macca
Years ago

awesome win fellas!

What a great performance by the Fellas! Defeating the Rangers at home by a mere 2 points.
Although the last qtr looked a little wobbly.
Erin surely has shown she is ready to stand up and grab that position everyone has Tully down for... I have heard through some official channels that Erin has been told that the experience of Tully and Co will tell against her in selection....
I dont know much... and I dont know the ins and outs... but surely when looking at the stats that Erin has had it all over the other players vying for her position this season? has she not?
Thanks! Just stoked to see another win on the board even though Sydney and Townsville had massive wins also v the Caps. Need just 2 more... 3 would be nice!
:)

Topic #5777 | Report this topic

ifeelsore  
Years ago

that was an awesome win. i bet most people had that one penciled in as a Dandenong win. Looking at the box score it seems Chris only used a 7 player rotation (not including Marsh who played just over 2 minutes). They must be a very fir bunch of determined girls. I agree that Phillips is having more of an impact on the league at the moment than Tully, she deserves to be in the Opals squad-very promising considering she is still so young.

Reply #65445 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Reply #65447 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

try again-fit not fir!

Reply #65448 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

tully and phillips will be the guards for commonwealth - have no fear - erin will have to play 3rd string to tully and harrower though for worlds - but that is ok - erin is young and has to earn her stripes

Reply #65451 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Na I am serious. Experience was explained as the factor. I hope that a review of it occurs and that Erins post Christmas form shows enough to make them reconsider. I hope I am eating my words!
Who is the likely 11? Will Laura and Jenny survive the cut?

Reply #65470 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

As much as I would like her to be in the team I don't think that Jenny will be picked. I think Laura will be ok though.

Reply #65506 | Report this post

wakeup  
Years ago

I don't know what games you guys have been watching but what more can erin phillips do... if you can have a look at the stats, Erin isn't just in top 10 points scored, she is in the TOP 10 for assists, steals, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds and total rebounds, oh also i forgot to mention Field goal %, Foul % and 3 pts % and still you can write that Tully deserves to be there cause Erin needs to earn her strips?.... How can you compare Tully to Erin? Tully is 33 and isnt going to be around for much longer.. Wouldnt you prefer, if you were the Opals coach, to bring on a 20 year old, even if its to sit on the bench, to gain experience. ..cause lets face it, Kingy and Tully are in their 30's and wont be there in a couple of years. Erin has the same amount to offer if not more!! Imagine what she'll be like if she gets the experience this year for the Worlds and the Olympics.. You can only get better with experience.

Reply #65548 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Totally agree 'wakeup'

Reply #65550 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

kingi is a legend - but she did not even play wnba last season, so where has she been playing ?

A grade social somewhere in the states????

seriously if she or poto is picked as a guard before tully and erin - that would be the most unjust selection ever

jae kingi has my respect for her game for sure - but not ahead of the aforemntioned
poto will not be ready enough to push ahead of erin and tully - we are not that desperate

Reply #65553 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Mate.. Ive been watching EXACTLY the same games as you. I dont think anyone here has been at all critical of Erin in any way nor mentioned a feeling that she should not be selected. I toally agree.
I was unsure of why she would miss selection because as I said as of Christmas eve even the player herself was pretty sure she was to miss selection due to inexperience.
I as much as anyone want to see Erin get the chance she deserves.

Reply #65556 | Report this post

JT  
Years ago

Can i just ask how much international experience Tully has over Erin? I believe only maybe 5 or 6 games. I know that she has played in the WNBA but when it comes to the Commonwealth Games, Olympics and Worlds i think you might find that Tully has only played about 5 or 6 games.

Also to mention she hasn't had the best WNBL season this year.

Reply #65657 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yes awesome stuff keep it up and bring home another cup to sa

Reply #65729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754