Jordan Dodman
Jordan Kies
Tom Rowe
Rory Craddock
Chris Clausen
Trent Fildes
Shannon Seebohm
Chris Molitor

Great line up, some talented players missing out which i guess highlights the strength of this team.
Expect them to do well, thoughts?

Topic #5710 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Seebohm and Ingles are obviously at the AIS. Where are each of the other guys from?

Reply #64549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is great to see that the Men State Team is picked. What about the Girls? Who hasn't got their shit together with the girls selctions etc? Or are we not have a Girls State Team?

Reply #64552 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Moses,

Lalic - Southern
Dodman - Sturt
Kies - North
Rowe - North
Craddock - West
Clausen - Centrals
Fildes - Forestville
Molitor - West

Reply #64556 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Also the girls' team should be picked in the next week or so.

Reply #64560 | Report this post

burned  
Years ago

no norwood players again!! A top 4 team in U/18 & 20s.

Reply #64602 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well burned, you tell me who should miss out from that team? It is very strong.

Reply #64605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will this state team be going to Millicent for that tournament in Feb?

Reply #64610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #64625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or better still 'burned' who from the mightly flames should have made it?

Reply #64633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

max?

Reply #64635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

instead of ?

Reply #64636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree that Max might have been unlucky to miss out but not sure who he woulkd make the team in front of. Jordy Kies maybe?

Reply #64638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordy Kies is an absolute legend great guard and i think deserves to be in the team

Reply #64654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats an all star team i think they can go all the way

Reply #64655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give me Max or Dan Zacherjack over Clausen any day

Reply #64657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have to be kidding?

just because your mates with some of these players, and they're "great blokes" doesn't automatically mean they deserve their spot.

Clausen was the besty performer (bar none) of all those selected in the ABL. Granted Ingles was at the tut, and craddock had moments, but Clausen has proven himself against tough opposition, and i think will be a star at the nationals!

Reply #64658 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Been a while since a Centrals player made State I would have thought. Well done.

Reply #64661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just becasue Norwood are a top 4 team in U18's & U20's doesn't mean they have one sinlge player good enough to mate state.

It means that team wise they are very good........

Reply #64662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anyone who wasn't at the state trials should comment on the selection. The team was picked based on the players performance at the trials...Not how the played in the ABL season last year. How do you think Shannon Hoffman made the team last year?? He doesnt even play reserves.
I think they could've selected anyone from the final squad of 14 and still have an all star team. Obviously this leaves some players with the short straw.
Personally i think max, dave and dan zac were very unlucky to miss out.. Especially max in my opinion. But it's not a matter of just picking the best players, you need a balanced team. 2 point guards, 2 shooting guards, 2 centres etc etc.

Reply #64712 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Its not always about having a balanced team. Dandenong ranges have shown many a time that you can win without having balanced teams. Dandenong have shown that a team of strong mid size player can beat a balanced team of players. I'm sure the coaches have picked the best possible team to win nationals and if that means putting noses out of joint then so be it.

Reply #64723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

okay, so now Jingles has a "reported" broken foot, who were the reserves, and who will come into the team as a replacement?

Reply #64775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Max is the best pick imo given his intensity, desire, defence, shooting and mental demeanour, unlike a couple of others I see as liabilities to the team. And no I am not Max and I am not Norwood!

Reply #64779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754