ifeelsore
Years ago

Willie and Dusty back in the good books

Looks like everyone is back on the gravy train.........great to hear that people are again saying something positive about the imports, as well as the rest of the team. How could you pick between Willie and Dusty (as per old posts) after tonights game. Both bring something different to the game, and both looked awesome. I must say I panicked when I heard Maher wasn't playing, thought they would be in trouble, although I thought Perth helped the cause-they looked very average. Hill played well-definately a perfect replacement when Maher retires

Topic #5778 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

great post game interview with willie

willie and dusty were never in my bad books anyway

as willie says - its about the chemistry - give me form players rather than name players any day!

well done hill

Reply #65452 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Maybe not your bad books 'what the' but people have been bagging Willie in particular. His defence may not be the best, but tonight he kept his head up all game no matter what, the team supported and backed each other up the WHOLE and they won. I think it has more to do with how they work as a team and their persistence - the skills and ability are obviously there and can't really be questioned

Reply #65456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pity about oscar though, just from the stats and his last few home games, i can smell him from here he is stinking it up at the moment or what.

he needs to be trying to get rebounds he is a fairly big player in a short team he should be down the post banging bodies not banging threes. is he scared he might get hurt or something, he is a big boy in a small pond at aba and dominates, but he is a baby in a big pool at nbl and he gets owned.

Reply #65457 | Report this post

Bosco  
Years ago

Lets just hope Willie turns up next week to play, and if so, then he has turned the corner on his season

Reply #65464 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

ifeelsore...Sorry, but there is no "bad books" and "gravy train" from my perspective. Just a boat load of frustration with players who you know can play out of this world but for whatever reason were for weeks on end playing ordinary basketball.

I mean, I didn't imagine the 2002 playoffs did I? I want the 2002 playoffs Willie Farley, where has he been? I saw him again last night and it was beautiful. A thing to see!

Reply #65466 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Willie plays best when he is psyched up and last night he was in the right zone. Dusty was more confident and did what he does best- boards and cleaned up close to the ring with some sweet shooting. Coops was good on the boards but is scary when he puts up a shot. Nashy got involved and is a flexible option who can cover a range of roles. O shot well -but only took 4 shots and was involved-fouled well and sending wildcats to the line and never letting them settle in paid off. He needs to be more selfish at times. Brad Hill relished his time and while he makes mistakes he still shows aggression and creates opportunities. His shooting from the field was okay but below average from the foul line. Jacob was involved and a significant contributor but his shot selection was at times below par and and his court vision or desire to find teammates was missing. His flat shooting remains a worry.
great team effort!!

Reply #65471 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Good to see willie get that "arogance" back, he was hitting some sweet shots and also some bs no way shots

Good to see dusty look bit more comfortable,

Coops looked like he was finally finding some of last years finals form,

Hill looked the goods as well great to see him start,

and isaac was spot on with gower call, he hussled played very hard even got the attention of vlahov when commentating

Reply #65491 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Jasmine...for a few weeks I had read a great deal about how poorly the team was playing and being coached with the odd/rare positive and supportive comment of being there no matter what. I'm sorry but people did put them in the 'bad books' and then jumped back on the gravy train after the game last night. For example, people were saying that Willie/Phil had to go, we need another import etc etc, and all of a sudden he is a hero again. My point is that they are all human and can't be perfect evry week. I think it is good as spectators of the game to reflect on why the team is winning/losing but to bag players and call for their sacking is uneccessary

Reply #65505 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Regarding the game can I just ask why David Bailey started the game with a headband then i nthe 2nd quarter got rid of it? Anyone know?

Reply #65538 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Not only was Coops putting up some shots, he grabbed 11 boards and dished out a handful of assists. It was so good to see everyone play a role in an important road win

Reply #65562 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

he went from the white head band to a black head band,

yeah coops had a good game he needs a few more in a row now to get some confidence and to keep his contract on the table

Reply #65606 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Well we were bagging willie because he was having a bad time, he was playing bad ball and looked disinterested. He was marvellous against Perth, and hopefully it was just a confidence issue and he can get back to playing the awesome ball we know he can.

Reply #65664 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

agreed amazing what a thing called confidence can do, lets hope hes pumped up and raring to go again

Reply #65699 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754