Isaac
Years ago

Funny Sixers go shark hunting

As mentioned on here a month or so ago, the Sixers head over to Port Lincoln tomorrow for a scrimmage and school clinics.

They'll be heading into the deep blue in a shark cage too, with a chance to see an 18' Great White.

The press release on the official site says that the 10th roster spot will be decided during the week, as will the development spots (11th and 12th men - long-suggested to be Hambour and Puddifoot on here).

The team returns on Monday next week before leaving on Friday for a pre-season game in New Zealand. After that, they will be playing in Cairns (probably the Blitz).

Topic #571 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Who were the youngsters going with them?

Reply #5311 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shark bait. ;)

Well, I don't know if Farley's in, but Nash and Maher are going but not playing.

So if they're taking a squad of 18, you'd probably guess:

Maher
Rychart
Holmes
Rees
Cooper
Ng
Forman
Nash

(8 so far)

Then I'd guess:

Hambour
Puddifoot
Williams
Hawkes
Bell
Gerlach
Campbell

(up to 15)

Kies?
Sutton?

I haven't been told anything, but my guesses are based on potentials for the 10th spot and those likely training with the squad.

Reply #5314 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

How could Maher be going?? The Olympics team doesnt even leave Athens till tomorrow....or did the basketball team slink back in un noticed (not suggesting Brett would have slunk - he had an awesome Games)

Reply #5320 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There is a second group flying out on Wednesday. He might be on that flight.

The Boomers may have already left Athens - I don't think the athletes have any obligation to hang around if they have other committments. The shooter, Adam Vella, has been back for almost a week.

Reply #5323 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

The 8 contracted plus Maher to go on Friday as well as:
Hambour
Puddifoot
Williams
Hawkes
Bell
Gower
Gerlach

plus 2 u20's

Sutton
Benson

plus 2 u18's

Ingles
Dodman

Thats my mail for what its worth.

Williams, Hawkes and Bell fighting for the 10th spot and the winner is .... Williams!

Reply #5324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah richard got it spot on there!

Reply #5328 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm...except there are 9 contracted....

The contracted player not going will obviously be Farley, who sources indicate should be in town about Sept 9.

Reply #5340 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Correct, my bad.

Reply #5344 | Report this post

red dog  
Years ago

i was worried that willie might have done to well in summer season but apparrently he is still coming and opted for an EARLIER flight! Maybe Swpt3 or 4.

Reply #5414 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So far the Sixers time over in Port Lincoln has been mostly taken up with school clinics.

As for the shark expedition, the guys will be going down in the cage on Sunday. If the weather is decent enough, they'll be heading out to Dangerous Reef (its real name; isn't that just asking for trouble!) to berley up for sharks. Otherwise they'll be trying closer in and without berley (which obviously limits the chance of getting the sharks around).

Meanwhile, the sharks are lining up for tickets to see Paul Rees in a wetsuit.

Reply #5713 | Report this post

i think the sqod should be
Maher
Rychart
Holmes
Rees
Cooper
Ng
Forman
Nash
Hambour
Puddifoot
Williams
Hawkes
Bell
Gerlach
Campbell
Sutton
Kies
Sullivan

Reply #5910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754