DJ
Years ago

Funny Sixers vs Wildcats Tonight - Fox + NetRadio

Last time we played them over there they killed us by 21 points.

How will the boys fair tonight? I'm tipping a win on the back of some Farley brilliance, it's time to turn it on Big Will.

Tonights game is live on Fox from 8:00pm Adelaide time or you can follow the online radio - Perth Wildcats (Home Games) 90.5 Sport FM http://www.sportfm905.com
Listen Live - http://www.sportfm905.com/live/sportfm.asx

Heres some tidbits from the Wildcats E-Newsletter

All time  Wildcats 41 Sixers 37
This venue  Wildcats 10 Sixers 6
This season  Round 1: Sixers 102 Wildcats 93 at Adelaide
Round 9: Wildcats 121 Sixers 100 at Perth
Round 14: Sixers 104 Wildcats 98 at Adelaide
Streak  Adelaide have beaten Perth in six of the past eight meetings but Perth have won eight of the past 10 in the West.

The Sixers have lost seven of their past eight road games with a two-point win at Hunter their only success. On the road, Adelaide are averaging an 8.4 point deficit with the only three teams worse off being the Crocs, Breakers and Razorbacks  the three bottom teams.

Brett Maher's 450th game will be the major milestone of this match. Maher began his career in April 1992 and his career-best games of 41 and 40 both came against the Crocodiles. Maher will be looking to improve his 24-win, 27-loss record against Perth, the club he has played against the most in his career.
Maher is soon expected to become the sixth player to connect on 1,000 career three pointers.

All time NBL 3-point makes:
1,826  Andrew Gaze
1,344  Shane Heal
1,162  Derek Rucker
1,128  Lanard Copeland
1,082  Anthony Stewart
987  Brett Maher
981  John Rillie

Rychart's production can often be overlooked, but he has scored the second-most points in the NBL in the past three seasons behind only John Rillie. For players that have played in all three seasons, Rychart's scoring average is the highest.

Most aggregate NBL points 2004-2006:
1,854  Jon Rillie (101 games) average 18.3ppg
1,834  Dusty Rychart (88 games) average 20.7ppg
1,778  Stephen Black (88 games) average 20.2 ppg
1,651  Bobby Brannen (94 games) average 17.6 ppg
1,637  CJ Bruton (93 games) average 17.6 ppg
1,617  Adam Ballinger (95 games) average 17.0 ppg
1,586  Glen Saville (95 games) average 16.7 ppg
1,502  Sam Mackinnon (99 games) average 15.2 ppg

Topic #5771 | Report this topic

panther lover  
Years ago

thanks for that info dj now i can listen to them since i dont have foxtel. GO SIXERS

Reply #65387 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Anthony Stewart? what a putds

Reply #65389 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Anyone know why Maher isn't playing in this game tonight??

Just heard on Fox Sports that he wouldn't be suiting up for the game....

Reply #65393 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything either, do we assume his hamstring is playing up again

Reply #65395 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

i would assume that as well..just hoping someone could shed some light on the situation.

With 4:50 left in 1st qtr Sixers lead 21 - 16.

Farley has 10 points

Reply #65396 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

they should have rested him that 1 more game, if he is out 2 or 3 weeks we are in real trouble. On a positive note willie has 10 points in the 1st so far with 3 mins left.

Reply #65397 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

gower is on court! maybe the rees sitting this is legit.

Reply #65398 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

34 - 24 qtr score. Adelaide in front. Great start.

Reply #65399 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

finished the qtr with 3 sraight triples. 2 to oscar and one to hill

Reply #65400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill having a good qtr with 9 points.

Reply #65401 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

at the quarter...

Sixers 34 points
Hill 9 points 1 rebound
Farley 10 points 1 assist
Cooper 3 rebounds 3 assists
Forman 6 points 1 rebound
Rychart 6 points 4 rebounds

Great start by the team...lets hope they keep it up!

Reply #65402 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he looked good last week apart from his shots not falling.

Reply #65403 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Gower made his first point of the season on some free throws

Reply #65404 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

with 5:30 left until the half the Sioxers are up 51 - 34!!!

Reply #65406 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

that should say sixers!!!

Reply #65407 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

farley 18 points
4 from six 'Beyond the Arc'

He has stepped up his game today..as well as Dusty. Good to see them covering the spread from Maher's absence

Reply #65408 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

willie has 21 so far!

Reply #65409 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

Playing with more balls than wednesday v NZ.

Let's hope they dont go to sleep in the 3rd quarter again. We are seeing more of the old Farley, and Brad Hill has stepped up nicely.

Keep it up boys!

Reply #65410 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

HALFTIME

Sixers 64 - Wildcats 47

Farley has been lighting it up on offence shooting 5/7 from beyond the arc and having a team high 24 points. His defense hasnt picked up....

Rychart is also off to a good start with 14 points and 6 rebounds. He has been going for the hard ball on the boards and it seems to be effective.

Good start by the team. Lets hope the don't hit a 3rd qtr fade-put....

Reply #65411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They played within themselves for the first time in a long time.

O made 3's, Farley took control and made open shots, aswell as tough shots, Holmes passed the ball, and took makeable shots (for him), and Dusty was Dusty.

Reply #65412 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

When they play like this they can beat any team in the league. If they play that crap that we have seen a bit too much of recently, well we all know the result of that

Reply #65413 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Well there we go, straight from Brett himself, still got a niggle in the hamstring/lower back.
We are starting to throw some silly passes now with the extended D, just need to settle down and play our game

Reply #65414 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

did he say anything about missing games, they are normally 2-3 weeks or see how they go. Hopefully they can just rest him all week or maybe play limited minutes.

