TR
Years ago

Download NBA games from Google

Looks like Google and the NBA had joined together as part of Googles new video expansion. Google is partnering up with the NBA to offer all games one day after the event for $3.95 ($US). Not sure on the quality....

Link to article http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=1480761

Here is the link for the schedule:
http://video.google.com/nba.html

Topic #5740 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Can we save the games to our comp?

The quality is about a 6.5/10, bit blurry!

Reply #64874 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No, it's not blurry, your pissed!!! it's the 52-Cans that stuffed you up

To be honest, no idea how it works.

Reply #64876 | Report this post

It probably just streams them. it would be too expensive for google to let everyone download a full game...

Reply #64904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the difference between streaming and downloading, r u not downloading it when u stream it???

Reply #64915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If downloading, you tend to download the entire video and then watch it. Streaming is when you're watching as it's downloading, usually with pauses to buffer, etc.

Streaming can (not always though) be a real pain if you want to rewind and replay something, and it's annoying if you just want to download something to watch later or take to a friend's place.

Some people might recommend using BitTorrent to download NBA games instead.

Reply #64918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually understand what the difference is, but I was trying to work out what eastern lowland gorilla wrote and why it would be less expensive to stream.

If I download a 100MB movie it will cost google 100MB, if I stream a 100MB movie it will cost google 100MB. If anything it would probably cost more for them to stream the movie cos they would need to have streaming servers (assuming microsoft) and they would have to pay licensing where as if u download it they might only need a normal web server.

Where it would be cheaper is where people would get pissed off at the stream having to buffer all the time and cancel the stream so they didnt have to stream the whole movie.

Reply #64973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Torrents would be the best way to go, noticed on demonoid the other day whilst searching for something that there must be a Raptors fan on there cos it looks like most of the Raptors games are available on demoniod.

Reply #64975 | Report this post

Yeah but who wants to watch Raptors games?

And i don't know how it works, streaming takes less bandwidth. That's why you can't download off the google video thing. or most sites. Can you imagine 10 million people downloading a 100mb movie? the bandwidth required would be insane. And that's only for one game!

Reply #65024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bittorrent is the way to go

plenty of rockets games out there

Reply #65177 | Report this post

salemsayed  
Years ago

think you

Reply #130004 | Report this post

mary  
Years ago

basketball is the best

Reply #183231 | Report this post

marko  
Years ago

im marko i live in laktasi i play basketball in igokea partizan 12 yers old like nba estern i like play basketball

Reply #205489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #230002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754