Joe Morgenstern
Years ago

Paul Rodgers should retire.

Is Paul Rodgers the NBL version of Shane Woewodin?

From MVP to dud in less than a few seasons

A few years ago Paul Rodgers was the league MVP now he just stinks the court up and should hand his salary back to the Perth Wildcats as he is receiving it under false pre tenses.

Last night has played 10:34

1 point and 3 rebounds (1/8 from the line, FFS disgraceful)

Topic #5780 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who is Paul Rodgers?

Joe give up...at least get the guys name right before shooting your mouth off.

Reply #65473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh crap. joe has something to say today.

Reply #65474 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Well he is still a disgrace even if I did get the all mighty one's name wrong.

Paul Rogers if you will

FFS 1 for 8 from the line 10:34 to finish with 1 point and 3 rebounds

Woewofull effort.

Reply #65475 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Joe Morgenstern Should Retire!

Reply #65479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That should be
Joe Mordgenstern Should Retire

Reply #65481 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

Get a life Joe, How many NBL games u ever played, and the Play Station doesnt count.

Reply #65482 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Spelling mistakes aside and how many games Joe has played in the NBL (I've played none) but the man is still entitled to his opinion (that's what the forum is all about - c'mon Kent, roll out of bed on the wrong side this morning?) and it seems like a few girls on here had a cry when Joe stated some home truths.

1) Paul Rogers is not the player people think he used to be (I for one have never been a fan of his game and am truly happy he is not with the Sixers).

2) His game DID suck last night and as I was watching it I just couldn't help but cringe anytime he was in the action, especially his woeful FT shooting!

'Nuff said.

Reply #65486 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

As was said during the call we employed the "Hack a Shag", everytime Rogers went to shoot, he got hacked and went to the line. Seemed to work with most of the team, at one stage they missed 6 foul shots in a row.

Reply #65488 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

100k well saved by the sixers in the end

Reply #65489 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

he did look very, very average last night. surely skills can't deteriorate that much. His foul shooting style made him look like a beginner, they were never going to go through the net

Reply #65503 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Stop rubbishing Joe M. It is irrevelant how many NBL games he has played. Its Rogers who is being paid by the Wildcats and doing very little for that money. I agree, a refund should be given.

Reply #65504 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

At least Rogers didn't airball a free throw like Dillon Boucher did

Reply #65514 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

that is true, that was just embarassing, great win for the sixers without brett.

Reply #65518 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ha - But Nashy airballed one for us on Wednesday night last week too!

Reply #65527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rogers only got MVP coz he had ricky grace givn him the ball every offence

Reply #65549 | Report this post

Hurley  
Years ago

I agree with Rodgers, i havent seen him play well in atleast 2 years. Funnily enough hes on the Boomers squad for commonwealth games! we would be better off with one of thoes younger guys like vanderjagt, Paul is still an ok passer and he does have a few post moves... but his shooting is pathetic, hes worse then shaq, hes a damn liability!

Reply #65571 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I actualy can recall playing against Paul when I was 13 years old in a social game. Paul was a few years older and he was six for two or close to it but he did nothing.

He could not shoot or dribble the ball.

Twelve months later he had grown 7 inches and was playing State league

I agree he is a solid passer but very over rated and not worth more than $50k per year.

Reply #65636 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

It would be somewhat ridiculous for anyone to sick up for Rogers after his game the other night. He hurt them BIG TIME.

Joe's comparison between Rogers and Shane Woewodin is pretty much spot on.

Adelaide's mistake with Rogers was not trying to get Ricky Grace to come over and make him look good, just as he did his whole career in Perth. No Grace now, and Rogers has become a laughing stock.

Perth has lost out big on him, and it has counteracted the terrific signing of David Bailey, who is a great player.

Reply #65740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bump

Reply #820517 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bump
...why?

Reply #820521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754