Reply #65415 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Our next game is a week away, so plenty of rest and treatment and hopefully he's right to go then. He almost played tonight but thought better of it.

Reply #65417 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cool

Reply #65418 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

At least that will mean he gets to play his 450th at home hopefully. hmmm, might have to make another banner now.

Reply #65419 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just got online to check the scores. Brad Hill has 18 - nice work. And Farley finally busts out for the sort of game we've been expecting.

Take away their imports and Rono, and they're seriously struggling.

joshuapending - you say that about Gower getting on court like you doubted me! I don't make things up.

Boards are 39-36, Wildcats way, if you believe the NBL stats.

Redhage fouls out - that won't help them at all.

Reply #65420 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Farley has hit some huge 3's when needed.

Reply #65421 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Comment from Vlahov about Bailey, everytime he gets into the paint he gets 'Clubbed like a harp seal'

Reply #65422 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yes i was of little faith that that was the sole reason for him sitting. i will go find my humble pie.

Reply #65423 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In comes Hambour!

Sixers five is: Hill, Cooper, Holmes, Hambour and Gower.

Gower gets the tip-in.

Career high for Hill maybe?

Reply #65424 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

What a win! Well done guys.

Reply #65426 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

If you believe what comes out of Carfino's mouth, yeah it is a career high for Brad

Reply #65427 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

finally a great all round team game. hopefully hill get confidence, willie breaks his funk and we are back..well on the right track. just good to have a positive win.

Reply #65429 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

YEAH BABY THE SIXERS HAVE WON FINALLY AWAY FROM HOME....

and ths withought Maher. Things are looking very positve consiering our poor form of late. Farley finaly played a farley game with 37pts, Hill stepped up for 19 pts, Rychart 24pts and 14 boards, outstanding.

Come on guys everyone get down to the dome on Saturday night to see Sixers play Hunter, lets get another good crowd out at the dome.

2 more wins should seal it for us.

Reply #65430 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great game, great win, boys really stepped it up without Maher out there.

Brad Hill was superb and Big Will certainly turned it on. Coops finally grabbing a heap of boards, great team performance and hopefully gets the boys rolling for the next few games before the finals.

Reply #65431 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Oh Farley! That is why I love that man. I feel like I have been waiting all season for a "Willie Farley Game" and I saw it tonight. He was unreal! Even with Maher in the lineup, he should play with that level of aggression. We are a very good team when Farley plays highly competitively.

Reply #65433 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Farley's game is pretty much a reflection of the team game. If he struggles, the team struggles, if he lights it up, the team do well. Let's see the "real" Farley from now on and all of sudden we will become serious contenders for the grand final.

Reply #65438 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Some of those prayers he put up to beat the shot clock were unbelieveable, but his D still annoys the crap out of me.

Reply #65440 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

That was Farley of old. It reminded me of the way he played when he first hit the pine at the Powerhouse to form the Dynamic Duo with Brett

Reply #65444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was sitting at the Adelaide Oval watching a friend play cricket whilst watching live scores on my pda via the SACAs wireless network it was fantastic.

I wish I hadnt changed my tip on the Taipans v Tigers game though.

Reply #65455 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

@ Mott

his D annoys you......

WHAT D??

Reply #65476 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

I thought he did better on defence as he had to blocks and 2 steals. but between him and Brad Hill they let Bailey score 31 points which doesnt really matter in the end tho. i think Adelaide ent out there to prove a point last night and they did it.

did any1 see farleys block. it was MASSIVE! from behind too!!

Reply #65478 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/Madcat021/Vlahov.jpg

Anyone see this photo of Vlahov supposedly telling some kids to get out of his corporate seat while he was meant to be iterviewing brett?

He's so very scary!

Reply #65480 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Bailey scored 12 of his points in the last quarter and mainly from the foul line when the game was well and truly over. Nothing like garbage points to rack up some stats

Reply #65490 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

baileys the only person from that side who could hit a free throw

man that was pathetic, professional players / team should not miss that many shots

Reply #65492 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Even Carfino got excited when they got to 50% from the line

Reply #65495 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Carfinos a tool tho keefy he would get excited over a can of spam

Reply #65497 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

So true, in the first 10 seconds of the game, Perth got possession of the ball after we missed a shot - "AND HERE COME THE WILDCATS!!!!". Just about wetting his pants in the process. It was like they were about to crap all over us in the first few plays of the game.

Reply #65498 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yep, hes a bore and un original him and casey need to be replaced
imo i thought Vlahov was a good commentator he didnt try to be un bias towards the cats but he also gave good coverage on the sixers and what they where doing

good commentator and should do a lot more games,

and thank god i did not here "user friendly roll" thats enough to send a person balmy

Reply #65499 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

My wife can't stand him, thank goodness of interactive games on Wednesday nights, so one can turn the commentary off but still hear everything else happening in the game.
Yeah Vlahov did give a good call of the game and he interviewed quite well at half time and after the game too. called the game as he saw it and didn't favour his boys too much at all

Reply #65517 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

I hated the way Cafino would say P.C~ Petter Craford
J.H~ Jacob Holmes.

It was so gay!

Reply #65539 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Carfino is no doubt the worst commentator of a game

Rogers got hammered on a lay-up attempt from a Boucher pass

And Carfino calls him Ronaldson

He is a dipshit

I watched the game......and trust me Skip......i reckon that guy shit himself when Vlahov pointed to him to piss off.....LOL

Reply #65542 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

BTW......as a Wildacat supporter.....that was the Worst i have seen em play all year

Reply #65543 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754