, i will have lost all respect for both those players

Reply #64578 | Report this post

Years ago

If they're looking for role players, they surely have to include Ben Wallace. They also have to include good team players who work hard such as Elton Brand.

Reply #64582 | Report this post

Years ago

If they're looking for role players, they surely have to include Ben Wallace. They also have to include good team players who work hard such as Elton Brand.

Reply #64583 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Fez, I'm not saying that Kobe shouldn't play, I'm just saying it would be interesting if it happened.
I agree that Kobe playing shouldn't be a problem and hopefully for basketball's sake they do all get along for the Olympics and we see the best players the USA has to offer.

Reply #64663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the US need some 3 point shooters because they will see a alot of zone defence!

Reply #64671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not sure that I like the way Duncan put it!

After the Spurs' 91-86 loss to the Suns on Saturday night, Duncan confirmed his feelings on playing for the U.S. team.

"I have no interest in that," he said.
They're putting together a quality team to try and bring some international respect back to US basketball and Duncan has "no interest in that".

Reply #64716 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Isaac, TD must be preparing for the Virgin Islands' assault on the Olympics. Of note, TD appears on the page for "international players" on the NBA's own website, yet he represented them at the Olympics.

Reminds me of my younger brother in high school, having to do a project on someone French (in French class). He chose Dominique Wilkins and he (with my help) did this great project with some super pictures cut out of the "Hoop" magazine ..... and the teacher gave him an "F" because he isn't French. Tsk tsk. Not happy, Jan. Hadn't she heard of Google back in 1988?

Anyway, reports are saying KG has said no to Team USA too.

Reply #64718 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Look at Dominique. He's still miffed at that silly French teacher, Ms Smiles. Grrrrr.

Reply #64719 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

New in 2006, Moses "HTML" Guthrie!

Reply #64728 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Dude - I read a quick tutorial last week. Slowly getting the hang of it, courtesy of someone who hosts another website earlier.

Damn - it's fun!

Reply #64821 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754